PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the new TV show cosmos?

Bailey
06-04-2014, 05:52 AM
It would be a good show if it just kept to science and whatnot but oh no it couldn't do that. It just had slam Christianity at every opportunity. I mean in one episode they praised Islam for crying out loud. Not to mention all the global warming preaching that made me sick. Its a shame they had to ruin a good idea to push everything from religion bashing and how bad european were. meh /rant off.

linda22003
06-04-2014, 08:42 AM
We saw only the first episode and saw no particular reference to religion (aside from the Galileo episode, which was not anti-Catholic, just pro-science, and the two were in direct conflict on the issue of heliocentric theory). I can't speak to subsequent episodes, because we thought it had been so "dumbed down" that it wasn't worth much, so we didn't continue with it.

SarasotaRepub
06-04-2014, 08:45 AM
The DUmmies were creaming their jeans over it so

right there...:rolleyes:

I watched the first two episodes and frankly, there was

nothing I hadn't already seen before. Then throw in the

obvious Leftist slant and goodbye.

noonwitch
06-04-2014, 10:00 AM
I watched a couple of episodes, until GOT started the 4th season. The host is a frequent guest on Bill Maher's show and on TDS.

When I was a teen, we watched the original Cosmos with Carl Sagan together as a family. That and Cheers were the only shows we watched together.

Retread
06-04-2014, 10:52 AM
After the first 15 minutes, I swapped channels and have never looked back. The original was a great show but this is one pure prop.

Lanie
06-04-2014, 10:54 AM
It would be a good show if it just kept to science and whatnot but oh no it couldn't do that. It just had slam Christianity at every opportunity. I mean in one episode they praised Islam for crying out loud. Not to mention all the global warming preaching that made me sick. Its a shame they had to ruin a good idea to push everything from religion bashing and how bad european were. meh /rant off.

I liked watching it for the scientific facts. Unfortunately, one of the non-religious people where I live threw a fit and I had to stop. Sigh.

DumbAss Tanker
06-04-2014, 11:35 AM
I watched a couple of episodes, I found the use of shitty animation to fill program time at lower cost to be a detractor from the production values. Not nearly as good as the original series.

linda22003
06-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Noonie's right - those of us who remember the Carl Sagan "Cosmos" can't take this animated, fourth-grade level version.

Dori
06-04-2014, 12:20 PM
I watched a couple of episodes, I found the use of shitty animation to fill program time at lower cost to be a detractor from the production values. Not nearly as good as the original series.

I watched the first hour or so of it. I wasn't impressed. Thought it was kind of dumb in a way.

I kept reading on the DUmp how great it was, but I sure couldn't see it.

Of course I'm usually diametrically opposed to anything the DUmpmonkies are for, so that's no surprise.

Bad Dog
06-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Last show he went full on chicken little on the environment leaving out "scientific" facts like the actual percentage of CO2 on Venus and actual percentage of CO2 in the Earth's past.

thundley4
06-04-2014, 01:20 PM
I watched the first two episodes and was disappointed that there was little information that I haven't seen or read.