PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Official: Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Has Declined to Speak to His Family

SarasotaRepub
06-08-2014, 06:35 PM
Oki-Doki... (http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-s-official-sgt-bowe-bergdahl-has-declined-to-speak-to-his-family-1402242356?tesla=y&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304315504579612170444661860.html): rolleyes:

By Julian E. Barnes

June 8, 2014 11:46 a.m. ET

PARIS—Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has declined to speak to his family after five years in harsh captivity that included being held in a cage after one attempted escape, according to a U.S. official familiar with the Army soldier's recovery.

Doctors treating Sgt. Bergdahl at a U.S. military hospital in Germany are moving slowly because of the swirling controversy over the soldier's release, the U.S. official said.

While he spent five years in captivity after being captured by Afghan insurgents in 2009, Sgt. Bergdahl doesn't yet want to talk to his family on the phone, the official said.

Maybe he knows what a nutcase his jihad daddy looks like???

ABC
06-08-2014, 09:08 PM
More than likely under orders from the WH not to speak ...

Lest he say something that could embarrass the admin further.

ETA ~ Saw this in comments somewhere and believe it to be a distinct possibility.

Dori
06-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Is this normal? Nevermind, forget that, there isn't anything normal about this guy.

RobJohnson
06-09-2014, 08:52 AM
A week or so ago I heard an discussion on a news program that his father was not even sure if his son still knew English and it would take him a while to adapt to American life once again after being gone so long......I thought this was on Fox but I can't find a link right now. It was like the fish out of water syndrome.

noonwitch
06-09-2014, 10:46 AM
If I'd been held captive for 5 years by the Taliban, my parents are not the first people I'd want to see after my release. Whereas my dad would accept this, my mom would of course be devastated, which is exactly why I wouldn't want her around in my initial recovery. Borderlines make everything about them. She's still not over the fact that I didn't ask her to stay with me when I had surgery in 1992.

I'd want to see my sister, though.

Lanie
06-09-2014, 11:21 AM
If I'd been held captive for 5 years by the Taliban, my parents are not the first people I'd want to see after my release. Whereas my dad would accept this, my mom would of course be devastated, which is exactly why I wouldn't want her around in my initial recovery. Borderlines make everything about them. She's still not over the fact that I didn't ask her to stay with me when I had surgery in 1992.

I'd want to see my sister, though.

Who is the first person you'd want to see?

noonwitch
06-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Who is the first person you'd want to see?

My dog!!!!

Then my sister, who would likely be bringing me my dog.

ABC
06-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Easy one ... my husband!

Followed closely by my hairdresser, after having a long, luxurious, soak in the bathtub. :biggrin-new: