PDA

View Full Version : Mexican officials say jailed Marine could avoid long prison term by blaming PTSD

Rockntractor
06-10-2014, 01:31 AM
Mexican officials apparently are floating the possibility that jailed Marine Andrew Tahmooressi could avoid a lengthy prison term, if -- and only if -- he blames the entire episode on post-traumatic stress disorder.
Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., revealed the development in a letter sent Monday to Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James Amos.
Relaying the details of discussions he's had with Mexican officials on the case, Hunter wrote: "It was conveyed to me that the only way Andrew can avoid an extended prison sentence is by stating that PTSD was the reason for his mistake."
More>http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/06/09/rep-mexican-officials-say-jailed-marine-could-avoid-long-prison-term-by-blaming/?intcmp=trending

JohnnyJeb
06-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Just send in the Marines.

SaintLouieWoman
06-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Just send in the Marines.

How about our esteemed leader trying to help? I guess there's nothing in it for him.

At least Fox News is trying to help, plus a Florida US Rep and Duncan Hunter. We need to keep the pressure on to get him out of there. Maybe if everyone contacts their representatives they'll know it's unacceptable to let him remain in that Mexican hell hole. Is there a White House # to call to register our interest in this?

Zathras
06-10-2014, 10:27 AM
How about our esteemed leader trying to help? I guess there's nothing in it for him.

At least Fox News is trying to help, plus a Florida US Rep and Duncan Hunter. We need to keep the pressure on to get him out of there. Maybe if everyone contacts their representatives they'll know it's unacceptable to let him remain in that Mexican hell hole. Is there a White House # to call to register our interest in this?

If there is, it'll fall on deaf ears. The Empty Suit and his band of cronies don't give a damn about what the American people have to say about anything.

Dlr Pyro
06-10-2014, 11:33 AM
we should swap Tahmooressi for 5 million illegal aliens living in the U.S right now.

...Hell, why stop at 5 million, lets swap him for all the illegals living within our borders.

SaintLouieWoman
06-10-2014, 11:47 AM
we should swap Tahmooressi for 5 million illegal aliens living in the U.S right now.

...Hell, why stop at 5 million, lets swap him for all the illegals living within our borders.

Good idea---but maybe we could just threaten to send all those illegals back (but not going to happen under this administration).

Maybe the Mexican gov't will start listening if Americans refuse to go to Cancun or any other vacation spot.

thundley4
06-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Let's empty our prisons of all illegals and ship them back to Mexico.

SarasotaRepub
06-10-2014, 12:24 PM
WTF is John F'n Kerry doing??? Wasn't he just there???

How about oBAMA get on his phone??? :rolleyes:

I wonder if the Mexican Pres would even take the call...

thundley4
06-10-2014, 12:58 PM
WTF is John F'n Kerry doing??? Wasn't he just there???

How about oBAMA get on his phone??? :rolleyes:

I wonder if the Mexican Pres would even take the call...

Kerry brought the issue up when he was there, but that was all that was said about it.

It probably went something like this.

"John effin' Kerry: I here you have a former marine sitting in jail.

Mexican rep: Yeah, so?

JK: No problem, I just wanted to be able to say that I brought it up."

End of discussion.

noonwitch
06-10-2014, 03:32 PM
If they will let him go under the condition that he admits to PTSD, and his mother states that he has PTSD, then he should do so and get home.

Then again, can we trust the Mexican government to do what they say they will do?

thundley4
06-10-2014, 08:35 PM
If they will let him go under the condition that he admits to PTSD, and his mother states that he has PTSD, then he should do so and get home.

Then again, can we trust the Mexican government to do what they say they will do?

If he admits to having PTSD, then his own government will try and take his weapons away.