PDA

View Full Version : Finally Friday (well, almost)

jendf
06-12-2008, 11:03 PM
This has been one of the most overwhelming weeks of my life and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it over. It started last Thursday when I received some news that left my heart shattered in a thousand pieces. Add to that my craptacular car acting up again and virtually no sleep (due to stress of car, finances, and broken heart), and I have been one emotional and physical wreck.

A couple upsides to this week have been my very positive experience with AAA Auto Repair (see thread for details) and the fact that I surpassed JB in Fantasy Baseball (You're next CS and Wiggum).

I suspect tomorrow will be hot and sunny, blah, blah, blah...:D

TOTD: Have you ever gone to a movie, show, or sporting event alone? Or any event that is typically attended in couples or groups?

I want to go to Saturday night's D'backs game. Everyone I asked to join me has prior plans. How pathetic would I look if I went by myself?

Shannon
06-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Well, I guess this is better than no thread at all.:rolleyes:

jendf
06-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Well, I guess this is better than no thread at all.:rolleyes:

Bitch, please...:rolleyes::p

Shannon
06-12-2008, 11:12 PM
TOTD: Is there anybody left that doesn't already think you're pathetic, Jen?

I jest, I jest!

Gingersnap
06-13-2008, 12:01 AM
TOTD: Have you ever gone to a movie, show, or sporting event alone? Or any event that is typically attended in couples or groups?

I want to go to Saturday night's D'backs game. Everyone I asked to join me has prior plans. How pathetic would I look if I went by myself?

Yep, often. Mr. Snaps and I have divergent tastes in some things and we aren't joined at the hip. Although I am a card-carrying Introvert, I have learned to negotiate these things.

1. Expect to enjoy whatever it is - don't go with a pessimistic attitude.

2. Think ahead of time about what possible things you could discuss with a stranger.

3. Be cute and sweet. It's sexist but it works. :)

Shannon
06-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Day thread rule # 487- If the designated day thread poster violates rule #236 and posts the day thread before the scheduled day, NO ONE will seriously reply to that thread until the scheduled day.

Just an FYI, Ginger... in case you misplaced your manual or something. I can always send you an extra copy.

Gingersnap
06-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Day thread rule # 487- If the designated day thread poster violates rule #236 and posts the day thread before the scheduled day, NO ONE will seriously reply to that thread until the scheduled day.

Just an FYI, Ginger... in case you misplaced your manual or something. I can always send you an extra copy.

Okay. :o

*speed dials FedEx*

jendf
06-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Yep, often. Mr. Snaps and I have divergent tastes in some things and we aren't joined at the hip. Although I am a card-carrying Introvert, I have learned to negotiate these things.

1. Expect to enjoy whatever it is - don't go with a pessimistic attitude.

2. Think ahead of time about what possible things you could discuss with a stranger.

3. Be cute and sweet. It's sexist but it works. :)

Thanks, Ginger. That's exactly what I needed to hear.

jendf
06-13-2008, 12:19 AM

There's a manual?! :eek:

lurkalot
06-13-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm a single mom. I go everywhere alone or with a five year old. no biggie..of course I find that I am an attractive witty and intelligent date and have fun with myself

oh wait..that doesn't sound right :o

DarkScribe
06-13-2008, 06:53 AM
This has been one of the most overwhelming weeks of my life and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it over. It started last Thursday when I received some news that left my heart shattered in a thousand pieces. Add to that my craptacular car acting up again and virtually no sleep (due to stress of car, finances, and broken heart), and I have been one emotional and physical wreck.

A couple upsides to this week have been my very positive experience with AAA Auto Repair (see thread for details) and the fact that I surpassed JB in Fantasy Baseball (You're next CS and Wiggum).

I suspect tomorrow will be hot and sunny, blah, blah, blah...:D

Just ignore, Miss Meanie Pants, Jen. I think there should be a new CU bylaw on those who DON'T have a day thread assigned, stating that they cannot criticize someones TOTD. Sounds good, anyway. :p

TOTD: I've been to the movies by myself, but it was a while ago. I don't think it is pathetic but it did make me feel a little weird at first. However, my mom goes to the movies by herself quite frequently. My dad hates movie theaters, so....she doesn't care. :cool:

movie buff
06-13-2008, 08:43 AM
TOTD: I can think of at least a couple concerts I've gone to alone, and LOADS of movies I've gone to alone.

LibraryLady
06-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Because I am an only child I am very comfortable alone. I really enjoy going out to a nice meal by myself.

jendf
06-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Alright, I'm convinced. I'm going to see my D'backs tomorrow. :D

Gingersnap
06-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks, Ginger. That's exactly what I needed to hear.

You're welcome. Wear something cute and expect to have a wonderful time. :D

Now that it really is Friday, I guess it's safe to post.

It's going to be a great day weather-wise and that's good because I'm starting Phase II of the frontal attack. I need to go out later and pick up a few more plants. Well, that's what I told Mr. Snaps, anyway. Failing to mention the front end loader and the fork lift are simple oversights. I may need to take an abrupt trip around the end of the month when the bills come in.

Cold Warrior
06-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Because I am an only child I am very comfortable alone. I really enjoy going out to a nice meal by myself.

Nice day here in the insurance salesman graveyard. I'm back to my regular consulting schedule (finally) and am working at the client four days and from home on Friday. By 2:00, I'll be in my local, sipping a scotch and watching Euro 2008.

TOTD: Lots of times. I, like LL, was an only child (surprise) and am very comfortable alone. When my girlfriend moved in with me in Sarajevo, it was a major adjustment, after having lived by myself for 11 years. I'm used to going to dinner, movies, on trips, etc. only with the person I admire the most (:D).

Junebug68
06-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Beautiful here, but it'll get hot later.

TOTD: I'm really independent, so if I want to see and movie or go to dinner and there's no one to go with me, I just go anyway and have a good time.

Shannon
06-13-2008, 10:33 AM
It's hot here.;) I'm starting to go through Tristan withdrawal already.:eek: This is not a good sign.

Gingersnap
06-13-2008, 10:39 AM
It's hot here.;) I'm starting to go through Tristan withdrawal already.:eek: This is not a good sign.

Clean your ceiling fans. That worked last year. :)

Phillygirl
06-13-2008, 10:55 AM
I don't really go to places like movies, etc. alone. I will go out to eat by myself, but not to anywhere exceptionally nice. I will go to the beach alone as I've realized that I don't really like having to talk to anyone when I'm there...I just like to read my book and get some sun and some sleep.

I have 5 nephews/niece, so I can usually drag a kid along to somewhere that I'm interested in going if there's no adult interested in going.

lacarnut
06-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Alright, I'm convinced. I'm going to see my D'backs tomorrow. :D

Go for it and you might meet someone at the ball park (you never know); I enjoy peace & quiet so being alone does not bother me; I would rather go to the beach when it is not crowded like in the fall or early spring.

LogansPapa
06-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Earliest sunrise today. First day of Summer - next Saturday, longest day of the year at this location on the globe. Weather is mild: 75 in the day - 60 at night. Surf’s flat.

TOTD: Is it pathetic that me and my old dog sometimes drive up to the Central Coast (Morro Bay and such) in my old rig and spend the weekend walking the beaches and taking pictures of the scenery?

:o

jendf
06-13-2008, 03:10 PM
TOTD: Is it pathetic that me and my old dog sometimes drive up to the Central Coast (Morro Bay and such) in my old rig and spend the weekend walking the beaches and taking pictures of the scenery?

:o

Not at all.

JB
06-13-2008, 04:24 PM
and the fact that I surpassed JB in Fantasy Baseball (You're next CS and Wiggum).ahem. That's twice you called me out on that in two days. See what happens when you do such things:

1. Chief Wiggum 89.5
2. JB Juicers 73.5
3. CS Lions 73
4. Jendf's D-backs 70.5
5. Big Red Machine 59
6. Damn Yankees! 54.5
7. Peoria Pissants 45
8. Rangers 39
How pathetic would I look if I went by myself?You're never alone when you have those voices in your head. :p

jendf
06-13-2008, 04:26 PM
ahem. That's twice you called me out on that in two days. See what happens when you do such things:

1. Chief Wiggum 89.5
2. JB Juicers 73.5
3. CS Lions 73
4. Jendf's D-backs 70.5
5. Big Red Machine 59
6. Damn Yankees! 54.5
7. Peoria Pissants 45
8. Rangers 39

I saw that this morning. I was hoping no one would notice. :D

You're never alone when you have those voices in your head. :p

This is true! :p

JB
06-13-2008, 04:30 PM
...By the way...nothing wrong with going to a ballgame by yourself.

Just don't do those sit-ups and push-ups you were doing for balls and strikes. :D

jendf
06-13-2008, 04:34 PM
By the way...nothing wrong with going to a ballgame by yourself.

Just don't do those sit-ups and push-ups you were doing for balls and strikes. :D

Ha! I can't believe you remember that.

BSR
06-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Not at all.

I disagree.. Not only is it pathetic, it's kinda gay...

:D

Molon Labe
06-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Saw Aliens and Police Academy 3 as a teenager alone cause the guys at work crapped out on me .

I'd do it again if I really wanted to do something.

jendf
06-13-2008, 05:01 PM

:rolleyes:

LogansPapa
06-13-2008, 05:27 PM

(bastard)

:p