PDA

View Full Version : Palin Is Princess Diana's Cousin!

Goldwater
10-11-2008, 11:21 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1073249/Sarah-Palin-Princess-Diana-cousins-genealogists-reveal.html

Sarah Palin is related to Princess Diana, experts have revealed.

John McCain’s White House race running mate is a 10th cousin of Princes Harry and William’s late mother, according to genealogists.

And in another bizarre twist it emerged that the Republican governor of Alaska is also related to Democrat hero President Franklin D Roosevelt.

Also related to FDR. :confused:

megimoo
10-11-2008, 11:38 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1073249/Sarah-Palin-Princess-Diana-cousins-genealogists-reveal.html

Also related to FDR. :confused:Any chance that you and Herbert Hoover are related ?

Gingersnap
10-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Every election cycle they come out with this stuff. Who really cares? How can it possibly relevant that any American is related (however closely) to any European blue blood? Didn't we fight two wars to dump the whole monarchy thing? :confused:

LibraryLady
10-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Who cares? after all, Obama is related to Brad Pitt!!! (DU mode)

Goldwater
10-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I didn't say it was a bad thing, I thought it was interesting, thats all. Wow, touchy. :D

Actually, he is related to Cheney, not Pitt. ;)

jinxmchue
10-11-2008, 12:40 PM

And TiT has spent evenings with them both! :D

noonwitch
10-13-2008, 08:55 AM
I know, I panicked for a minute out of fear that she was related to me, as I share a descendant with FDR (Richard Warren, Mayflower passenger). Her ancestor in common with FDR was a different guy, from a couple of generations later.

My sister, who is far more liberal than I am, would have been devastated had the connection been there. She was disappointed that our Roosevelt connection was to FDR and not to Eleanor.

linda22003
10-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Not sure how much these distant connections matter. My husband is a second cousin of some sort to David O. Selznick, and he doesn't get any residuals from "Gone With the Wind".

noonwitch
10-13-2008, 01:23 PM
Not sure how much these distant connections matter. My husband is a second cousin of some sort to David O. Selznick, and he doesn't get any residuals from "Gone With the Wind".

Your hubby just hasn't found the right lawyer yet.

Gingersnap
10-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Because of the LDS connection, a certain segment of my family has always been obsessed with these coincidental connections. I still don't get it.

For every favorable famous relation, there are dozens of unfavorable, non-famous relations.

I can't see taking pride in distant genetic relationship nor in feeling shame over the same thing. Either way, the ancestor in question would be horrified to find that he or she was related to someone like me living in the culture that I live in every day. Far from feeling pride, I've always assumed that those ancestors would be shocked and deeply saddened to see their heritage and values become the stuff of contemporary mockery. :(

Cold Warrior
10-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, hopefully she won't go to bed with any damned prominent Muslims like Di did! :eek: :D