PDA

View Full Version : Sudan death row woman Meriam Ibrahim 'detained'

FlaGator
06-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Meriam and her whole family have been detained by representatives of the religion of Satan.

A Sudanese woman freed from death row on Monday has been detained with her family at Khartoum airport, sources have told the BBC.Meriam Ibrahim was sentenced to hang in May for renouncing Islam, sparking widespread outrage at home and abroad.
About 40 security agents detained Mrs Ibrahim - along with her husband, Daniel Wani and two children - at the airport, the sources said.
On Monday, Mr Wani said the family intended to leave for the US.
Mrs Ibrahim was released from prison after an appeal court annulled the death sentence imposed on her.

Once again Muslims decide to show the world just how truly evil and under the thumb of Satan they are.

Whole story here (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27998881)

ABC
06-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Meriam and her whole family have been detained by representatives of the religion of Satan.

Once again Muslims decide to show the world just how truly evil and under the thumb of Satan they are.

Whole story here (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27998881)

I don't hold out much hope for her or her family. The word "evil" doesn't even begin to describe what type of people these monsters are!

Abdullahi Alzareg from the ministry of foreign affairs told the BBC's Newshour programme that Mrs Ibrahim had been arrested because she did not have the correct travel documents.

Although she is Sudanese, she was using emergency South Sudanese papers with a US visa, he said.

One of Mrs Ibrahim's lawyers, el-Shareef Ali, told the BBC that her legal team is being denied access to her.

Sudan has a majority Muslim population, and Islamic law has been in force there since the 1980s.

I have tried in the past praying for God to change the hearts of certain people, mainly Mr. O's ... but now I can't help but prefer to just go with the hatred, I really feel.

Lanie
06-24-2014, 01:33 PM
They're just determined to kill her.

FlaGator
06-24-2014, 02:13 PM
I don't hold out much hope for her or her family. The word "evil" doesn't even begin to describe what type of people these monsters are!

I have tried in the past praying for God to change the hearts of certain people, mainly Mr. O's ... but now I can't help but prefer to just go with the hatred, I really feel.

Do not hate as much as the temptation beckons. Keep praying for these people that God will free them from the evil that directs them. I to want to hate them but instead I try to hate what they do and ask God that His will be done. God will not let the guilty go unpunished.

ABC
06-24-2014, 02:22 PM
They're just determined to kill her.

I think that being born of a Muslim father, as she was ... makes her of the Muslim faith as well.

That, and the fact that she was sentenced to be hanged for renouncing Islam and marrying a Christian man ...

Pretty well guarantees that she will be killed! Apostasy is punishable by death under Sharia Law.

ABC
06-24-2014, 02:52 PM
God will not let the guilty go unpunished.

I do know that, FlaGator.

But this particular subject, in fact everything about Sharia Law, brings out the worst in me!

Guess I have been reading too many books, and learning as much as I can about Islam, the Crusades ...

And the wonderful "Religion of Peace." :sarcasm:

Gotta run, thanks for coming in.

Lanie
06-24-2014, 02:59 PM
I think that being born of a Muslim father, as she was ... makes her of the Muslim faith as well.

That, and the fact that she was sentenced to be hanged for renouncing Islam and marrying a Christian man ...

Pretty well guarantees that she will be killed! Apostasy is punishable by death under Sharia Law.

Months ago, somebody tried to convince me that they'd lie for their goals and that it was considered okay in their faith. I wasn't going for that, but now I don't know.

txradioguy
06-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Months ago, somebody tried to convince me that they'd lie for their goals and that it was considered okay in their faith. I wasn't going for that, but now I don't know.

It's true. Ody and I have provided you the sections of the Quran where followers are told it's ok.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

JohnnyJeb
06-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Months ago, somebody tried to convince me that they'd lie for their goals and that it was considered okay in their faith. I wasn't going for that, but now I don't know.Lie, cheat, steal, murder, rape, enslavement, kidnapping, extortion....it's all OK in Islam.

Islam....the religion of criminals.

Lanie
06-24-2014, 04:14 PM
It's true. Ody and I have provided you the sections of the Quran where followers are told it's ok.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

I'm used to my religion.

You don't lie.

Me: But what about hurt feelings?

No.

Me: What about to save somebody's life?

No. God will handle it. (Disclaimer: Not necessarily going to take that advice).

I don't get it. I really don't.

noonwitch
06-24-2014, 04:29 PM

That's pretty much how I saw it presented-that having a Muslim father automatically makes her a Muslim under a strict interpretation of Sharia Law.

I don't know if they will kill she and her family or not. If they could get to South Sudan, they would have a much better chance of finding safety.

FlaGator
06-24-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm used to my religion.

You don't lie.

Me: But what about hurt feelings?

No.

Me: What about to save somebody's life?

No. God will handle it. (Disclaimer: Not necessarily going to take that advice).

I don't get it. I really don't.

I think that Lord is OK with us being tactful and not saying something to spare someone's feelings unless the person in question would be better served knowing the truth. That is a call you have to make based on what your conscience tells you.

As for out and out lying, as a rule one shouldn't lie (You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor). You shouldn't lie if you stand to gain something from the lie. However, there are cases where God understands the necessity of a lie. For example
Exodus 1:15-21

The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah, "When you help the Hebrew women in childbirth and observe them on the delivery stool, if it is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live."
The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live.
Then the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them, "Why have you done this? Why have you let the boys live?"
The midwives answered Pharaoh, "Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive."
So God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous.
And because the midwives feared God, he gave them families of their own.

The lie was to protect the life of the male Hebrew children whose only crime was to be born in Egypt. In this case the lie put the lives of the midwives at risk in order to achieve good.

I read the Bible constantly because I tend to find the answers I need to the questions I have about doing what is right. I have learned not to trust my gut reactions to things because what I feel is right might not be right in God's eyes.

thundley4
06-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Greta van Sustern is saying that they have been freed again.

ABC
06-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Hey guys ...

I always have kitchen tv on while cooking, and just heard Greta say that she was being released again!

Hope I heard that right!!!

Gotta go for sure this time ... the man is starving!

Lanie
06-24-2014, 08:41 PM
I think that Lord is OK with us being tactful and not saying something to spare someone's feelings unless the person in question would be better served knowing the truth. That is a call you have to make based on what your conscience tells you.

As for out and out lying, as a rule one shouldn't lie (You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor). You shouldn't lie if you stand to gain something from the lie. However, there are cases where God understands the necessity of a lie. For example
Exodus 1:15-21

The lie was to protect the life of the male Hebrew children whose only crime was to be born in Egypt. In this case the lie put the lives of the midwives at risk in order to achieve good.

I read the Bible constantly because I tend to find the answers I need to the questions I have about doing what is right. I have learned not to trust my gut reactions to things because what I feel is right might not be right in God's eyes.

I don't see anything wrong with withholding information. I don't have to tell somebody what I think of their hair, but what if the girl asks? I usually try to find a way around it.

I was always taught in church that you don't lie, period. Notice that in those areas, the bible doesn't say that God condones the lie. Of course, the ten commandments only say not to commit false testimony against our neighbor. Huge difference between that and a lie to save somebody's life.

It is good to get in the habit of always telling the truth though because it makes things easier whenever one is truly tempted to lie to save their own skin. Telling the truth becomes first instinct.

Hey guys ...

I always have kitchen tv on while cooking, and just heard Greta say that she was being released again!

Hope I heard that right!!!

Gotta go for sure this time ... the man is starving!

I hope you're right. Tell Mr. ABC to make *you* a sammich.

Retread
06-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Meriam Ibrahim and her American husband and children have reportedly taken refuge in the U.S. Embassy in Sudan.

Meriam, who was sentenced to flogging and death for her Christian faith, is finally out of Sudanese custody after Sudan's secret police snatched them from the arms of American diplomats, an episode that humiliated the Obama State Department and placed her and her American family in grave danger.

ACLJ Newsletter

SVPete
06-28-2014, 02:36 PM
A word and a number: Iran; 1979.

The government of Sudan carried out a 2 or 3 decade genocide against the people of what is now South Sudan. Does anyone really believe they will respect the fact that the US Embassy is US territory, if they think they can get her?

The danger to her starts to decrease when she is on US soil in North America. But she will have a price on her head, because some Muslims will hate the idea that a Christian woman escaped their clutches.

SaintLouieWoman
06-28-2014, 05:52 PM
A word and a number: Iran; 1979.

The government of Sudan carried out a 2 or 3 decade genocide against the people of what is now South Sudan. Does anyone really believe they will respect the fact that the US Embassy is US territory, if they think they can get her?

The danger to her starts to decrease when she is on US soil in North America. But she will have a price on her head, because some Muslims will hate the idea that a Christian woman escaped their clutches.

Something else to remember---Benghazi. They didn't seem to respect the embassy there nor the ambassador. I doubt if they're quaking in fear of retribution from the Annointed One. Here's hoping they get out of there and safely to the US before everyone in the embassy gets taken down.

And they had best not reveal her location in the US once they get there.