PDA

View Full Version : Panel: Palin Abused Power in trooper case

Eyelids
10-11-2008, 01:14 AM
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor and violated state ethics law by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.

"Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's refusal to fire State Trooper Mike Wooten from the state police force was "likely a contributing factor" to Monegan's July dismissal, but Palin had the authority as governor to fire him, the report by former Anchorage prosecutor Stephen Branchflower states.

Monegan said he was "relieved" by the findings.

"I believed and had the opinion that I was terminated because I did not fire Wooten," he told CNN. "Now these findings say that that's what happened, so I feel relieved."

However, the investigator's report states that Palin's efforts to get Wooten fired broke a state ethics law that bars public officials from pursuing personal interest through official action.

More at the jump:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/palin.investigation/index.html

--------------

Game. Over.

Sonnabend
10-11-2008, 02:10 AM
Stapleton called the investigation "a partisan-led inquiry" run by supporters of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, but hailed its finding that Monegan's firing broke no law.

Non. issue.

"Gov. Palin was cleared of the allegation of an improper firing, which is what this investigation was approved to look into," she said.

No Fitzmas for you :D:D

Stapleton went on to say that the Legislature exceeded its mandate in finding an ethics violation. "Lacking evidence to support the original Monegan allegation, the Legislative Council seriously overreached, making a tortured argument to find fault without basis in law or fact."

Yep. In other words, they couldn't fnd anything, so they made it up

He said Palin "bumped right against the edges" of the state's ethics laws but that he would give "the benefit of the doubt to the governor, though, at this point."

Poor Eyelids.Another excuse down the toilet.

In other news

ACORN, an old friend of Obama, is now being investigated in FIFTEEN states for deliberate and blatant voter fraud, malfeasance and possible felonies.

Oh dear (http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/obama_and_acorn_more_lies_more_fraud/)

ACORN, which claims to be non-partisan and a non-profit, was paid over $800,000 by the Obama campaign, through its front group, Citizens Services, Inc. for that so-called “advance work.” Obviously, the documentation supporting that “advance work” claim by Obama was fraudulent.

Your boy is now tied into ACORN. The RICO investigation is only a matter of time.

cat714
10-11-2008, 02:12 AM
I was wondering when one you "lefties" were going to post this, but Eyelids, you're not telling the full story.
The investigation was partsian and most of these folks are Obama supporters. Here are the facts:

FOX News Article (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/10/panel-palin-abused-power-firing-commissioner/)

Sarah Palin "abused her power" as governor in the disciplinary case against a state trooper, according to a legislative panel's report released Friday, though it also found that her firing of a state commissioner was "proper and lawful."

The ethics inquiry, which Palin's supporters have called politically motivated, found that a family grudge was a factor in Palin's dismissal of Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan -- but not the sole factor.

The nearly 300-page report does not recommend sanctions or a criminal investigation.

"I think there are some problems in this report," said Republican state Sen. Gary Stevens, a member of the panel. "I would encourage people to be very cautious, to look at this with a jaundiced eye."

No pun intended Eyelids...:D

Sonnabend
10-11-2008, 02:17 AM
Eyelids hopes to be a newscaster one day...here's a glimpse of his future.

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Monkey-Actor-C.jpg

Sonnabend
10-11-2008, 02:45 AM
What Eyelids ignored (http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog/g/134db782-50f0-42e5-8171-791804d9fbc1)

Here's a note to Mr. Branchflower, who clearly is verbose, but obviously none too keen a scholar of logic: Gov. Palin's so-called "firing" of Monegan (it wasn't a firing, it was a re-assignment to other government duties that he resigned rather than accept) can't simultaneously be a violation of the Ethics Act and "a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority.

" This, gentle readers, is a 263-page piece of political circus that actually explicitly refutes itself on its single most key page!

More lies

Even the Anchorage Daily News is misrepresenting the meaning of this report: I just received an email update (http://www.beldar.org/beldarblog/2008/10/ADN_email.pdf) from it in which it claims that "Today Alaska legislators found Palin did abuse her power in the 'Troopergate' controversy." That's absolutely false — the Alaska Legislature is not in session, and all that happened today was that the 12-member Legislative Council that received the Branchflower Report voted unanimously to release its first volume (the 263-page .pdf file linked above) to the public. Several more volumes and hundreds more pages prepared by Branchflower still remain confidential — suggesting that Branchflower's selective quotations in the report may well have been "cherry-picked" or taken out of context — but the governor's office has itself posted quite a few more documents (http://community.adn.com/adn/node/132569) pertaining to the investigation on the internet, confirming Gov. Palin's repeated statements that she has nothing to hide in this entire matter.

http://www.lafferty.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/fail-24.jpg

Eyelids
10-11-2008, 03:13 AM
Im so sick of croneyism bullshit. Sure this might not affect the polls but do we need another asshole who has loyalty tests and fires people for purely political or personal reasons? This just reeks of the US Attorneys, I know you'll turn a blind eye to anything your dimwit, spoiled, daddy's girl beauty queen does but she's as corrupt as they come.

AmPat
10-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Im so sick of croneyism bullshit. Sure this might not affect the polls but do we need another asshole who has no loyalty as evidenced by throwing all his political baggage under the bus, who fails to answer the tough questions of his past and present associates and cronies for purely political or personal reasons? This just reeks of the US Attorneys, I know you'll turn a blind eye to anything your dimwit, spoiled, Uh-BAma messiah does but he's as corrupt as they come.

How's your words look held up like a mirror?:rolleyes:

cat714
10-11-2008, 04:02 AM
Im so sick of croneyism bullshit. Sure this might not affect the polls but do we need another asshole who has loyalty tests and fires people for purely political or personal reasons? This just reeks of the US Attorneys, I know you'll turn a blind eye to anything your dimwit, spoiled, daddy's girl beauty queen does but she's as corrupt as they come.

Are you trying to be funny or did you "OD" on the kool-aid? You have Palin confused with your homie Obama.

If the situation were reversed, I would defend Obama on something like this. That trooper, who is still on the job, is a scumbag and a disgrace to the badge. The stuff about him is true and has been proven. As for that sack of shit Monegan, he wasn't fired, but offered a reassignment. He didn't take it so he quit. Now he's whining like a liberal and telling people he was some sort of victim.:rolleyes: Monegan was trying to circumvent Palin's authority as govenor and his boss. Sounds like he had problems taking orders from a woman. He was holding meetings behind her back and trying to obtain funds without her approval...just to name a few things. If he's keeping cop like Wooten on the job, you have to wonder about his character and judgment.

This mostly biased panel makes this announcement about Palin abusing her power, but then says the firing was justified and lawful and recommended no punishment. You would have to have the IQ of a carrot stick to not see that this was all politically motivated.

Zathras
10-11-2008, 04:18 AM

So since you don't approve of croneyism BS Blinky, just who are you going to vote for? Please say Obaahma and prove just what a lying hypocrit you really are.

Sonnabend
10-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Im so sick of croneyism bullshit. Sure this might not affect the polls but do we need another asshole who has loyalty tests and fires people for purely political or personal reasons?

Your golden boy Obama is a snake who cant be trusted...and who has thrown a number of people under the bus for the sake of his career. Grow the hell up, will you?

This just reeks of the US Attorneys, I know you'll turn a blind eye to anything your dimwit, spoiled, daddy's girl beauty queen does but she's as corrupt as they come.

No crime has been committed, idiot. No jurisdiction.

You liberals have been calling President Bush a criminal, yet when challenged to find an actual crime..silence.

Speaking of corruption, shall we discuss Zer-0's campaign contributions? His ties to domestic terrorists? His ties to a felon Tony Resko? His gigantic connection to massive and rampant voter fraud by ACORN? His interference in Kenyan elections on behalf of Odinga Obama??

No?

Didnt think so.

Sonnabend
10-11-2008, 06:21 AM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24480938-5012572,00.html

Palin denies wrongdoing in 'Troopergate' scandal

From correspondents in Ohio

October 11, 2008 05:49pm

US vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin acted "within proper and lawful authority" in removing the Alaska's public safety commissioner, the McCain-Palin Republican presidential ticket said in response to a state report.

An Alaska ethics inquiry found on Friday that Governor Palin, John McCain's vice presidential candidate, abused the power of her state office in connection with the dismissal of Alaska Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan.

The state investigation centered on whether the firing of Mr Monegan was linked to Governor Palin's personal feud with Michael Wooten, a state trooper involved in a contentious divorce with the governor's sister.

The inquiry found that while it was within the governor's authority to dismiss Mr Monegan, she violated the public trust by pressuring those who worked for her to act in a way that advanced her personal wishes.

"Governor Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda, to wit: to get Trooper Michael Wooten fired," the report said.

A statement from the McCain-Palin campaign said: "Today's report shows that the Governor acted within her proper and lawful authority in the reassignment of Walt Monegan."

"This was a partisan led inquiry run by (Barack) Obama supporters and the Palins were completely justified in their concern regarding Trooper (Michael) Wooten given his violent and rogue behavior," the campaign's statement said.

Barack Obama is the Democratic presidential candidate.

"Lacking evidence to support the original Monegan allegation, the Legislative Council seriously overreached, making a tortured argument to find fault without basis in law or fact," the McCain-Palin statement said.

The finding cast a cloud over John McCain's controversial choice of running mate for the November 4 election. On the day it was published he reined in an aggressive strategy against Barack Obama that had failed to cut into his Democratic rival's lead.

After a week in which he and Governor Palin fiercely attacked Senator Obama and inflamed supporters by urging them to question his fitness to be president, Senator McCain switched to a milder tone, calling on frustrated loyalists to respect the Illinois senator.

Supporters appeared surprised by his conciliatory approach, booing at a Minneapolis rally when he told a skeptical backer that Senator Obama was a "decent person and a person that you do not have to be scared (of) as president of the United States."

Constitutionally Speaking
10-11-2008, 07:03 AM

The "loyalty" test crap was just another LIE put out by the left.

Meanwhile the TRUTH that the Dems were the main governmental problems in the Current economic unrest, by taking sweetheart loans and massive campaign donations in exchange for resisting Republican efforts to reign in the abuses of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. You ignore the TRUTH that Obama was part of two lawsuits against the banks who refused to make these bad loans and his "community organizing" consisted partly of organizing protests of and efforts to embarrass other banks who refused to make these loans.

You ignore the fact that radical groups have received literally BILLIONS of taxpayer money to enact their radical agenda.

asdf2231
10-11-2008, 07:52 AM

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081011/D93O5ESG0.html

The legislative committee that released the report Friday recommends no criminal investigation and has no authority to sanction the governor, the Republican vice presidential nominee.

Suck it you drama queen. ;)

Sonnabend
10-11-2008, 07:59 AM
From AIR (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/www.nicedoggie.net)

Down to the wire.

Comment by LC MuscleDaddy

Okay - here’s the problem… (please bear with me)

Let’s start with our reference material, being the report & findings in question.

While I’m as happy as anyone else with the “within her rights to fire the insubordinate ass-bag” - part, there is, unfortunately, another part…

In the linked doc, go to page 8 to see “Finding 1″ - this is where the “abuse of power’ part comes from.

Apparently, Alaskan statutes maintain that “…each public officer holds office as a public trust, and any effort to benefit a personal or financial interest through official action is a violation of that trust.”

It also defines “benefit” as “anything that is to a person’s advantage or self-interest, regardless of financial gain”. (pg 49)

It further identifies “personal interest” to include “immediate family members” which, in turn, includes “siblings” (pg 50).

Finally, “Official Action” is defined as “…advice, participation, or assistance, including… a recommendation, decision, approval, disapproval, vote, or other similar action, including inaction, by a public officer.” (pg. 50)
=======================================

Okay - so basically it boils down to this:

When Sarah & Todd kept asking where the investigation was going, RE: her sister’s complaints about the kid tasering, moose poaching, drunk driving, criminality-bragging state-trooper-ex-husband…

… and repeatedly asked why such an embarrassing asshat was allowed to continue to represent the agency and the state of Alaska….

…that was a breach of ethics - as those inquiries were “official actions” committed for the “benefit” of her “sibling”.

Todd’s inquiries apparently count against Sarah as well, since she didn’t stop him from making them, bringing us back to the “inaction” part noted above.

That is the purported “Abuse of Power”.
==========================

But wait…. what’s this?…

Waaaayy down on page 79 - under the heading “The Second Recommendation”…

“The legislature should consider amending AS 39.25.080 to permit those who file complaints against peace officers to receive some feedback about the status and outcome of their complaint”

Hmmm….

So… this all got started because the AK state police had apparently ‘circular filed’ all of the sister’s complaints - and there was no legislative requirement to give the complaintant any information - so Sarah and Todd had to try to run it down for themselves…

…just to keep the department from doing whatever-the-hell-they-wanted?

(page 58 references an account of Wooten[asshat] having been slapped with a Restraining Order for harrassing and intimidating his ex-wife….which was lifted, when his supervisors intervened - looks like whatever-the-hell-they-want was the order of the day…)

Well - there we are.

Myself? If pursuing a do-nothing police agency over a do-nothing investigation of an asshat-scumbag-embarrassment of an officer is “Ethically Wrong”…

I don’t wanna be right (and like her better knowing she feels the same way)

Like the man says:

thatisall.

d_va
10-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Here's the PDF file....

http://media.adn.com/smedia/2008/10/10/16/Branchflowerreport.source.prod_affiliate.7.pdf

:D

LogansPapa
10-11-2008, 09:50 AM
This turd was too mushy to stay on my stick - so I left it where it was when it was announced.

The real point is that folks with even half a brain have seen her now - know what she is - a cute little cardboard cut out - and after McCain loses this election, will be able to go back home in time to make a snowman.

Non-issue. :rolleyes:

MrsSmith
10-11-2008, 09:59 AM
This turd was too mushy to stay on my stick - so I left it where it was when it was announced.

The real point is that folks with even half a brain have seen her now - know what she is - a cute little cardboard cut out - and after McCain loses this election, will be able to go back home in time to make a snowman with her litter.

Non-issue. :rolleyes:
Too bad she didn't murder them in utero, huh, LogansPapa. :rolleyes: Could you be any more bloodthirsty? At least she kills animals instead of human infants. :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
10-11-2008, 10:13 AM
The real point is that folks with even half a brain have seen her now - know what she is - a cute little cardboard cut out - and after McCain loses this election, will be able to go back home in time to make a snowman with her litter.

1. She does not have a "litter", she has a family, and you should apologise for that snide crack. Even for you, that was fucking offensive.:mad::mad:

2. Speaking as a man who wanted kids and was denied them for reasons beyond control, the fact she has five wonderful children and a loving husband, speaks volumes for who she is.

3. She was Mayor and Governor and is no ones "cut out", so that's also way wrong.

4. There are plenty of folks here with minds of their own, and virtually all of them disagree with you on that subject...so I'd then ask if you are now referring to everyone on this board as having less than "half a brain"?

That's a real nice hole you've dug for yourself.

5. It takes someone very special indeed to know they are carrying a Downs baby, carry it to term and have a family who will love that child..as that photo earlier shows, that family will see to it the child receives all the care in the world..and I am forcibly reminded of a day when I was called to Emergency to courier / escort a nurse.

She had a basket, and inside was a gorgeous baby, maybe three days old. We were to take it to Maternity ICU. Why?

It had been dumped on the doorstep with a note "I don't want a retard baby. You take it".

LP..we may disagree, but most of the time you put your points well, and argue well and cogently. I can respect that.

But that comment above does you no credit....uisng the word "litter" to describe a womans family is fucking disgusting.

RETRACT IT and apologise.

lacarnut
10-11-2008, 10:28 AM
1. She does not have a "litter", she has a family, and you should apologise for that snide crack. Even for you, that was fucking offensive.:mad::mad:

Could be that he can not get a woman/wife and or have a family; even a Bow Wow won't have him.

If McCain loses, she will be the nominee in 012. LP & CW are full of it if they think this is her last rodeo in the Presidential arena. I believe that if she was at the top of the ticket she would slaughter the O.

Shannon
10-11-2008, 10:59 AM
1. She does not have a "litter", she has a family,

Thank you.:rolleyes:

MrsSmith
10-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Back to the OP...

From CNN, no less (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/08/todd.palin.subpoena/)

Upon the dismissal, Monegan was offered a position as executive director of the Alcohol Beverage and Control Board, but turned it down.

Palin said his wife was unhappy with Monegan because of "budget issues and failure to fill trooper vacancies."

"Walt Monegan was, to the best of my knowledge, not terminated," Palin said. "He was offered a reassignment, and he resigned rather than accept the reassignment."

:eek:

:D

Teetop
10-11-2008, 11:15 AM
So much for eyeshit's "October Surprise". Try Cracker Jacks, eyeshit....

LibraryLady
10-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Monegan and Wooten are such up-standing people:

Monegan

Monegan had his own share of domestic troubles - some of them spilling all the way down to the Bay Area.

In October 1994, Monegan's estranged wife, who had moved from Alaska to the Peninsula with the couple's two daughters after more than 10 years of marriage, sought a temporary restraining order against him - accusing Monegan of threatening to kill her, waving a gun at her and dislocating her shoulder, according to her declaration on file in Santa Clara County Superior Court.

In an interview last week, Georgene Moldovan said Monegan had threatened several times to throw her body in an Alaska river.

Moldovan was an emergency room doctor and professor at Stanford and shuttled back and forth from Alaska to the Peninsula the last seven years of their marriage. Monegan asked her for a divorce in 1993, but snapped when he learned he might lose the couple's house, she says.

One day in April 1993, she said in her court filing, "he pulled out his gun and waved it at me outside my home and yelled he would kill me if I stopped him."

Wooten

Wooten recently gave his union permission to release the entire investigative file, all 482 pages and hours of recorded interviews.

"The record clearly indicates a serious and concentrated pattern of unacceptable and at times, illegal activity occurring over a lengthy period, which establishes a course of conduct totally at odds with the ethics of our profession," Col. Julia Grimes, then head of Alaska State Troopers

Troopers eventually investigated 13 issues and found four in which Wooten violated policy or broke the law or both:

• Wooten used a Taser on his stepson.

• He illegally shot a moose.

• He drank beer in his patrol car on one occasion.

• He told others his father-in-law would "eat a f'ing lead bullet" if he helped his daughter get an attorney for the divorce.

Those incidents included: a reprimand in January 2004 for negligent damage to a state vehicle; a January 2005 instruction after being accused of speeding, unsafe lane changes, following too closely and not using turn signals in his state vehicle; a June 2005 instruction regarding personal cell phone calls; an October 2005 suspension from work after getting a speeding ticket; and a November 2005 memo "to clarify duty hours, tardiness and personal business during duty time."

3rd-try
10-11-2008, 11:23 AM

The US attorneys....
Are you talking about the 8 Bush replaced that prompted an uproar that still reverberates?
or the 93 Clinton replaced without drowning out the crickets?

LogansPapa
10-11-2008, 11:46 AM
LP..we may disagree, but most of the time you put your points well, and argue well and cogently. I can respect that.

But that comment above does you no credit....uisng the word "litter" to describe a womans family is fucking disgusting.

Retracted. Sorry, Sir. :o

Sonnabend
10-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Accepted.

And thank you.

Nubs
10-11-2008, 11:55 AM
"Proper and Lawful" - so where's the problem blinky?

megimoo
10-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Suck it up yo boy.Keep looking ButPlug you may find where she spoke harshly to some old lady waitress asking for more coffee and not saying pretty please.

3rd-try
10-11-2008, 12:48 PM
I'd still like eyelids to clarify for me which US attorney scandle he's referencing. You know, being fair minded and oh so open minded and all.....

Nubs
10-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Blinky is referring the few, 6 or 7, politically appointed US attorneys that were let go by the Bush Admin during his 1st term. As a point of perspective, Clinton let go all 96 US attorneys at the start of his tenure. Another case of "Do as I say, not as I do".

Blinks needs to understand the meaning of "at-will" employment. It means that at any time you may leave a job or you may be fired from a job at any time, as long as no laws are violated.

So Blinks, if you happen to ever get a job, that is not covered by a CBA, you can quit or be fired at any time for no reason at all. If the management above you changes and feel you are not a fit, your out the door. If your boss invites you out for lunch on Friday, be very concerned.

megimoo
10-11-2008, 01:08 PM
'Troopergate' Panel: Palin's Actions 'Lawful'

Report Finds Possible Ethics Violation, But Maintains Legality Of Governor's Actions

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) ― The chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday that Governor Sarah Palin broke no laws when she tried to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper. The inquiry looked into her dismissal of Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan, who said he lost his job because he resisted pressure to fire trooper Mike Wooten. However, Palin says Monegan was fired as part of a legitimate budget dispute, and the panel said his firing was lawful.

Investigator Stephen Branchflower, in a report to a bipartisan panel that looked into the matter, said, "I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads."

"I feel vindicated," Monegan said. "It sounds like they've validated my belief and opinions. And that tells me I'm not totally out in left field."

Branchflower said Palin violated a statute of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act.

Lawmakers don't have the authority to sanction her for such a violation, and they gave no indication they would take any action against her.

Palin attorney Thomas Van Flein disagreed with Branchflower's conclusions. "In order to violate the ethics law, there has to be some personal gain, usually financial. Mr. Branchflower has failed to identify any financial gain," he said.

Under Alaska law, it is up to the state's Personnel Board — which is conducting its own investigation into the matter — to decide whether Palin violated state law and, if so, must refer it to the Senate president for disciplinary action. Violations also carry a possible fine of up to $5,000.

"I think there are some problems in this report," said Republican state Sen. Gary Stevens, a member of the panel. "I would encourage people to be very cautious, to look at this with a jaundiced eye."

The report was made public the same day an Anchorage judge issued a temporary restraining order forcing the state of Alaska to preserve any government-related e-mails that Palin and top aides sent from private accounts in what critics contend was an effort to conceal that they were doing political business while working at state government jobs.

The state paid Branchflower, a retired state prosecutor, $100,000 to prepare the nearly 300-page report. He interviewed or accepted affidavits from about two dozen people in the eight-week investigation.

"Legislative Council seriously overreached, making a tortured argument to find fault without basis in law or fact," McCain campaign spokesman Meg Stapleton said.

The Legislature could vote next year to censure Palin, but committee members appeared divided over the report and Democratic state Sen. Kim Elton, the committee's chairman, gave no indication that would happen.

Stapleton also dismissed the report as "a partisan-led inquiry run by Obama supporters." The inquiry has been dogged by such criticism since Democrat Hollis French, who oversaw the investigation, predicted an "October surprise" for the McCain campaign.

http://wcbstv.com/politics/sarah.palin.alaska.2.837952.html

LogansPapa
10-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Meh. She too cute to prosecute.

Hey, that rhymes - where's Johnnie Cochran? Oh, wait........

3rd-try
10-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Blinky is referring the few, 6 or 7, politically appointed US attorneys that were let go by the Bush Admin during his 1st term. As a point of perspective, Clinton let go all 96 US attorneys at the start of his tenure. Another case of "Do as I say, not as I do".

Blinks needs to understand the meaning of "at-will" employment. It means that at any time you may leave a job or you may be fired from a job at any time, as long as no laws are violated.

So Blinks, if you happen to ever get a job, that is not covered by a CBA, you can quit or be fired at any time for no reason at all. If the management above you changes and feel you are not a fit, your out the door. If your boss invites you out for lunch on Friday, be very concerned.

Nubs, I kinda figured it was another Bushie gottcha attempt. Just want to hear how a small firing is blasted to hell and back when the exact same, only X10 isn't, and never was news. I didn't much expect a direct reply. I just wanted him to have to admit it if only to himself.

BTW, it's confusing as hell. I remember when Blinky was a thought to be female. now, a guy. When did this change take place. It sounds painful.

jinxmchue
10-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Lucy yanked the football away yet again. Poor liberals. Poor, dumb liberals. Poor, dumb, scum-sucking liberals.

MrsSmith
10-11-2008, 01:28 PM
No point in trying to prosecute someone who has done nothing wrong. They'll just count on the misleading headlines to sway some voters.

jinxmchue
10-11-2008, 02:20 PM
No point in trying to prosecute someone who has done nothing wrong. They'll just count on the misleading headlines to sway some voters.

Sadly, some voters will be swayed. Those of us with brains, however, won't be.

Zathras
10-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Sadly, some voters will be swayed. Those of us with brains, however, won't be.

And those without brains will vote for the Obaahmessiah.

Emeraldsun
10-11-2008, 05:22 PM
McCain* Palin 08!!!!

I still have yet to hear any information on John McCain or Sarah Palin that links either of them to Domestic Terrorism!! Or any terrorism for that matter!

Wake Up America!! Its common sense! We are all ready for a change. BUT, is Barack Husein really the one you want for change?!!?

Come On! Its common sense!

Kristin
10-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Here's the thing that caught my eye when I was reading the stories: They all said she did something wrong, but she was within her right to let the guy go and there was no punishment or corrective action and the legislature said they would like persue this further. Does that make any sense to you? Sounds a bit political to me because they don't have a case to do anything about their report. They just wanted to make her look bad.

cat714
10-12-2008, 01:59 PM

You hit it right on the head. That's exactly what these Obama puppets want to do.

And those without brains will vote for the Obaahmessiah.

You ask most Obama supporters why they are going to vote for him and you'll get the "deer in the headlights" look.

crockspot
10-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Didn't this state trooper say in an interview some time ago that he deserved to be fired?