PDA

View Full Version : Tripoli Airport Under Siege

Apocalypse
07-14-2014, 11:37 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10487233_578961532225559_1870482064886309713_n.jpg

Shelling of Tripoli airport destroys 90 percent of planes there - Libya government

A shelling of Tripoli airport has destroyed 90 percent of the planes parked there, government spokesman Ahmed Lamine said on Tuesday.

"The government has studied the possibility to bring international forces to enhance security," he told reporters.

Libyan government and army call for ceasefire in Tripoli

The Libyan government and army have called for an immediate ceasefire around Tripoli Airport in the south of the capital, Anadolu news agency reported on Sunday.

Libya's Ministry of Health reported that nine Libyans were killed and 30 wounded on Sunday as factions loyal to the army and militia groups traded fire near the airport.

Security sources said that the pro-army Libya Shield forces succeeded in taking over all the military bases and the international airport after the withdrawal of the militias.

In a news brief, Anadolu quoted the spokesperson of the Libyan government, Ahmed Al-Amin, as saying: "We are calling for all sides to immediately and unconditionally stop fighting." He placed the moral responsibility for the bloodshed on the militias.

Looks like it's getting serious in Libya.

Apocalypse
07-14-2014, 11:39 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Every single airport in Libya is closed and the United Nations is "temporarily" evacuating the nation as clashes intensified.

SVPete
07-14-2014, 11:59 PM
That Libya has been heading toward this sort of crisis was news to me up till seeing this thread.

I hate saying it, because it sounds so partisanly opportunistic, but when will US Presidents - IIRC, entirely of the D persuasion, to this point - figure out that deposing a mini-monster like Qaddafi Duck or Somoza or the Shah with a power vacuum following is an open field into which a far worse monster will rush?!

SaintLouieWoman
07-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Hope the US doesn't have any other personnel over there after Benghazi. I guess O will ignore this one, too.

Apocalypse
07-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Hope the US doesn't have any other personnel over there after Benghazi. I guess O will ignore this one, too.
I hope Hillary is there.

After all, What difference does it make?

SaintLouieWoman
07-15-2014, 12:46 AM
I hope Hillary is there.

After all, What difference does it make?

Good one. At least there's a dark humor in what's going on.

BTW, check out the thread I started on Bob Beckel in GD. It's so funny that the dems and libs are turning on Beckel, Mr Dem Big Shot lib. looks like Fox didn't give in to the demands to fire him. I guess those libs live by the sword and die by the sword.

Saw Beckel on the Five today. He looked sort of contrite, but probably not enough for those uptight Dems with that proverbial rod up their rear. :biggrin-new:

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 04:55 AM
Good one. At least there's a dark humor in what's going on.

BTW, check out the thread I started on Bob Beckel in GD. It's so funny that the dems and libs are turning on Beckel, Mr Dem Big Shot lib. looks like Fox didn't give in to the demands to fire him. I guess those libs live by the sword and die by the sword.

Saw Beckel on the Five today. He looked sort of contrite, but probably not enough for those uptight Dems with that proverbial rod up their rear. :biggrin-new:

Once a liberal does not agree 100% with the liberal mob, they have people demanding they are fired! I think Beckel does a good job on that show. I'm glad he did not get fired. You can tell he is friends in real life with several of the co-hosts.

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 05:03 AM
Shelling of Tripoli airport destroys 90 percent of planes there - Libya government

Wow. I think now would be a good time for our President to take a vacation.

SarasotaRepub
07-15-2014, 09:19 AM
On the plus side, super cheap one way flights are now available!!! :thumbsup:

SVPete
07-15-2014, 09:35 AM
Once a liberal does not agree 100% with the liberal mob, they have people demanding they are fired! I think Beckel does a good job on that show. I'm glad he did not get fired. You can tell he is friends in real life with several of the co-hosts.

One of the weird aspects of political animals is that they are as or less tolerant of people who deviate a little from their party line as they are of their polar opposites. Hence Stalin and Trotsky, or Stalin and Hitler: they were not polar opposites; they of similar but not lock-step identical views.