PDA

View Full Version : Dear White People

NJCardFan
06-21-2014, 02:05 PM
This is a movie coming out this year. Can you imagine the furor if there was a movie called Dear Black People? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2235108/

Ranger Rick
06-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Obviously a thank you for all the great things white people have done for the world.

SaintLouieWoman
06-21-2014, 03:50 PM
They should title it "Dear White Christian People" and complete the trashing.

Dori
06-21-2014, 06:54 PM
According to the plot summary, it's a satire on diversification.

Apocalypse
06-21-2014, 07:13 PM
I visited the producer's blog on this. It's no satire. It's a "black perspectives".

http://www.filmindependent.org/blogs/diversity-speaks-a-black-face-in-a-white-place/#.U6YBQECyCVY

Then look at the director, all his stuff is "Indy Films" which means limited showings, rarely if ever make it to DVD and never big screen.

I would put this in the same category.

Very limited showing. Likely the very liberal film festivals and some even more select ghetto movie theaters.

NJCardFan
06-22-2014, 12:59 AM
According to the plot summary, it's a satire on diversification.

So if I made an satire film about a white person living in the ghetto and calling it Dear Black People it wouldn't get a 2nd glance? Um, OK. I'd be shook down by JJ faster than you can say Jack Robinson.

Dori
06-22-2014, 03:33 PM
So if I made an satire film about a white person living in the ghetto and calling it Dear Black People it wouldn't get a 2nd glance? Um, OK. I'd be shook down by JJ faster than you can say Jack Robinson.

I'm sure it would. But there is always some group out there that will be offended by whatever is put out there.

The description of the movie as being a satire was on several websites reviewing the movie.

NJCardFan
06-22-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm sure it would. But there is always some group out there that will be offended by whatever is put out there.

The description of the movie as being a satire was on several websites reviewing the movie.

Again, bullshit. A white person making anything in entertainment ethnic is going to be lambasted. Or am I dreaming the whole Redskins thing.

Dori
06-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Again, bullshit. A white person making anything in entertainment ethnic is going to be lambasted. Or am I dreaming the whole Redskins thing.

BS? Nobody said a white person making something ethnic wouldn't get lambasted, and mentioning the Red Skins kerfuffle proves my point that a lot of groups out there will find anything to get offended over.

Recently a college sorority wanted to have a Hawaiian themed party where people wore grass skirts and coconut shells, and that blew up into a big ethnic brouhaha.

noonwitch
06-23-2014, 02:28 PM

I'm going to write a book to that effect some day, only I'm going to call it 145 Miles (which is the distance between the house in which I grew up in suburban Grand Rapids to the house I lived in in Detroit). First, though, I have to finish the novel I started, based on a former coworker who stalked men electronically. I've got about 35 pages written so far on that subject.

Dlr Pyro
06-23-2014, 05:04 PM
I've always thought a good sequel to the movie "white men can't jump" would be "black men can't hold down a job".

Lanie
06-23-2014, 05:49 PM
I've always thought a good sequel to the movie "white men can't jump" would be "black men can't hold down a job".

And then I guess the stereotyping white person can be fired once the black man gets promoted.

And of course no stereotyping is okay to do, not to white people either.