PDA

View Full Version : Cleburne hunter shocked by notoriety

Retread
07-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Local coverage (http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/local/x1736696715/Cleburne-hunter-shocked-by-notoriety?zc_p=0)

Cleburne resident Kendall Jones on Thursday said she remains shocked by the worldwide attention focused on her and her recent hunting safari in Africa.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals meanwhile voiced opposition to Jones’ claims that hunting aids conservation efforts.

“[Wednesday] #kendalljones was the No. 4 trending hashtag in the United States,” Jones said. “I knew that I would have my fans and those that did not agree with hunting, but I had no idea that it would gather the media attention that it has gathered. It has definitely made me aware of what online bullying is.”

Kendall, 19, through pictures and posts, chronicled her recent African adventure. Numerous pictures show Kendall posed with wildlife she shot or tagged while others show her displaying firearms or crossbows.

Her page, www.facebook.com/Kendalltakeswild, exploded with comments running the gamut from support to disgust.

Lanie
07-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Anybody who does online bullying (if threatening or harassment) should go to jail. There's no call in that.

But honestly, I did find her pictures to be distasteful. Beautiful animals actually hunted down by her.

Retread
07-03-2014, 07:06 PM
And that is her business. Would a middle-aged black man get the same treatment?

Wibbins
07-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Anybody who does online bullying (if threatening or harassment) should go to jail. There's no call in that.

But honestly, I did find her pictures to be distasteful. Beautiful animals actually hunted down by her.

Ya, and I bet the villagers are happy she did it because they had meat and money from her.

thundley4
07-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Most of those people attacking her for sport hunting most likely support a woman's "right" to kill and innocent unborn child.