PDA

View Full Version : DHS Chief Says It’s Costing Taxpayers $250 To $1,000 Per Day To House Each Illegal

Elspeth
07-17-2014, 09:58 PM
DHS Chief Says It’s Costing Taxpayers $250 To $1,000 Per Day To House Each Illegal Immigrant Minor

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/383005/dhs-tells-senators-250-1000-day-house-each-immigrant-child-joel-gehrke?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson shocked senators of both parties when he revealed that it costs $250 to $1,000 per day to house each of the immigrant children who have recently arrived at the border.

When Johnson reported that figure, “there was an audible gasp, a bipartisan gasp,” Senator Marco Rubio (R., Fla.) told National Review Online.

Senate Budget Committee chairwoman Patty Murray (D., Wash.) wouldn’t comment on the overall cost of housing so far. “It’s in the president’ request,” she said. President Obama asked Congress to provide $1.8 billion to the Department of Health and Human Services “to provide the appropriate care for unaccompanied children, consistent with Federal law, while maintaining services for refugees.”

RobJohnson
07-17-2014, 11:29 PM
“The moral of the story is, turn them around quickly,” McCain told NRO. “Send the message by sending planeloads full of them back to the country they came from, and the parents or whoever who paid the coyotes thousands of dollars to bring them to the United States will think it’s not such a good idea.”

I agree.

Senator Jay Rockefeller (D., W. Va.) wasn’t at the Johnson briefing, but he wasn’t surprised by the figure. “Housing people — it’s just like prisoners,” Rockefeller said. ”Prisoners can be $50,000 a year or more.”

He needs to brush up on his math, the low estimate is 91k a year for housing the illegals and the high end estimate is 365k.

Dlr Pyro
07-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Sheriff Joe Arpaio can house them for a lot less.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

RobJohnson
07-18-2014, 12:52 AM

Truth!

Elspeth
07-18-2014, 01:26 AM

Anyone with a gang background gets pink underwear.