PDA

View Full Version : Communities Push Back Against Housing Child Immigrants

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 04:50 AM
As the federal government seeks to provide temporary shelter for the tens of thousands of illegal Central American children that have flooded over the southern United States border, local communities are pushing back.

According to The Wall Street Journal, administration officials are trying to work with governors to open temporary housing facilities, and subsequently identify and place the children with family sponsors until deportation cases are processed, a requirement of the current law.

"Governors and mayors have the right to know when the federal government is transporting a large group of individuals, in this case illegal immigrants, into your state," Nebraska GOP Gov. Dave Heineman, told the Journal.

He said he is concerned federal officials are refusing to give details about whether there are plans to send children to public schools or expound on the potential costs to taxpayers.

CLICK HERE WORTH READING (http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/immigration-children-housing-Central-America/2014/07/14/id/582438#ixzz37WNb58QH)

SarasotaRepub
07-15-2014, 09:44 AM
The LibTard Left is trying to paint Conservatives and especially
Christians, as hypocrites in not letting these people in. Try again assholes.

According to the latest Lefty propaganda, these people are "Refugees". Bullshit.
They are illegals and I don't care how many pics the press shows of widdle sad
faces, they should NOT be let in. And how many of those widdle innocents are
gang scum?? Oops, can't talk about that!! Why don't they stay in
Mexico??? If such an influx of worthy people is passing right thru their
country, why isn't the Mex Govt. scooping up these people?? Move along...

Last I heard there aren't enough good jobs in this country for citizens. The
Left is screeching that everyday!

So why is the Left so hot to trot to get these people in? Do they have jobs
here? Housing? Relatives? Why aren't Pelosi and Reed down at
da Border taking a few dozen in???

noonwitch
07-15-2014, 10:15 AM
They are talking about putting some of the kids in a place in Michigan, somewhere in which I've had kids placed in the past. It's a nice place, in the middle of nowhere-some of the units are for foster kids and some for delinquents, so there is good security. They treat the kids well there. Although our kids hate it there, I would guess that kids coming from a 3rd world hellhole would think it's paradise.

I don't have a major problem with it, but I have 2 potential problems with it, the first being funding-payment shouldn't come from our state foster care system, and ICE should provide caseworkers and all that unless the feds are going to fund the states to do it, and every kid needs to be screened for TB before being brought into a community. My sister currently isn't on Humara, but people who are on medications like that for arthritis, Crohn's/IBS, cancer, or whatever are particularly vulnerable to TB infection. It's enough of an issue that the ads for Humara state it as a potential side effect.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 11:13 AM
The LibTard Left is trying to paint Conservatives and especially
Christians, as hypocrites in not letting these people in. Try again assholes.

According to the latest Lefty propaganda, these people are "Refugees". Bullshit.
They are illegals and I don't care how many pics the press shows of widdle sad
faces, they should NOT be let in. And how many of those widdle innocents are
gang scum?? Oops, can't talk about that!! Why don't they stay in
Mexico??? If such an influx of worthy people is passing right thru their
country, why isn't the Mex Govt. scooping up these people?? Move along...

Last I heard there aren't enough good jobs in this country for citizens. The
Left is screeching that everyday!

So why is the Left so hot to trot to get these people in? Do they have jobs
here? Housing? Relatives? Why aren't Pelosi and Reed down at
da Border taking a few dozen in???

How many of them are running from gang scum? Oops! I noticed hardly anybody responded to my thread about that a few days back. It's inconveeeeeeeenient.

We're going to talk about pro-life values, saving the lives of the unborn kids. What about the born kids trying not to be killed? It's like they can go screw themselves. Meanwhile, one of those countries (Honduras?) is asking for the same aid we gave others in regards to fighting drug lords because of all the violence that people are fleeing. You don't know what it's like. You're comfortable in Florida.

I'm not saying we should just let them all in. I think we should access the situation to find out exactly what's going on (which requires our sorry President visiting the border) and COME TOGETHER (not fight each other) for solutions. The solution is NOT assuming that they had no good reason to flee by the thousands and send them back to their possible executions. So YES, it is hypocritical.

Stuff like this is what makes me and others think twice about voting Republican. Now, don't worry. Americans don't give a crap about anybody but themselves, so you don't have to worry about losing this year's election for that, but when they see their own people suffering due to supposed campaigns to force people to take responsibility or tax cuts for corporations that DON'T result in new jobs, you'll bet your ass you'll lose the election. As people can tell, my resolve is being tested lately. Something happened in real life and I'm very upset about it. NC politics. We shouldn't be FORCED by the Republican and the Democrat party to choose between born people or unborn people dying, but that's EXACTLY how I've felt the past few elections and how I felt when I first started voting a year or two before I became a raging liberal.

Both of these parties suck.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 11:29 AM
This should make some people a little happier.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/14/forty-illegal-immigrants-returned-to-honduras-amid-massive-influx/?intcmp=latestnews

Although I think it goes right up there with leaving Iraqis and going home. (Obama's fault, nobody else's on that one).

Elspeth
07-15-2014, 11:50 AM
How many of them are running from gang scum? Oops! I noticed hardly anybody responded to my thread about that a few days back. It's inconveeeeeeeenient.

No one responds to you because you don't think, you feel. Your feelings are completely unimportant on any political matter.

The actual facts on these migrants are hard to come by. The current propaganda (NPR, The Guardian, WaPo, etc.) is that these are all poor victims of the drug wars in Central America and we must take them in. However, other outlets (like Fox) have pointed out that some of these migrants are actually gang members themselves.

As a longtime Southern California resident, I know that one way drug cartels do expand in the US is through illegal immigration. Compton is going through hell right now thanks to the influx of Mexican drug cartels. They don't get in legally, but they get in and they wreak havoc on American cities.

No matter who these migrants are, they need to be processed--not just thrown into American cities with their drug connections and/or illnesses intact. Those with drug connections need to be immediately deported. Those with illnesses need to be quarantined, and probably all of the innocents among the group need to be vaccinated and quarantined as well.

We also need many more facts than we are getting. Cities have a right to demand these facts before they import known drug cartel associates and gang members. They also have a right to demand that these children not be the result of human trafficking, another way that drug cartels make money.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 11:54 AM
No one responds to you because you don't think, you feel. Your feelings are completely unimportant on any political matter.

The actual facts on these migrants are hard to come by. The current propaganda (NPR, The Guardian, WaPo, etc.) is that these are all poor victims of the drug wars in Central America and we must take them in. However, other outlets (like Fox) have pointed out that some of these migrants are actually gang members themselves.

As a longtime Southern California resident, I know that one way drug cartels do expand in the US is through illegal immigration. Compton is going through hell right now thanks to the influx of Mexican drug cartels. They don't get in legally, but they get in and they wreak havoc on American cities.

No matter who these migrants are, they need to be processed--not just thrown into American cities with their drug connections and/or illnesses intact. Those with drug connections need to be immediately deported. Those with illnesses need to be quarantined, and probably all of the innocents among the group need to be vaccinated and quarantined as well.

We also need many more facts than we are getting. Cities have a right to demand these facts before they import known drug cartel associates and gang members. They also have a right to demand that these children not be the result of human trafficking, another way that drug cartels make money.

Well, since you're so full of facts, show the facts that prove most of these thousands of illegals are gang affiliated and not running. We can prove that Honduras if full of violence. Can you prove most of those running from it are gangs in disguise? I'm sure some are, but not necessarily most of them.

Oh, and you might want to check up on the vaccination process in those countries before making comments about diseases. Guatemala has universal healthcare. In theory, all these kids should be vaccinated (not that it should be assumed).

Lanie
07-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Oh, and a little fact check about the disease issue.

http://www.texasobserver.org/disease-threat-immigrant-children-wildly-overstated/

Consider, for example, Guatemala. According to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), Guatemalan kids are more likely than Texans to be immunized for most infectious diseases. Guatemala has universal health care. Vaccines are 100 percent funded by the government.
By comparison, one in six kids in Texas is uninsured, and even insured families often must pay for vaccination. That means that many Texas kids fall behind on vaccinations, or miss them altogether when their family can’t afford a doctor’s visit. Other families refuse vaccination.
Dr. Elizabeth Lee Vliet, a Fox News commentator and former director of the ultra-conservative political group Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, writes in the McAllen Monitor that measles is among the “diseases the United States had controlled or virtually eradicated” that are “carried across the border by this tsunami of illegals.”
Fact check: UNICEF reports that 93 percent of kids in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador are vaccinated against measles. That’s better than American kids (92 percent).

Lanie
07-15-2014, 12:04 PM
And for those who think only the liberal media says they have something to run from.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2014/05/25/in-violent-honduras-soccer-is-offering-young-boys-away-from-gangs-drugs-jail/

Maynor may not know the statistics — that a child his age is shot to death every four days in Honduras, and that the odds only get worse as you get older. But he knows that violent death is common, and that the corpses offer a glimpse of his future if he moves toward the gangs.

He goes to see the bodies, he says, "because you think that next time it could be you there."

Maynor's neighborhood is called Progreso, a name that mocks its dirt roads, open sewage canals and crowded houses. It is surrounded by gang territories and an iron fence its 100 families put up to keep out criminals.

Even so, children hide inside after dark.

Oh yeah, that's all my feelings.

txradioguy
07-15-2014, 12:14 PM

That's not a reason for them to get refugee status. And if you haven't noticed...MS13 has been using the open southern border to move their members into the U.S. not to mention traffic the kids that are coming up here.

We're going to talk about pro-life values, saving the lives of the unborn kids. What about the born kids trying not to be killed? It's like they can go screw themselves. Meanwhile, one of those countries (Honduras?) is asking for the same aid we gave others in regards to fighting drug lords because of all the violence that people are fleeing. You don't know what it's like. You're comfortable in Florida.

What about the parents that left their kids down there and came up here on their own? Why aren't we holding them responsible and reuniting them with their children...IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY?

YOU don't know what it's like either...don't wag your finger at us about those poor children while you sit all comfortable and safe and happy in the U.S. yourself.

If you don't like their plight...do something more than tsk tsk us...go down there and HELP them.

Drug violence has never been a reason to grant refugee or asylum status.

I'm not saying we should just let them all in.

And yet you just used every Liberal talking point in the book to justify letting ALL of them in.

:rolleyes:

Stuff like this is what makes me and others think twice about voting Republican. Now, don't worry. Americans don't give a crap about anybody but themselves, so you don't have to worry about losing this year's election for that, but when they see their own people suffering due to supposed campaigns to force people to take responsibility or tax cuts for corporations that DON'T result in new jobs, you'll bet your ass you'll lose the election. As people can tell, my resolve is being tested lately. Something happened in real life and I'm very upset about it. NC politics. We shouldn't be FORCED by the Republican and the Democrat party to choose between born people or unborn people dying, but that's EXACTLY how I've felt the past few elections and how I felt when I first started voting a year or two before I became a raging liberal.

And crap like this is why I'll never be suckered into your little "rays of hope" posts where you appear to be changing your mind about political parties.

You just wait until the time is right for another of your knee jerk "Republicans suck" posts like this.

What about communities being forced to take these diseased illegal aliens into their towns and their homes? If I remember correctly when this nation was founded one of the complaints and something that was worked into the founding documents was prevention of the Crown placing troops in peoples houses against their will. This is the exact same kind of thing..only now it's a clear violation of our Constitution.

What about the school districts that are going to be FORCED to accept this flood of illegal aliens into the school systems? Budgets are already thin and now here comes an influx of children equal to the population of Newark New Jersey!

What about the fact that only 50K of the estimated THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND illegals that have flooded the U.S. are children.

Go whine about the eeevil Republicans to the family of the little girl that was molested in Dallas by an illegal that had been deported FOUR TIMES already. I bet your moral equivalency of Republican tax policy to the current immigration situation falls on deaf ears.

We as Americans shouldn't be forced by this administration to live in fear of the increased crime disease and chaos that is the result of one political party attempting to skew the balance of voters in future elections by declaring our Southern border is open and unguarded.

And the American people shouldn't have to be forced to endure a President that refuses to do one of the few specific jobs he is obligated to do by the U.S. Constitution.

The same Liberals like yourself who sit there and say we should be the worlds policeman...we should be trying to fix other nations when we have so many problems here at home are the ones welcoming in an even bigger problem and trying to be the worlds dumping ground for other nations undesirables!

What's the monetary cost of this crap Lanie? We're broke as it is...your fellow Libtards already bitch and moan about how underfunded their precious social welfare programs are...how much more is this gonna cost...how much are YOUR taxes gonna go up to pay for it?

Both of these parties suck.

No Libtard open border policies and the politicians on both sides that support them suck.

The Conservative wing of the GOP...is trying to protect this country and the people in it.

Why do you hate your country so much?

Why do you hate those poor children that you claim to care about from these Central and South American countries and support policies that encourage them to be put in danger of sexual abuse...slavery and other horrors just to get here?

Why?

txradioguy
07-15-2014, 12:17 PM
And for those who think only the liberal media says they have something to run from.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2014/05/25/in-violent-honduras-soccer-is-offering-young-boys-away-from-gangs-drugs-jail/

Rupert Murdoch is a huge open borders RINO.

Your point?

Oh yeah, that's all my feelings.

And that right there is your effing problem. You base everythign off of emotion and feelings instead of reality.

txradioguy
07-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Well, since you're so full of facts, show the facts that prove most of these thousands of illegals are gang affiliated and not running. We can prove that Honduras if full of violence. Can you prove most of those running from it are gangs in disguise? I'm sure some are, but not necessarily most of them.

No one can prove anything because the people that could find these things out are being denied entry into the refugee camps.

The workers there are being made to sign non disclosure forms and face the fear of federal prosecution if they speak out.

All we're left with is Administration propaganda that you have not only swallowed hook line and sinker...but faithfully repeat for them.

Oh, and you might want to check up on the vaccination process in those countries before making comments about diseases. Guatemala has universal healthcare. In theory, all these kids should be vaccinated (not that it should be assumed).

And that somehow ensures these kids are actually vaccinated?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Here let me educate you on something:

HOUSTON, Texas--Early in July it was revealed that doctors and nurses were allegedly threatened with arrest if they disclosed any information about the diseases discovered in federal housing facilities for illegal immigrants. Many on the left have claimed that by speaking out about their work at the facilities, medical personnel would be violating the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), which "protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information." But Dr. Elizabeth Lee Vliet--an experienced physician and nationally recognized speaker--told Breitbart Texas that under the law nurses and doctors are free to speak out.

"It is not a violation of HIPAA for a doctor or nurse to speak out about a public health concern and not mention a patient's name," Vliet said. "Medical personnel should be free to be interviewed and speak about the kinds of diseases they are seeing and the frequency of them. This would serve the public good and safety--again, it is not a violation of HIPAA."

So far a slew of sicknesses have been brought into the U.S. by the recent tidal wave of illegal immigrants. Breitbart Texas recently reported on an outbreak of scabies in one housing facility for unaccompanied border minors--the infestation was contracted by numerous Border Patrol agents. Other additional illnesses have also been noted. "We are starting to see chickenpox, MRSA staph infections, we are starting to see different viruses," Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol agent Chris Cabrera told ABC 15.

At this point, it is somewhat unclear how or when the migrants are being checked for illnesses. Omar Zamora of the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector previously told Breitbart Texas, "We don't screen for diseases. All we are is a processing center, so we don't do that."

Most of the border minors are being kept in overcrowded facilities ridden with poor hygiene; according to Dr. Vliet, this is the ideal condition for a viral outbreak.

She said, "Many people are trying to diminish the seriousness of this. They say, 'We have these diseases in the U.S.' Well yes, we do, but they've been well controlled, we have good hygiene, and most of our parents keep children home when they're sick. ... It's a very real risk. It could get out of hand very quickly; but since these are common disease that people have heard of, the risk isn't necessarily taken seriously."

Vliet mentioned that chickenpox--one of the illnesses identified within the migrant population--can be deadly and has the potential to spread to the general public. She said, "Chickenpox is highly contagious. What's worse about that is that it's much more severe when adults get it--in older people, it can cause death. It's very serious."

In Vliet's view, nurses and doctors in facilities have the right to speak out about medical dangers--and they should, she said, in order to decrease the chance of illnesses being contracted by the general public.

It is apparent, however, that the federal government is attempting to hide certain aspects of the border crisis. In June Breitbart Texas reported that Border Patrol agents were threatened with criminal charges for speaking to the press. And one month earlier, in May, Immigration Customs and Enforcement (ICE) ordered agents not to speak to reporters regarding the 36,000 convicted criminal illegal immigrants that were released onto U.S. soil.

"We were given specific instructions not to comment on that report," Greg Palmore, a Texas-based ICE spokesman, told Breitbart Texas. He was referring to the report by the Center for Immigration Studies that outlined the criminals' release.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/06/Doctor-Speaks-Out-Against-Feds-Silencing-Medical-Staff-on-Border

Lanie
07-15-2014, 12:38 PM
Tx, that's a lot. You pulled one of my stunts of really long posts. I will get back to you later.

And for the record, I like RINOS.

txradioguy
07-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Tx, that's a lot. You pulled one of my stunts of really long posts. I will get back to you later.

You posted a lot of Liberal BS that needed refuting

You did it to yourself

When you get back to this I hope you bring some facts this time

And for the record, I like RINOS.

Of course you do...bless your heart

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 01:51 PM
They are talking about putting some of the kids in a place in Michigan, somewhere in which I've had kids placed in the past. It's a nice place, in the middle of nowhere-some of the units are for foster kids and some for delinquents, so there is good security. They treat the kids well there. Although our kids hate it there, I would guess that kids coming from a 3rd world hellhole would think it's paradise.

I don't have a major problem with it, but I have 2 potential problems with it, the first being funding-payment shouldn't come from our state foster care system, and ICE should provide caseworkers and all that unless the feds are going to fund the states to do it, and every kid needs to be screened for TB before being brought into a community. My sister currently isn't on Humara, but people who are on medications like that for arthritis, Crohn's/IBS, cancer, or whatever are particularly vulnerable to TB infection. It's enough of an issue that the ads for Humara state it as a potential side effect.

I pray any of the relocated children would get a complete medical check up first, before risking the spread of any disease to any employee or other residents of the facility. One person on another board tried telling me these kids do not have any infections or diseases as most Central American countries have Universal Health care......and are healthier then we are! :biggrin-new:

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 01:58 PM

I agree. We also have to remember that some of these "children" would have no problem picking up a rifle and killing you if you were visiting their nation. What we consider children and what third world nations consider children, sadly is so much different.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 02:10 PM
I agree. We also have to remember that some of these "children" would have no problem picking up a rifle and killing you if you were visiting their nation. What we consider children and what third world nations consider children, sadly is so much different.

So, you assume these thousands of kids are all gange members?

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 02:16 PM

I forgot to add, I agree with you about the money. I think that was the main purpose of the money. The areas that might end up with temporary new residents might need to make adjustments with case workers, school staff, etc. and that money has to come from some where. I agree with you 100% that it should not come from your state foster care system, from the sounds of it you have already had some long hours and difficult weeks due to some difficult children. This could turn into a nightmare for you or your collages. Your work is appreciated. I know you do all you can to make the world a better place for children.

noonwitch
07-15-2014, 02:41 PM
I forgot to add, I agree with you about the money. I think that was the main purpose of the money. The areas that might end up with temporary new residents might need to make adjustments with case workers, school staff, etc. and that money has to come from some where. I agree with you 100% that it should not come from your state foster care system, from the sounds of it you have already had some long hours and difficult weeks due to some difficult children. This could turn into a nightmare for you or your collages. Your work is appreciated. I know you do all you can to make the world a better place for children.

I don't know what their daily rate is right now, as I don't have any kids currently in the Vassar programs, but here is the agency's website:

www.wolverinehs.org

Click on the residential programs list, and you can see how nice the programs in Vassar are. My estimated per diem rate for care there is $150-220.

The people of Vassar, MI, are opposed to the border kids being placed there. They were never too keen on having a residential program for delinquents and disturbed foster kids in their small town, to begin with, except that it brought some good jobs there. It's in the thumb area, and is mostly a farming community.

SarasotaRepub
07-15-2014, 03:00 PM

For all you or I know it could be more. Do you really trust this administration to tell us the truth?? I don't.

As TRG mentioned and has been reported, people are being denied entry into these camps and/or
being forced to sign non-disclosure docs. Now what does that tell you??

I'm sure there are a lot of innocents here but this administration is running the show
and IMHO is not to be trusted. Transparency...that is beyond bullshit with those people.

txradioguy
07-15-2014, 03:04 PM
I pray any of the relocated children would get a complete medical check up first, before risking the spread of any disease to any employee or other residents of the facility. One person on another board tried telling me these kids do not have any infections or diseases as most Central American countries have Universal Health care......and are healthier then we are! :biggrin-new:

But they aren't doing that. They're shoving them on buses and planes and dumping them into the heartland of America without warning and without the permission of the towns.

Elspeth
07-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Well, since you're so full of facts, show the facts that prove most of these thousands of illegals are gang affiliated and not running.

Leaving the infantile tone of your response aside, I'll oblige you with facts:

Illegal Immigrant Gangs Commit Most U.S. Crime
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2009/01/illegal-immigrant-gangs-commit-most-u-s-crime/

Criminal street gangs—mostly comprised of illegal immigrants—are responsible for the majority of violent crimes in the United States and are the primary distributors of most illicit drugs.

The alarming, but not surprising, information is revealed in a new report published by the Justice Department’s National Gang Intelligence Center (NGIC), an FBI task force created in 2005 to curb the growing threat of violent gangs in the U.S. The NGIC teams up with state and local law enforcement agencies throughout the nation to enforce, study and intercept gangs and has published several reports documenting their activities.

Before the agency’s publication was made public a national newspaper revealed some of its findings. It says that up to 80% of crime in the U.S. is committed by gangs and that gang membership in this country has grown to 1 million, an increase of 200,000 in the last few years...

... In fact, a high-ranking FBI director said gangs have followed the migration paths of illegal alien laborers to avoid big-city police departments that have cracked down on their activities. An example is the notoriously violent Salvadoran gang known as Mara Salvatrucha or MS-13, which has spread throughout the U.S.—to at least 42 states—and continues expanding.

In 2008 alone MS-13 members, all illegal immigrants with previous criminal records, committed atrocious crimes that received ample media coverage. In San Francisco an MS-13 gang banger murdered a father and son with an assault weapon because their car blocked his from making a turn. In Los Angeles an MS-13 member just released from prison murdered a high school football star as the teen jock walked home from the mall. In Maryland a 14-year-old honors high school student was shot to death on a crowded public bus by a Salvadoran illegal alien who proudly revealed he belonged to the MS-13.....

Here is the link to a USA Today article on the same subject:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-01-29-ms13_N.htm

The government's own figures support the contention that illegal immigration is the main source of drug gang members.

Another interesting Homeland Security Report along the same lines is A Line in the Sand: (http://www.azgovernor.gov/documents/BorderSecurity/LineintheSand_Report_2006.pdf)

From page 4:
“Not all illegal aliens are crossing into the United States to find work. Law enforcement officials indicate that there are individuals coming across the border who are forced to leave their home countries because of criminal activities. These dangerous criminals are fleeing the law in other countries and seeking refuge in the United States.”

The government is fully aware that many gang members are entering this country through illegal immigration. These facts have been hidden in plain sight: government reports (that it takes a little work to access) which our media ignores.

As to the specific Central Americans in the current crisis, neither you nor I have any idea how many are actually gang members and not their victims. Knowing what the government reports say, I'll put my money on the possibility that a great many are, in fact, gang members.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Tx, You said you wanted me to post some facts when I came back.

http://www.who.int/immunization/monitoring_surveillance/data/gs_amrprofile.pdf?ua=1
It covers the Americas (all of us).
Diphtheria 5
Hib meningitis - - 251
Measles 294
Mumps 16'162
Pertussis 26'231
Polio 0
Rubella 2
Rubella (CRS) 0
Tetanus (neonatal) 20
Tetanus (total) 457
Yellow fever 26
It looks like the biggest thread would be mumps and Pertussis.
More….

http://www.data.unicef.org/corecode/uploads/document6/uploaded_pdfs/corecode/Immunization_Summary_2012_Eng_40.pdf

Some acronyms to know.
BCG – bacille Calmette-Guérin (vaccine against tuberculosis)
DTP1 – first dose of diphtheria and tetanus toxoid with pertussis vaccine
DTP3 – third dose of diphtheria and tetanus toxoid with pertussis vaccine
HepB3 – third dose of hepatitis B vaccine
Hib3 – third dose of Haemophilus influenza type B vaccine
MCV – measles-containing vaccine
Pol3 – third dose of polio vaccine
PAB – protection at birth against tetanus
Coverage for DTP1 should be at least as high as DTP3. Cases where
DTP1 coverage is less than DTP3 coverage reflect deficiencies in data
collection and reporting. UNICEF and WHO are working with national
systems to eliminate these discrepancies. Because DTP and Hib vaccines
are dispensed on the same schedule, the coverage levels for
DTP3 and Hib3 should be similar. More information on the estimation
method can be found on the following websites:
UNICEF: http://www.childinfo.org/immunization.html
WHO: http://www.who.int/immunization_monitoring/routine/
immunization_coverage/en/index4.html

Honduras, pg. 74
2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2000 1995 1990 1980
BCG
DTP1
DTP3
HepB3
Hib3
MCV
Pol3
PAB
2012 2011
Number of districts in country
Percentage of districts reporting
below 50%
DTP3: proportion of districts with coverage (%) between 50-79%
at 80% or above
MCV: proportion of districts with coverage at 90% or above (%)
DTP1–DTP3 drop-out rate: proportion of districts that
have achieved a rate of less than 10% (%)
MCV2 routine coverage in 2012 (%)
year
Most recent national measles campaign target age group
coverage (%)
298 298
0 0
23 3
77 97
72 91
98 85
100 100
Births............................................ .................................................. ............................. 208,000
Surviving infants........................................... .................................................. .......... 203,000
Total population........................................ .................................................. ........... 7,936,000
Infant mortality rate (per 1,000 live births)........................................... ........................... 19
Under-five mortality rate (per 1,000 live births)........................................... ................... 23
Gross national income per capita (PPP, US$).............................................. ............... 3,890
Percentage of routine EPI vaccines financed by government........................................ .n

Honduras is on page 74. It’s saying that only 46 percent is financed by the government. However, it’s also saying that all those kids that meets the above were in the 80s-90s. That would be the TB vaccine, Pertussis vaccine, the Haemophilus, Measels, Polio, and TB before birth. Not sure why the measles is as high as it is there.
Go to pg. 69 for Guatemala.
Once again, it’s in the 80s-90s.
Now, you’re talking about not being allowed to report stuff. That may be true, but I don’t think we should assume that’s always the case when we don’t have the evidence in front of us. Fox news would make it sound like none of these kids are vaccinated and they’re all diseased when UNICEF and WHO says it’s not so.
Oh, and if you won’t listen to my RINO, then I won’t listen to your Breithart. Sorry.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 04:53 PM

I don't think you should talk to me about tone after your first paragraph attacking me in your first post to me in this thread. I'll respond soon.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 05:02 PM

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2009/01/illegal-immigrant-gangs-commit-most-u-s-crime/

Criminal street gangs—mostly comprised of illegal immigrants—are responsible for the majority of violent crimes in the United States and are the primary distributors of most illicit drugs.

The alarming, but not surprising, information is revealed in a new report published by the Justice Department’s National Gang Intelligence Center (NGIC), an FBI task force created in 2005 to curb the growing threat of violent gangs in the U.S. The NGIC teams up with state and local law enforcement agencies throughout the nation to enforce, study and intercept gangs and has published several reports documenting their activities.

Before the agency’s publication was made public a national newspaper revealed some of its findings. It says that up to 80% of crime in the U.S. is committed by gangs and that gang membership in this country has grown to 1 million, an increase of 200,000 in the last few years...

... In fact, a high-ranking FBI director said gangs have followed the migration paths of illegal alien laborers to avoid big-city police departments that have cracked down on their activities. An example is the notoriously violent Salvadoran gang known as Mara Salvatrucha or MS-13, which has spread throughout the U.S.—to at least 42 states—and continues expanding.

In 2008 alone MS-13 members, all illegal immigrants with previous criminal records, committed atrocious crimes that received ample media coverage. In San Francisco an MS-13 gang banger murdered a father and son with an assault weapon because their car blocked his from making a turn. In Los Angeles an MS-13 member just released from prison murdered a high school football star as the teen jock walked home from the mall. In Maryland a 14-year-old honors high school student was shot to death on a crowded public bus by a Salvadoran illegal alien who proudly revealed he belonged to the MS-13.....

The government's own figures support the contention that illegal immigration is the main source of drug gang members.

Another interesting Homeland Security Report along the same lines is A Line in the Sand: (http://www.azgovernor.gov/documents/BorderSecurity/LineintheSand_Report_2006.pdf)

The government is fully aware that many gang members are entering this country through illegal immigration. These facts have been hidden in plain sight: government reports (that it takes a little work to access) which our media ignores.

As to the specific Central Americans in the current crisis, neither you nor I have any idea how many are actually gang members and not their victims. Knowing what the government reports say, I'll put my money on the possibility that a great many are, in fact, gang members.

Okay, even if this is true. (and I do support deporting gang members), it doesn't prove that most of the people coming here are gang members. An article I posted a while back suggested that thousands of these kids are running from the very deported gang members that you're talking about. This doesn't prove that most of the refugees are gang members or that most illegal immigrants are gang affiliated. That's what this is about.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Tx, I need to answer your ridiculous stuff from earlier. I love this country. However, I don't believe in labeling an entire group of people as a gang member or child molestor. If one gets convicted, then I'm all for locking them up for life. I'm all for killing the ones who can't be caught. Not the point in this discussion.

As for your thinking I'm just a liberal, who cares? My real issue isn't whether to vote Democrat. It's whether to vote. Both me and my sister agree it's shitty and bad.

txradioguy
07-15-2014, 05:19 PM

http://www.who.int/immunization/monitoring_surveillance/data/gs_amrprofile.pdf?ua=1
It covers the Americas (all of us).
Diphtheria 5
Hib meningitis - - 251
Measles 294
Mumps 16'162
Pertussis 26'231
Polio 0
Rubella 2
Rubella (CRS) 0
Tetanus (neonatal) 20
Tetanus (total) 457
Yellow fever 26
It looks like the biggest thread would be mumps and Pertussis.
More….

http://www.data.unicef.org/corecode/uploads/document6/uploaded_pdfs/corecode/Immunization_Summary_2012_Eng_40.pdf

Some acronyms to know.
BCG – bacille Calmette-Guérin (vaccine against tuberculosis)
DTP1 – first dose of diphtheria and tetanus toxoid with pertussis vaccine
DTP3 – third dose of diphtheria and tetanus toxoid with pertussis vaccine
HepB3 – third dose of hepatitis B vaccine
Hib3 – third dose of Haemophilus influenza type B vaccine
MCV – measles-containing vaccine
Pol3 – third dose of polio vaccine
PAB – protection at birth against tetanus
Coverage for DTP1 should be at least as high as DTP3. Cases where
DTP1 coverage is less than DTP3 coverage reflect deficiencies in data
collection and reporting. UNICEF and WHO are working with national
systems to eliminate these discrepancies. Because DTP and Hib vaccines
are dispensed on the same schedule, the coverage levels for
DTP3 and Hib3 should be similar. More information on the estimation
method can be found on the following websites:
UNICEF: http://www.childinfo.org/immunization.html
WHO: http://www.who.int/immunization_monitoring/routine/
immunization_coverage/en/index4.html

Honduras, pg. 74
2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2000 1995 1990 1980
BCG
DTP1
DTP3
HepB3
Hib3
MCV
Pol3
PAB
2012 2011
Number of districts in country
Percentage of districts reporting
below 50%
DTP3: proportion of districts with coverage (%) between 50-79%
at 80% or above
MCV: proportion of districts with coverage at 90% or above (%)
DTP1–DTP3 drop-out rate: proportion of districts that
have achieved a rate of less than 10% (%)
MCV2 routine coverage in 2012 (%)
year
Most recent national measles campaign target age group
coverage (%)
298 298
0 0
23 3
77 97
72 91
98 85
100 100
Births............................................ .................................................. ............................. 208,000
Surviving infants........................................... .................................................. .......... 203,000
Total population........................................ .................................................. ........... 7,936,000
Infant mortality rate (per 1,000 live births)........................................... ........................... 19
Under-five mortality rate (per 1,000 live births)........................................... ................... 23
Gross national income per capita (PPP, US$).............................................. ............... 3,890
Percentage of routine EPI vaccines financed by government........................................ .n

Honduras is on page 74. It’s saying that only 46 percent is financed by the government. However, it’s also saying that all those kids that meets the above were in the 80s-90s. That would be the TB vaccine, Pertussis vaccine, the Haemophilus, Measels, Polio, and TB before birth. Not sure why the measles is as high as it is there.
Go to pg. 69 for Guatemala.
Once again, it’s in the 80s-90s.

This are old stats. And assuming they are accurate and the banana republic didn't *gasp* lie to UNICEF and WHO it doesn't coincide with eye witness and on the ground reports of the outbreaks occurring in these disease ridden refugee camps.

Quite frankly I don't think you even know what those numbers mean. Someone else gave them to you and said "here post these" and you did.

Now run back real fast to whomever is feeding you those bullshit stats and get more talking points.

Now, you’re talking about not being allowed to report stuff. That may be true, but I don’t think we should assume that’s always the case when we don’t have the evidence in front of us. Fox news would make it sound like none of these kids are vaccinated and they’re all diseased when UNICEF and WHO says it’s not so.

Bridget you ignorant (censored)...you've stopped thinking for yourself again and seem to be taking notes from an imbecile and repeating them here...making you an imbecile too.

From CNN

They've had to open temporary shelters because the existing ones are filled to capacity. Journalists are not allowed inside, but leaked photographs of a Border Patrol holding facility in Nogales, Arizona, show cramped cells without enough food, beds, toilets or showers. They seem more befitting of refugee camps Americans hear of in war-ravaged regions of the developing world than right here at home.

From those less-than-ideal conditions have risen allegations of sexual abuse, threats of violence, strip searches and filthy conditions.
A complaint filed Wednesday by the American Civil Liberties Union and four immigrant rights groups lists accusations made by 116 children. Half described a lack of medical care. Others describe ice-cold holding cells in which bright fluorescent lights were kept switched on day and night. About 70 percent of these children said they were held by the Border Patrol longer than the statutory limit of 72 hours.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/13/us/immigration-undocumented-children-explainer/

GFYS with your "it's only Fox news saying this" bullshit.

Oh, and if you won’t listen to my RINO, then I won’t listen to your Breithart. Sorry

Immature much?

txradioguy
07-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Tx, I need to answer your ridiculous stuff from earlier.

It's not ridiculous...it's spot on.

I love this country.

No..I don't believe you do. No Libtard does. You al despise it.

However, I don't believe in labeling an entire group of people as a gang member or child molestor.

No one is doing that here...so stop with the non sequitur.

If one gets convicted, then I'm all for locking them up for life.

No you're not

I'm all for killing the ones who can't be caught.

No you don't

As for your thinking I'm just a liberal, who cares? My real issue isn't whether to vote Democrat. It's whether to vote. Both me and my sister agree it's shitty and bad.

So basically you can't answer the facts I presented before you about who is really coming across the border...got it.

What happened Lanie...the person feeding you your talking points go on a lunch break? For someone who claimed they were going to address what I said to refute your Libtard bullshit...you sure kinda went out with a whimper.

txradioguy
07-15-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't think you should talk to me about tone after your first paragraph attacking me in your first post to me in this thread. I'll respond soon.

You're responding to people who make your talking points look stupid like a spoiled child....Elspeth had every right to call you on your immaturity.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 05:31 PM
This are old stats. And assuming they are accurate and the banana republic didn't *gasp* lie to UNICEF and WHO it doesn't coincide with eye witness and on the ground reports of the outbreaks occurring in these disease ridden refugee camps.

Now run back real fast to whomever is feeding you those bullshit stats and get more talking points.

Bridget you ignorant (censored)...you've stopped thinking for yourself again and seem to be taking notes from an imbecile and repeating them here...making you an imbecile too.

From CNN

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/13/us/immigration-undocumented-children-explainer/

GFYS with your "it's only Fox news saying this" bullshit.

Immature much?

Even if the CNN stuff is true, that doesn't cancel out what I've presented from a year or two ago (not that old).

Elspeth and you can say what you want to. You can even come in an talk for other people like she did in that post, but it doesn't change the fact that you're both acting like a couple of (censored out), and I'll call you on it. Oh, and GFYS for saying I hate my country, want gang members to be out, and that I hate puppies. Whatever.

Oh, and I want to thank you two at the same time. Have fun figuring out with what.

txradioguy
07-15-2014, 05:38 PM
I don’t think we should assume that’s always the case when we don’t have the evidence in front of us. Fox news would make it sound like none of these kids are vaccinated and they’re all diseased when UNICEF and WHO says it’s not so.

From CBS

Yolo County Officials Perplexed By Unusual Spike In Whooping Cough Cases

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/07/14/yolo-county-officials-perplexed-by-unusual-spike-in-whooping-cough-cases/

From ABC

“There's been an outbreak of scabies that's been going on for the past month,” Cabrera said.

Texas border resident Jorge Garcia says word about the contagious skin infection is getting around.

“Our Border Patrol agents check on us all the time and they told us about the outbreak of scabies,” Garcia said.

Cabrera says the sickness doesn't stop at scabies.

“We are starting to see chicken pox, MRSA staph infections, we are starting to see different viruses,” Cabrera said.

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/immigrants-bringing-diseases-across-border

And yet again from CNN

In the case of the border kids, it turns out that those worries about diseases were not so far-fetched after all.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recently that an unaccompanied minor from Central America has the H1N1 flu. The minor, who entered the country in the last few months, had recently been—along with 1,000 other border kids—relocated to Lackland Air Force base in San Antonio.

Meanwhile, a source close to the situation on the border told me on June 21 that there was a confirmed case of a child having the H1N1 virus. He spoke on condition of anonymity so he could relay the information candidly, given the sensitivity of the subject matter and the possibility of sparking a public panic.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/02/there-are-now-two-cases-of-the-h1n1-swine-flu-virus-along-the-u-s-mexico-border.html

You were saying?

txradioguy
07-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Even if the CNN stuff is true, that doesn't cancel out what I've presented from a year or two ago (not that old).

Only to you it doesn't prove anything. You're reverting back to your old ignorant Libtard days. Deny the facts in front of you and reply on bullshit.

Same old Bridget...same old tired routine for the last decade.

Elspeth and you can say what you want to. You can even come in an talk for other people like she did in that post, but it doesn't change the fact that you're both acting like a couple of (censored out), and I'll call you on it.

Looking in the mirror again when you type Bridget? Projection isn't a pretty look on you.

You couldn't call anyone out if you were spotted the "call" and an "O" you retarded ass clown.

Oh, and GFYS for saying I hate my country, want gang members to be out, and that I hate puppies. Whatever.

No Bridget...fuck you for supporting policies and politicians that want to destroy this country.

People that love this country and what it stands for would NOT support the destructive policies and ideas you are spewing from your soup cooler right now.

Oh, and I want to thank you two at the same time. Have fun figuring out with what.

You know I've seen a picture of you before...and you had a crazy look in your eye....thank you for confirming it...you're fucking nuts.

Rockntractor
07-15-2014, 06:13 PM
I hate puppies. Whatever.

puppies! oh no, you made Dukie cry.:blue:

Wow, you club seals and hate puppies!

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 07:05 PM
I don't know what their daily rate is right now, as I don't have any kids currently in the Vassar programs, but here is the agency's website:

www.wolverinehs.org

Click on the residential programs list, and you can see how nice the programs in Vassar are. My estimated per diem rate for care there is $150-220.

The people of Vassar, MI, are opposed to the border kids being placed there. They were never too keen on having a residential program for delinquents and disturbed foster kids in their small town, to begin with, except that it brought some good jobs there. It's in the thumb area, and is mostly a farming community.

Great website, it looks like they are doing great things. I'm glad they were able to get the vacant house torn down next to the facility. They directed me to a Youtube video for the online donation I just made to Wolverine Human Services.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctlaflGpN4A&feature=youtu.be

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 07:09 PM
But they aren't doing that. They're shoving them on buses and planes and dumping them into the heartland of America without warning and without the permission of the towns.

I know. School starts in less then a month in some areas and this is going to blind side a lot of communities.

I doubt communities in NE have ESL teachers up and ready to go for that many new students if they end up with a few thousand extras.

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 07:17 PM

The age of maturity is different in other nations from a legal stand point.

If where these kids are relocating from is as violent as you claim, you don't think they would rob you at gun or knife point if you were walking down one of their streets in their hometown? My point had nothing to do with gangs.

If they don't show up as gang members, one of their first options upon relocation here will be gangs or prostitution. They might not even have a choice in the matter.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 07:32 PM
The age of maturity is different in other nations from a legal stand point.

If where these kids are relocating from is as violent as you claim, you don't think they would rob you at gun or knife point if you were walking down one of their streets in their hometown? My point had nothing to do with gangs.

If they don't show up as gang members, one of their first options upon relocation here will be gangs or prostitution. They might not even have a choice in the matter.

Yes, but that's an assumption. I'm reading a lot of assumptions here about what the majority of people are doing here. Nobody's been able to prove it. It's been shown that there is a problem with diseases at the border (although they're not all infected and may not be most of them), but there's nothing showing they're all or mostly violent people. We only have proof that they're from areas very violent.

While some do come up here to be violent, they don't usually come up in the thousands. That's an exodus, Rob. I suppose there's a small chance of a declaration of war, but what's the motive for Honduras to want to take down the US? That's the only other explanation that makes any sense to me.

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 07:37 PM

:blah:

First off between Medicaid, public health clinics, and free childhood vaccination back to school programs our kids are covered. The vaccinations are preventative care and covered under Obamascare for those with insurance. Vaccinations are required for school admissions.

Pertussis is also known as whooping cough, which has had outbreaks in the last couple years. Guess where? California! I wonder why? Illegal immigration? The Pertussis vaccination is actually part of the tdap, so your cut and paste is not actually apples to apples. Now all expecting mothers are asked to get the tdap, as well as school teachers and students. In fact just a couple years ago there was a mad rush to obtain such vaccinations that they were very hard to keep in stock for health care providers.

Lets not forget the crazy libs running around telling everyone that vaccines were going to kill their children or cause Autism and it was just a way for BIG PHARMA to make BIG PROFITS. Did you know that BIG PHARMA donates millions of doses of vaccines to third world countries every year? Of course they are just an evil tax break receiving corporation that is keeping poor people poor while extending everyone's life expectancy with life saving medications through very expensive research and development, which recently had to be scaled back due to Obamascare and lower drug reimbursements.

I've even started threads on this board about flu shots in which people said they don't believe in them or were concerned about the safety of getting one. There was so much misinformation out there.

If you want to talk vaccines, you need more then a few cut and pastes and links from other websites, I happen to know a little bit about them. I submitted electronic paperwork to the CDC for 1700 flu vaccinations last year and that does not count the several other types of vaccinations I took care of.

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Yes, but that's an assumption. I'm reading a lot of assumptions here about what the majority of people are doing here. Nobody's been able to prove it. It's been shown that there is a problem with diseases at the border (although they're not all infected and may not be most of them), but there's nothing showing they're all or mostly violent people. We only have proof that they're from areas very violent.

While some do come up here to be violent, they don't usually come up in the thousands. That's an exodus, Rob. I suppose there's a small chance of a declaration of war, but what's the motive for Honduras to want to take down the US? That's the only other explanation that makes any sense to me.

We can learn a lot from our past experience with illegal immigration. This is not our first rodeo, yet it might be the most publicized due to the children being used as pawns. I assume our past experiences will continue to be our future experiences. It's kind of like a girl that keeps dating the same guy that beats the shit out of her, it's going to keep happening as long as she allows it.

Lanie
07-15-2014, 07:58 PM
:blah:

First off between Medicaid, public health clinics, and free childhood vaccination back to school programs our kids are covered. The vaccinations are preventative care and covered under Obamascare for those with insurance. Vaccinations are required for school admissions.

Pertussis is also known as whooping cough, which has had outbreaks in the last couple years. Guess where? California! I wonder why? Illegal immigration? The Pertussis vaccination is actually part of the tdap, so your cut and paste is not actually apples to apples. Now all expecting mothers are asked to get the tdap, as well as school teachers and students. In fact just a couple years ago there was a mad rush to obtain such vaccinations that they were very hard to keep in stock for health care providers.

Lets not forget the crazy libs running around telling everyone that vaccines were going to kill their children or cause Autism and it was just a way for BIG PHARMA to make BIG PROFITS. Did you know that BIG PHARMA donates millions of doses of vaccines to third world countries every year? Of course they are just an evil tax break receiving corporation that is keeping poor people poor while extending everyone's life expectancy with life saving medications through very expensive research and development, which recently had to be scaled back due to Obamascare and lower drug reimbursements.

I've even started threads on this board about flu shots in which people said they don't believe in them or were concerned about the safety of getting one. There was so much misinformation out there.

If you want to talk vaccines, you need more then a few cut and pastes and links from other websites, I happen to know a little bit about them. I submitted electronic paperwork to the CDC for 1700 flu vaccinations last year and that does not count the several other types of vaccinations I took care of.

Okay, as somebody who does what you do, I'll consider what you're saying. I do also appreciate you bringing up the liberal conspiracy theories against vaccinations, but it's not necessarily a coinsidence that often happens in CA.

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 08:31 PM
puppies! oh no, you made Dukie cry.:blue:

Wow, you club seals and hate puppies!

I was going to get a dog, but not if she will just make me get rid of it.

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Okay, as somebody who does what you do, I'll consider what you're saying. I do also appreciate you bringing up the liberal conspiracy theories against vaccinations, but it's not necessarily a coinsidence that often happens in CA.

No matter what, I hope people protect their children from it. I've even heard "truthers" say that the flu shot was simply injecting chips into our bodies.

RobJohnson
07-15-2014, 09:39 PM

The CDC has a link on their webpage just for the Pertussis epidemic in California. No other state has this.

California is currently experiencing a pertussis epidemic. Pertussis is cyclical and peaks every 3-5 years as the numbers of susceptible persons in the population increases due to waning of immunity following both vaccination and disease. The last epidemic in California occurred in 2010, however, the overall incidence of pertussis has increased since the 1990s. One reason for the increase is the use of acellular pertussis vaccines, which cause fewer reactions than the whole-cell vaccines that preceded them, but do not protect as long. Young infants are at greatest risk of hospitalization and death from pertussis, therefore pregnant women are encouraged to receive pertussis vaccine (Tdap) during the 3rd trimester of every pregnancy. Pertussis antibodies are transferred from vaccinated mothers to their infants and will help protect them until they are old enough to be vaccinated. The primary DTaP vaccine series is essential for reducing severe disease in young infants and should not be delayed. DTaP can be given to infants at an accelerated schedule with the first dose given as early as 6 weeks of age. Even one dose of DTaP may offer some protection against fatal pertussis disease in infants.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Documents/Pertussis_Report_7-8-2014.pdf

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/PertussisSummaryReports.aspx

http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/outbreaks/trends.html

Lanie
07-15-2014, 10:33 PM
I was going to get a dog, but not if she will just make me get rid of it.

I like small dogs and golden retrievers. Cats can be of the devil, but I like them too.

No matter what, I hope people protect their children from it. I've even heard "truthers" say that the flu shot was simply injecting chips into our bodies.

That's ridiculous. I remember a poster on another board talking about how people were bad parents if they got their kids vaccinated. He was a nut.

The CDC has a link on their webpage just for the Pertussis epidemic in California. No other state has this.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Documents/Pertussis_Report_7-8-2014.pdf

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Pages/PertussisSummaryReports.aspx

http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/outbreaks/trends.html

Thanks. Reading them now.

RobJohnson
07-16-2014, 01:04 AM
I like small dogs and golden retrievers. Cats can be of the devil, but I like them too.

That's ridiculous. I remember a poster on another board talking about how people were bad parents if they got their kids vaccinated. He was a nut.

Thanks. Reading them now.

Actually they are out of order, start at the bottom! My bad

Sent from my NSA encrypted device using Tapatalk 2

txradioguy
07-16-2014, 04:25 AM
We can learn a lot from our past experience with illegal immigration. This is not our first rodeo, yet it might be the most publicized due to the children being used as pawns. I assume our past experiences will continue to be our future experiences. It's kind of like a girl that keeps dating the same guy that beats the shit out of her, it's going to keep happening as long as she allows it.

RJ stuff like this doesn't matter to Libs like Bridget. Reality is a foreign experience to her and others like her.

RobJohnson
07-16-2014, 06:47 AM
RJ stuff like this doesn't matter to Libs like Bridget. Reality is a foreign experience to her and others like her.

She mentions that our Admin of this board was safe in FL...........FL has had more then their share of immigration issues over the years.

I think once she thinks about it, she will realize we are just not here to get on he about her viewpoints, well that is part of it j/k, but we simply want anyone reading our threads to have the correct facts.

I think our posters have a wealth of information and some of that includes life experience that can't always be supported with a hyperlink to a web story, at least not without giving up a password to see the info or giving out proprietary information. I already crossed my own line a little bit in what I mentioned about my own dealings with the CDC. One winter I ended up with about 4K in overtime right before Christmas when I was the only one that took advantage of the limited supply of H1N1 vaccinations for those in the health care or emergency responder fields. It's one nasty flu and it spreads quickly throughout the school systems
and those under 30 and over 60 seemed to be at the greatest risk.

For heaven's sakes I've had to deal with alleged HIPPA violations that are actually civil right complaints by people with way too much time on their hands. If a health care provider has to raise their voice a little bit to communicate with someone that is hard of hearing, it's not an intentional violation of the law, but so many people are out looking for the magic lottery ticket. It's my job to diffuse these situations before they move up the ladder, something I am sure you can relate to TRG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOHOHKBEqE

RobJohnson
07-16-2014, 06:57 AM
For the most part I think Pat Robertson has lost his marbles. but while flipping channels he made some good points today. I wish Lanie could of heard what he had to say.

He said while he does have compassion for the children we simply can't allow open borders and he has personally been to Central America and it's not as bad as they say. He said "yes there is poverty, but there is also poverty in Mexico and Mexico seems to be doing ok." He went on to say it's simply not possible for the United States to take care of all the poor people in the world, especially those showing up here without work visas that are not here to contribute anything, but simply to take from us. He summed up it up pretty nicely. He said he prays for the children and their safety, which I do as well. He also had several comments about the diseases they were bringing into our nation and proof of such.

As long as the kids are here waiting their day in court I want them fed, cleaned up and clothed and the restricted access to see the conditions of where they are being kept is a dead give away that something is wrong.

txradioguy
07-16-2014, 07:46 AM
She mentions that our Admin of this board was safe in FL...........FL has had more then their share of immigration issues over the years.

And meanwhile...while she wags her finger at SR...she's safely ensconced where she lives....it's easy to bitch about a situation when it doesn't directly affect you or where you live...this is exactly what Bridget is doing.

I think our posters have a wealth of information and some of that includes life experience that can't always be supported with a hyperlink to a web story, at least not without giving up a password to see the info or giving out proprietary information.

That kind of stuff only counts for something when Libs are creating their Bouncy's. When we cite personal experience and eye witness accounts...well suddenly that's not credible.

As long as the kids are here waiting their day in court I want them fed, cleaned up and clothed and the restricted access to see the conditions of where they are being kept is a dead give away that something is wrong.

If we're gonna spend money we don't have to do this...then the border needs to be secured and the flow needs to stop...now.

SarasotaRepub
07-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Lanie, for all the points that we have all been making, the biggest IMHO

problem is the pure arrogance of the Obama administration in sending these

kids and young adults to states without the local governments permission or

even telling them they are considering it. Just WTF do they thing they are??

How would the average fellow feel if Lord oBAMA showed up on their doorstep

and told them they had to accept this lice infested "kid". Thanks, see ya. ????

Thats basically what they're doing. I'd tell Lord O to get the fuck off my

property and take the "kid" with him.

txradioguy
07-16-2014, 09:58 AM

IMO it's a violation of the 3rd Amendment. Grated these are illegeal aliens and not soldiers...but at the end of the day...when you're being forced to house these people...whats the difference?

Lanie
07-16-2014, 10:57 AM

I think once she thinks about it, she will realize we are just not here to get on he about her viewpoints, well that is part of it j/k, but we simply want anyone reading our threads to have the correct facts.

I think our posters have a wealth of information and some of that includes life experience that can't always be supported with a hyperlink to a web story, at least not without giving up a password to see the info or giving out proprietary information. I already crossed my own line a little bit in what I mentioned about my own dealings with the CDC. One winter I ended up with about 4K in overtime right before Christmas when I was the only one that took advantage of the limited supply of H1N1 vaccinations for those in the health care or emergency responder fields. It's one nasty flu and it spreads quickly throughout the school systems
and those under 30 and over 60 seemed to be at the greatest risk.

For heaven's sakes I've had to deal with alleged HIPPA violations that are actually civil right complaints by people with way too much time on their hands. If a health care provider has to raise their voice a little bit to communicate with someone that is hard of hearing, it's not an intentional violation of the law, but so many people are out looking for the magic lottery ticket. It's my job to diffuse these situations before they move up the ladder, something I am sure you can relate to TRG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOHOHKBEqE

Thanks. The main issue for me is that illegal immigrants are human beings. I think that when we declare them gang affiliated, violent thugs, or diseased before even knowing what the deal is with MOST of them, we're not treating them enough like human beings. I know people here are scared of diseases and of gangs. I think most of these illegal immigrants are scared of the gangs too.

Lanie
07-16-2014, 11:02 AM

Like I said before, Obama needs to get to the border and find out what's going on before making any decisions. The next thing they need to do is find the kid's parents whether they're here or in Central America. Once they get them to their parents, let them apply to become legal citizens here. Not easy for them and not fair to us, but it's about compassion. Of course, start deporting anybody who is gang affiliated. I shouldn't have gotten so heated earlier. I know there has to be a way to get my point across without getting heated. I'm still working on that. Sorry.

Lanie
07-16-2014, 11:04 AM
And meanwhile...while she wags her finger at SR...she's safely ensconced where she lives....it's easy to bitch about a situation when it doesn't directly affect you or where you live...this is exactly what Bridget is doing.

What if I told you that I was often around those very gangs that people fear so much thanks to where I work and that a lot of shit is constantly going down in the area. Would that make a little bit of a difference?

txradioguy
07-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Like I said before, Obama needs to get to the border and find out what's going on before making any decisions.

Your precious President KNOWS what's going on at the border because he's orchestrated it.

He's made the ONLY decision on this he's going to make...and the rest of us have to pay for it.

The next thing they need to do is find the kid's parents whether they're here or in Central America. Once they get them to their parents, let them apply to become legal citizens here. Not easy for them and not fair to us, but it's about compassion. Of course, start deporting anybody who is gang affiliated. I shouldn't have gotten so heated earlier. I know there has to be a way to get my point across without getting heated. I'm still working on that. Sorry.

You need to tell whomever is feeding you this bullshit that they are dense. And you're an idiot for copying and pasting their tripe.

The parents that deswerted these kids to come here in the first place are...wait for it..ILLEGALS TOO! What it the blue hell makes you think that they're going to take their kid to an imigration hearing once they regain custody of them?

This has nothign to do with compassion and everything to do with the rule of law and upholding the Consitution. Weak kneed Libtards like you...and the idiot spoon feeding you your talking points don't get that. Or you do and don't care...which is even more frightening.

You are getting your point across quite clearly. You're belief is screw the borders...to hell with the rule of law and the Constitutiuon!

You want to bankrupt this damn country in the nema of "compassion".

Well your false sense of "compassion" won't do you one bit of good when this flood of illegals pushes the already bloated welfare system past the breaking point. It's won't do you much good when it bankrupts school systems from the flood...or closes hospital ER's because they can't handle the influx of non paying welfare recipients in the form of the illegal wave that's pouring across our southern border,

How well is your flase sense of "compassion" gonna protect you when you're mugged or your car is stolen or sexually assaulted or worse by the newly arrived group of MS13 gang bangers who got dumped into your neighborhood?

Huh? How's that "compassion" thing gonna work for you then?

txradioguy
07-16-2014, 11:49 AM
What if I told you that I was often around those very gangs that people fear so much thanks to where I work and that a lot of shit is constantly going down in the area. Would that make a little bit of a difference?

No it wouldn't. Because all Liberals lie.

Amazing how something like this just SUDDENLY comes to light the minute you get called out for your hypocrisy.

SarasotaRepub
07-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Like I said before, Obama needs to get to the border and find out what's going on before making any decisions. The next thing they need to do is find the kid's parents whether they're here or in Central America. Once they get them to their parents, let them apply to become legal citizens here. Not easy for them and not fair to us, but it's about compassion. Of course, start deporting anybody who is gang affiliated. I shouldn't have gotten so heated earlier. I know there has to be a way to get my point across without getting heated. I'm still working on that. Sorry.

Lanie, he's not going to do that, remember, Lord Obama is NEVER wrong. He'll never back down and he just doesn't care.

Look at that Marine down in Mexico, still in jail. A Leader would have had this issue resolved weeks
ago. With Obama, all they say is "we're looking into it." He doesn't give a shit about that guy. Obama doesn't
give a shit about anybody but Obama.

Lanie
07-16-2014, 11:55 AM
No it wouldn't. Because all Liberals lie.

Amazing how something like this just SUDDENLY comes to light the minute you get called out for your hypocrisy.

You're an idiot.

I don't usually disclose my personal stuff. I can prove it to you, but I won't because you're a closed minded jerk.

txradioguy
07-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Lanie, he's not going to do that, remember, Lord Obama is NEVER wrong. He'll never back down and he just doesn't care.

Look at that Marine down in Mexico, still in jail. A Leader would have had this issue resolved weeks
ago. With Obama, all they say is "we're looking into it." He doesn't give a shit about that guy. Obama doesn't
give a shit about anybody but Obama.

^^^ THIS! QFT

txradioguy
07-16-2014, 11:58 AM
You're an idiot.

Impossible. I'm not a Libtard liek you.

I don't usually disclose my personal stuff. I can prove it to you, but I won't because you're a closed minded jerk.

You can't prove it because it's all in your pointy little head.

Elspeth
07-16-2014, 12:04 PM

Are you saying this as a moderator? Should I be concerned?

In terms of "tone", yours is infantile. You cry, you get emotional, you post facts that do not connect either with this specific group you're talking about nor with the general trends present in the illegal immigration problem. These trends go back many years.

txradioguy
07-16-2014, 12:12 PM

No she's not and no you don't. You have my word on that.

Lanie
07-16-2014, 12:17 PM
Impossible. I'm not a Libtard liek you.

You can't prove it because it's all in your pointy little head.

If liberal equals stupid, then you're the most liberal person I know.

Next, I did say a while back that I was volunteering in a bad neighborhood. It's related to my work place. One of them told me to be careful. It was a thread about rough neighborhoods.

But you wouldn't matter if physical evidence was in hand because you're nothing but a bitter, angry man who will do anything for your supposed conservative agenda. You have no limit as to how far you'll go. You'll only do the right thing if you have to.

txradioguy
07-16-2014, 12:27 PM

Nope not me then.

Next, I did say a while back that I was volunteering in a bad neighborhood. It's related to my work place. One of them told me to be careful. It was a thread about rough neighborhoods.

And that equates to MS13 and the real uptick in crime how? Oh and just because you claim to "work" in an area that doesn't look as pretty as where you live...doesn't mean it's a truly rough neighborhood.

And while you get to go back all safe and secure to your clean safe neighborhood...the people dealing with this influx of "compassion" you support don't get that luxury. You're no better than the Libtard fat cats that talk about compassion and support disasterous Libtard polices...from the safety of their lilly white gated community.

But you wouldn't matter if physical evidence was in hand because you're nothing but a bitter, angry man who will do anything for your supposed conservative agenda.

The only angry one here is you Bridget. And your infantile tantrums and knack for putting words in people's mouth in your insepid rants proves that.

mainly I just shake my head and laugh at your posts. Alway shave...always will.

Your integrity...or more accurately lack ther of.... on whether you really do or don't have to deal with a "rough" neighborhood goes back to your days of denial of being a member of DU...almost a decade ago.

You have no limit as to how far you'll go. You'll only do the right thing if you have to.

Your hysterical. You're knee jerking yourself into a consussive state.

To sit there and say that because I want the rule of law followed somehow eqauates to a lack of "compassion" is stupid even for you.

Compassion, "doing the right thing" living a Christian life has more to do with how you conduct yourself when no one is looking far more than how "compassionate" you look while the bright lights of TV are shining in your face.

Maybe on day when you grow up you'll understand that.

Elspeth
07-16-2014, 12:39 PM
No she's not and no you don't. You have my word on that.

I appreciate that. It's hard to tell.

I also appreciate your comments on my post of actual government reports.

If you read through the reports, it becomes clear that the border allows passage for all manner of drugs, sex slaves, many children (called "human trafficking"), and gang members, along with the usual illegal workforce desired by corporate farming (especially here in California) and labor intensive industries that can't leave the US.

Lanie
07-16-2014, 12:41 PM

In terms of "tone", yours is infantile. You cry, you get emotional, you post facts that do not connect either with this specific group you're talking about nor with the general trends present in the illegal immigration problem. These trends go back many years.

I just now saw this. Of course not. You don't violate the TOS. I should rename myself the lazy mod since I don't do anything. lol.

Lanie
07-16-2014, 04:33 PM
Obviously, I'm still a liberal on this subject and I know I've pissed off a lot of people. By all means, I don't wish for anybody to leave just because I'm a mod. That's silly. (issue stated in another thread).

I'm going to try to refrain from speaking about immigration right now even though it's a hot topic because I don't want to burn all bridges right now. I will say that Americans aren't the only ones being violated and leave it at that. Old source, but I don't see why it wouldn't happen now.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/hcv0412st.pdf

Hate crimes against Hispanics increased. I think that's because it's assumed they're illegals and all sorts of other stuff. Why wouldn't people do that if they think a bunch of violent thugs were next door? Makes sense to me. Anyway, I'll be going right now. I can't change what I think, but I do acknowledge that I've really pissed some people off today and I don't want people to leave.

txradioguy
07-16-2014, 05:31 PM
If you read through the reports, it becomes clear that the border allows passage for all manner of drugs, sex slaves, many children (called "human trafficking"), and gang members, along with the usual illegal workforce desired by corporate farming (especially here in California) and labor intensive industries that can't leave the US.

And to exacerbate the problem....these criminal elements...disease carriers as well as trafficked and abused children are being sent to all corners of the U.S. with no way to track them and without warning to the state and local governments or the citizens that live in those areas.

This is an attack on the citizenry that is no different than Hamas firing rockets indiscriminately into civilian neighborhoods in Israel.

RobJohnson
07-16-2014, 10:57 PM
If we're gonna spend money we don't have to do this...then the border needs to be secured and the flow needs to stop...now.

True. As they pull the agents from the border for intake, more illegals are able to enter. Bring in the troops.

RobJohnson
07-16-2014, 11:10 PM

Gangs? What gangs?

Graphic image at link: https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10300901_751236978267269_2782874655292133058_n.jpg

This is a victim of the Mara Salvatrucha (aka: MS-13) gang. A ruthless gang with ties to drug trafficking and pretty much any organized criminal element you can imagine. MS-13 is "headquarted" out of Los Angeles and recruits its membership primarily from Mexico. Authorities know with some degree of certainty that America's new open borders policy (which we DO have now; when the gov't refused to enforce border protection law,....then we have open borders. period) that the gang's numbers are steadily growing as new members stream across our southern border, however they are unable to quantify exactly how large or small that number is.

https://www.facebook.com/RMBTP?hc_location=timeline#

RobJohnson
07-16-2014, 11:21 PM

But you wouldn't matter if physical evidence was in hand because you're nothing but a bitter, angry man who will do anything for your supposed conservative agenda. You have no limit as to how far you'll go. You'll only do the right thing if you have to.

Lanie, Lanie, Lanie. If you were attacked in a bad neighborhood, or something bad happened to, you know for a fact TRG and others here would be concerned and wish you the best.

Lanie
07-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Gangs? What gangs?

Graphic image at link: https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10300901_751236978267269_2782874655292133058_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/RMBTP?hc_location=timeline#

That's just evil.

Lanie
07-16-2014, 11:30 PM
Lanie, Lanie, Lanie. If you were attacked in a bad neighborhood, or something bad happened to, you know for a fact TRG and others here would be concerned and wish you the best.

And I would feel the same way for him or anybody else here if they were attacked for any reason, but that isn't the issue. The issue is that I say I work near a bad neighborhood, he says I'm lying. I say in another thread that I'm for locking a gang member up for life and never letting him see the light of day, he says I'm lying. In his mind, I'm always lying because I'm a liberal (and he's admitted that in another thread). There's no point in discussing with him. I don't know why I try. I get tired of being called a liar by him. He has the nerve to get onto me for being judgmental all the while he's been judging me all these years. No amount of evidence to the contrary will convince him. There's no point. Sorry.

RobJohnson
07-17-2014, 02:58 PM
And I would feel the same way for him or anybody else here if they were attacked for any reason, but that isn't the issue. The issue is that I say I work near a bad neighborhood, he says I'm lying. I say in another thread that I'm for locking a gang member up for life and never letting him see the light of day, he says I'm lying. In his mind, I'm always lying because I'm a liberal (and he's admitted that in another thread). There's no point in discussing with him. I don't know why I try. I get tired of being called a liar by him. He has the nerve to get onto me for being judgmental all the while he's been judging me all these years. No amount of evidence to the contrary will convince him. There's no point. Sorry.

I missed the thread in which you said you were locking up a gang member. Do you have the link, I'm lazy.

I hope you mean in jail, and it's not a bedroom thing. :biggrin-new:

Lanie
07-17-2014, 03:04 PM
I missed the thread in which you said you were locking up a gang member. Do you have the link, I'm lazy.

I hope you mean in jail, and it's not a bedroom thing. :biggrin-new:

I meant to say I was FOR locking him up for life. lol.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?63031-EXCLUSIVE-Released-Alien-from-Border-Crisis-Arrested-for-Alleged-Murder-Kidnapping

I was at number three saying I was for locking him up for life.

Elspeth
07-17-2014, 03:08 PM
This thread has gotten way too emotional and in all the wrong directions.

Just a reminder on the facts:

From page 4:
“Not all illegal aliens are crossing into the United States to find work. Law enforcement officials indicate that there are individuals coming across the border who are forced to leave their home countries because of criminal activities. These dangerous criminals are fleeing the law in other countries and seeking refuge in the United States.”

Retread
07-17-2014, 04:32 PM

Which is exactly why I started skipping it and did not return until I saw your post at the end. Kudos Elspeth for at lest trying to get things back on track.

RobJohnson
07-17-2014, 04:41 PM
I meant to say I was FOR locking him up for life. lol.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?63031-EXCLUSIVE-Released-Alien-from-Border-Crisis-Arrested-for-Alleged-Murder-Kidnapping

I was at number three saying I was for locking him up for life.

That is a great example why the illegals need to be held in custody, not released unless the release is for deportation. Less then 10% of those with a notice to appear actually show up for their day in court.

As you can see this issue hits some of us "very close to home" and I'm thankful that TRGs friends and family are safe from this monster. The sad fact is, there are many more out there.

RobJohnson
07-17-2014, 04:47 PM

Just a reminder on the facts:

[INDENT][INDENT]

Since I was the one that started this thread, the original topic was:

"Governors and mayors have the right to know when the federal government is transporting a large group of individuals, in this case illegal immigrants, into your state," Nebraska GOP Gov. Dave Heineman, told the Journal.

He said he is concerned federal officials are refusing to give details about whether there are plans to send children to public schools or expound on the potential costs to taxpayers.

Retread
07-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Since I was the one that started this thread, the original topic was:

You'll learn better.

Elspeth
07-17-2014, 10:01 PM
More facts--from Health and Human Services (HHS) and Homeland Security (DHS):

'Breakdown ' in health screening at border
http://americanthinker.com/blog/2014/07/breakdown__in_health_screening_at_border.html

When an illegal child is processed at the border, they are supposed to receive a check up to make sure they aren't carrying any communicable diseases before being flown to detention centers around the country. ABC News obtained a memo from an HHS official that claims the crush of illegal aliens is so big that some kids are slipping through the cracks and being processed without the check up.

The result is predictable.

The director of refugee health in the federal Health and Human Services Department “has identified a breakdown of the medical screening processes at the Nogales, Arizona, facility,” according to an internal Department of Defense memo reviewed by ABC News. The “breakdown” a systemic failure of the handoff of these children between CBP and HHS.

Inside the government, officials are sounding alarms, fearing that they and their teams who come in contact with the sick children face potential exposure to infectious diseases from chicken pox to influenza, including rare cases of H1N1, more commonly called swine flu.

Two unaccompanied children were flown from Nogales to California despite having 101-degree fevers and flu-like symptoms, according to the Department of Defense memo. Those children had to be hospitalized.

The memo said pointedly that officials in charge of moving the immigrants from Border Patrol processing centers to Health and Human Services facilities are “putting sick [fevers and coughing] unaccompanied children on airplanes inbound for [Naval Base Ventura County] in addition to the chicken pox and coxsackie virus cases.”

The document said three other kids were in the ICU at local hospitals in California, and two of them were diagnosed with strep pneumonia.

Less than a week later, that same Ventura Naval Base suffered an outbreak of pneumonia and influenza among the unaccompanied minors inside the shelter.

“Preliminary reports indicate that several unaccompanied minors in the shelter had become ill with what appears to be pneumonia and influenza,” according to a statement from the Administration for Children and Families at Health and Human Services.

HHS told ABC News the children were supposed to be screened for sickness before leaving the Border Patrol screening centers.

“When the children arrive at U.S. border stations,” the ACF statement read, “they are screened for health problems and given medical treatment if needed.”

But, according to the memo ABC News reviewed, “Curi Kim [the HHS director of the Division of Refugee Health] has identified a breakdown of the medical screening processes at the Nogales, Arizona, facility. The [unaccompanied children] were initially screened and cleared upon entry into that facility with no fever or significant symptoms. They were not however re-screened and cleared for travel and placement at a temporary shelter.”

While confirming to ABC News the outbreak occurred, HHS would not respond to inquiries about the DOD memo showing sick children were knowingly sent to Naval Base Ventura prior to the outbreak....

RobJohnson
07-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Underage illegal immigrants may be an issue in Massachusetts governor race (http://washingtonexaminer.com/underage-illegal-immigrants-may-be-an-issue-in-massachusetts-governor-race/article/2550866)

As I noted in a blogpost over the weekend, the political fallout from the surge of (not entirely) underage Central American illegal immigrants across the Lower Rio Grande is spreading across the nation. And over some considerable distance: it's 2,210 miles from McAllen, Texas, on the border, to Swampscott, Mass., the home of Republican governor candidate Charlie Baker, who according to the Boston Herald has been criticizing Democratic Gov. Deval Patrick's handling of "the planeloads of illegal immigrants” arriving in the Bay State.

Massachusetts county sheriffs have been raising questions about seven secret flights into the state; a Patrick administration spokesman says the state government has “no role” in agreements between the sheriffs and the federal Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

The Herald quotes Baker as saying, “As governor under these circumstances and situation I would be in constant contact with the White House and the folks at ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) to the point where if I needed to go to Washington and take a few of the sheriffs and other folks who are being engaged in this conversation with me, I would. ... I think it’s important that Massachusetts leaders stand up for Massachusetts on this one and get answers from the federal government ... and what the end game is here, how it’s going to get resolved, what’s the time frame.”

I wonder if the governor even knew if the planes were coming? I have a feeling he did.

Illegal immigrants are being secretly flown to Massachusetts and kept in local lockups in an under-the-radar operation that has alarmed lawmen who are raising health and security concerns amid recent spikes in detainees coming up from Texas during the latest border crisis.

“We’re all becoming border sheriffs now with these people being carted all over the country,” said Bristol County Sheriff Thomas M. Hodgson.

“The blame goes all the way up. It’s a travesty and people ought to be upset,” Hodgson said. “This is un-American and has raised the stakes to the public health and public safety threat.”

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2014/07/illegal_immigrants_flown_to_bay_state

Elspeth
07-18-2014, 01:28 AM
I wonder if the governor even knew if the planes were coming? I have a feeling he did.

I'm almost sure he did. He may have even been told that he was going to take them (no choice).

RobJohnson
07-18-2014, 06:35 AM
I'm almost sure he did. He may have even been told that he was going to take them (no choice).

I agree. It's unfortunate for our cash strapped states that are already facing plenty of economic burdens.

ttomm46
07-18-2014, 01:35 PM
That's not a reason for them to get refugee status. And if you haven't noticed...MS13 has been using the open southern border to move their members into the U.S. not to mention traffic the kids that are coming up here.

What about the parents that left their kids down there and came up here on their own? Why aren't we holding them responsible and reuniting them with their children...IN THEIR HOME COUNTRY?

YOU don't know what it's like either...don't wag your finger at us about those poor children while you sit all comfortable and safe and happy in the U.S. yourself.

If you don't like their plight...do something more than tsk tsk us...go down there and HELP them.

Drug violence has never been a reason to grant refugee or asylum status.

And yet you just used every Liberal talking point in the book to justify letting ALL of them in.

:rolleyes:

And crap like this is why I'll never be suckered into your little "rays of hope" posts where you appear to be changing your mind about political parties.

You just wait until the time is right for another of your knee jerk "Republicans suck" posts like this.

What about communities being forced to take these diseased illegal aliens into their towns and their homes? If I remember correctly when this nation was founded one of the complaints and something that was worked into the founding documents was prevention of the Crown placing troops in peoples houses against their will. This is the exact same kind of thing..only now it's a clear violation of our Constitution.

What about the school districts that are going to be FORCED to accept this flood of illegal aliens into the school systems? Budgets are already thin and now here comes an influx of children equal to the population of Newark New Jersey!

What about the fact that only 50K of the estimated THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND illegals that have flooded the U.S. are children.

Go whine about the eeevil Republicans to the family of the little girl that was molested in Dallas by an illegal that had been deported FOUR TIMES already. I bet your moral equivalency of Republican tax policy to the current immigration situation falls on deaf ears.

We as Americans shouldn't be forced by this administration to live in fear of the increased crime disease and chaos that is the result of one political party attempting to skew the balance of voters in future elections by declaring our Southern border is open and unguarded.

And the American people shouldn't have to be forced to endure a President that refuses to do one of the few specific jobs he is obligated to do by the U.S. Constitution.

The same Liberals like yourself who sit there and say we should be the worlds policeman...we should be trying to fix other nations when we have so many problems here at home are the ones welcoming in an even bigger problem and trying to be the worlds dumping ground for other nations undesirables!

What's the monetary cost of this crap Lanie? We're broke as it is...your fellow Libtards already bitch and moan about how underfunded their precious social welfare programs are...how much more is this gonna cost...how much are YOUR taxes gonna go up to pay for it?

No Libtard open border policies and the politicians on both sides that support them suck.

The Conservative wing of the GOP...is trying to protect this country and the people in it.

Why do you hate your country so much?

Why do you hate those poor children that you claim to care about from these Central and South American countries and support policies that encourage them to be put in danger of sexual abuse...slavery and other horrors just to get here?

Why?
This broad has a few screws out of alignment!!!

RobJohnson
07-23-2014, 08:20 PM
That may be true, but I don’t think we should assume that’s always the case when we don’t have the evidence in front of us. Fox news would make it sound like none of these kids are vaccinated and they’re all diseased when UNICEF and WHO says it’s not so.
Oh, and if you won’t listen to my RINO, then I won’t listen to your Breithart. Sorry.

If all the children showed up vaccinated why did this happen: (not from FOX either, but ABC)

Flu Vaccines Shipped to Lackland to Treat Immigrant Children (http://www.krgv.com/news/flu-vaccines-shipped-to-lackland-to-treat-immigrant-children/)

SAN ANTONIO - Texas is sending 2,000 flu vaccines to Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio.

That's where hundreds of immigrants and unaccompanied children are being held after illegally crossing the border.

CHANNEL 5's Joe Augustine says a child at the base was recently diagnosed with H1N1.

We confirmed the H1N1 case with the Department of Health and Human Services earlier today.

A spokesman in Washington D.C. says a child was recently hospitalized and diagnosed while being held at Lackland Air Force Base.

The child is being monitored and responding to treatment.

The Department of Health and Human Services released a statement to CHANNEL 5 NEW today.

"While this is an isolated case, we are continuing proactive measures to protect public health and closely monitoring all the children at Lackland ..."

We know the department is using an independent contractor to care for those children.

The contractor, BCFS Health and Human Services based in San Antonio, recently requested 2,000 flu vaccines from the Texas Department of Health.

Lanie
07-23-2014, 11:06 PM
If all the children showed up vaccinated why did this happen: (not from FOX either, but ABC)

Flu Vaccines Shipped to Lackland to Treat Immigrant Children (http://www.krgv.com/news/flu-vaccines-shipped-to-lackland-to-treat-immigrant-children/)

IN THEORY, they should be vaccinated. Just like in theory, all of us should be.

Honestly, I think we need to take the fight to the gangs whether they be here or in Honduras. They're monsters. The only way people here or there will be safe will be if these gangs are killed or locked up for good. I'm not saying this out of anger. That's just what we need to do IMO. I think a lot of problems would be solved if they were.

txradioguy
07-24-2014, 04:12 PM

In theory our President should protect our borders to prevent this crap.

Honestly, I think we need to take the fight to the gangs whether they be here or in Honduras. They're monsters. The only way people here or there will be safe will be if these gangs are killed or locked up for good. I'm not saying this out of anger. That's just what we need to do IMO. I think a lot of problems would be solved if they were.

As long as this Administration...and people with the mindset you displayed above refuse to stop what's happening...the gangs will win and Americans will end up losing...their sovereignty, their unique identity and in more and more cases their lives because nothing is being done to even pretend like our borders are being protected from this purposely created "crisis".

Lanie
07-24-2014, 05:21 PM

As long as this Administration...and people with the mindset you displayed above refuse to stop what's happening...the gangs will win and Americans will end up losing...their sovereignty, their unique identity and in more and more cases their lives because nothing is being done to even pretend like our borders are being protected from this purposely created "crisis".

How can you put "crisis" in quotation marks? People are being killed in Honduras and here.

That's why I said to take the fight to the gangs whether they be here or there. I've had enough of these people.

txradioguy
07-25-2014, 02:25 AM
How can you put "crisis" in quotation marks? People are being killed in Honduras and here.

Because it is a "crisis". This is something that's been created by this Administration and their subordinate agency heads to give the open borders crowd what they want.

Violence in Latin America has been going on since the 17th Century if not earlier...this is the first time in the history of our nation it's been used as an excuse for illegal immigrants to come here.

That's why I said to take the fight to the gangs whether they be here or there. I've had enough of these people.

Your Liberal brethren don't even want to fight Islamic Terrorism...what makes you think they want to seriously combat gangs in this country much less in Central and South America?

We already have a task force in Honduras.

It's called JTF Bravo.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Lanie
07-25-2014, 02:43 AM
Because it is a "crisis". This is something that's been created by this Administration and their subordinate agency heads to give the open borders crowd what they want.

Violence in Latin America has been going on since the 17th Century if not earlier...this is the first time in the history of our nation it's been used as an excuse for illegal immigrants to come here.

Well, it does make sense to say that people might want to escape that situation. Violence has been going on in the middle east since the beginning of time and yet people still think they should escape it for some reason. Not sure why.

Your Liberal brethren don't even want to fight Islamic Terrorism...what makes you think they want to seriously combat gangs in this country much less in Central and South America?

Bull. The last I checked my "liberal brethren" wanted to bomb a country for genocide just to punish it. Not to stop more genocide, just to punish them. It's a sad day when Putin has to come to the rescue on anything. Liberals love war as long as they get to control the guns and pull the trigger.

I'm getting too silly. Night.

RobJohnson
07-25-2014, 04:50 AM

I was just replying to your previous national healthcare in Central America comment and your cut and paste charts from UNICEF. :biggrin-new:

RobJohnson
07-25-2014, 04:56 AM

Truth.