PDA

View Full Version : Would you spend your vacation dollars in Mexico? Poll

SaintLouieWoman
06-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Would you send a message to the Mexican government by NOT vacationing there or in any way spend any dollars, period, in Mexico until they free our Sgt?

SarasotaRepub
06-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Though I have liked Mexico in the past...hell no now.

thundley4
06-10-2014, 12:12 PM
I think it's still too dangerous for Americans in many parts of Mexico, so even if they send Tahmooressi home, I still wouldn't go there.

linda22003
06-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Not because of the soldier, but because I spent one day on a cruise in Cozumel in 2008 and thought, I just don't need to see one more square inch of this country. There are too many places I AM interested in going.

DumbAss Tanker
06-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Oh HELL no.

SVPete
06-10-2014, 01:24 PM
No, but because it is too dangerous for Anglos like me.

ABC
06-10-2014, 01:25 PM
I voted Hell No Never. Never again that is ... too dangerous these days for tourists.

Have done so in the past with friends on vacation a few times and really enjoyed it.

As Linda stated "Not because of the soldier" either, but unlike her ...

Is because I prefer to let this disgrace of not engaging the Mexican government in talks to get our soldier out of there ... serve to show up the unmitigated hypocrisy of our government ... all by itself.

And it will!

~ ABC

linda22003
06-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I admit I haven't heard much about this story - he drove into Mexico with guns and ammo, and didn't mean to enter Mexico? Is that the gist of it? But Mexico has always been really unappealing to me as a destination.

Dori
06-10-2014, 02:05 PM
I was in a couple of border towns years ago. Thought they were gross....have never wanted to go back.

Dlr Pyro
06-10-2014, 02:31 PM
I used to make regular trips south of the border for fishing and surfing trips but not anymore because:

1. Too dangerous
2. Police and other officials are too corrupt
3. They don't respect this Nation's laws and Sovereignty.

JohnnyJeb
06-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Looking across the Rio and not liking what I saw years ago was enough of Mexico for me....:frown-new:

noonwitch
06-10-2014, 03:28 PM
I've never been to Mexico and probably never will go there. It's hot and you can't drink the water.

SaintLouieWoman
06-10-2014, 04:14 PM
I've never been to Mexico and probably never will go there. It's hot and you can't drink the water.
And you have to be on the look out for shoot outs and drug cartels, occasional kidnappings. I lived in San Antonio some years ago, and it was bad then. A friend and I were going to do some shopping in Laredo before I moved back to St Louis, and her husband said to absolutely not go. Seems the government and the gangs were having shoot outs in the street. Also big problems with the banks, somehow were involved with the shoot outs--maybe being robbed? It's been quite a while.

I've never had any inclination to go there since, and their treatment of the sgt, who made a wrong turn and got into lanes where he could go no where but Mexico, is ridiculous. He had parked on the US side and thought he was going north. Apparently there had been construction and the signs were mixed up. He hadn't intended to take guns into Mexico. Plus they were legally registered in US.

No Mexico for me.

BlueStateSaint
06-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Went to Juarez for a few hours, when I was stationed at Bliss. Never again. Hell, no!

Apache
06-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Until we annex that shit-hole.... NEVER!!!!

They have not respected us, in the past, present or foreseeable future.... fence it off and catapult the occupiers over said fence :biggrin-new:

RobJohnson
06-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Before a passport was needed it was really popular for the snowbirds to visit. They could park and walk through and many sough medical, dental and eye care there. My mom once brought back a well know generic brand or Rx amoxicillin that cost her $4.

I would still like to go some time.