PDA

View Full Version : Senate Democrats Propose Law to Force Christians to Pay for Abortion Drugs

Elspeth
07-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Don't know how far they'll be able to get with this.

Senate Democrats Propose Law to Force Christians to Pay for Abortion Drugs

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/senate-democrats-propose-law-force-christians-pay-abortion-drugs_796299.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

On Wednesday, Senate Democrats introduced a bill that would force Christians and other conscientious objectors to pay for drugs and devices, including the "week-after" pill, that may kill human embryos.

The new bill was drafted in response to Supreme Court's ruling last week that Obamacare's so-called contraceptive mandate as applied to family-owned religious businesses was a violation of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. The Democrats' legislation would strip away the religious freedom law's protections for Americans who provide health benefits to their employees.

The text of the bill states that an employer-sponsored health insurance plan shall not exclude coverage of any item or service "where the coverage of such item or service is required under any provision of Federal law or the regulations promulgated thereunder" and that the new law would "apply notwithstanding any other provision of Federal law, including Public Law 103141 [the Religious Freedom Restoration Act]."

By requiring religious Americans to be subjected to all federal health benefits mandates, the bill would open the door for the government to force conscientious objectors to pay for elective surgical abortions, assisted-suicide, or sex-change operations if the Department of Health and Human Services issues such regulations in the future.

Dlr Pyro
07-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Of course they would never consider passing a law that forces Muslims to pay for bacon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Lanie
07-09-2014, 06:55 PM
They'll have to make it an amendment if they don't want SCOTUS shooting it down.

Rockntractor
07-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Of course they would never consider passing a law that forces Muslims to pay for bacon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Everyone must pay for bacon, it isn't a right and it's not free.

Adam Wood
07-10-2014, 01:23 AM
They'll have to make it an amendment if they don't want SCOTUS shooting it down.
Pretty much.

But this is all peacock plumage anyway. Harry already knows that this is going nowhere, but it lets him tell his donor base outside of Nevada that he's "doing something."

Adam Wood
07-10-2014, 01:24 AM
Everyone must pay for bacon, it isn't a right and it's not free.I might be OK with a mandate that says that the government provides me, say, half a pound of bacon per day.

Just sayin'

Either you love bacon or you're wrong.