PDA

View Full Version : House passes tax breaks to boost charitable giving

Lanie
07-18-2014, 09:15 AM
I can only find articles related to this from the Associate Press (no matter who is putting it up), and they're lame when it comes to copying and pasting, so here's the link.

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/07/18/house-passes-tax-breaks-to-boost-charitable-giving/

The irony stated is that Republicans are accused of only passing tax breaks for the rich.

RobJohnson
07-19-2014, 06:22 AM
The White House threatened to veto the bill because it would add $16 billion to the budget deficit over the next decade. In a statement, the White House criticized House Republicans for supporting tax breaks that mainly benefit wealthier Americans while refusing to help low-income families by extending unemployment benefits for the long-term unemployed.

The vote was 277-130 to pass the bill. Fifty-six Democrats joined 221 Republicans to vote in favor of the bill.

Why does the White House hate charity? Do they want to be the only source of hand outs? It seems that way.

Unemployment extensions during an election year might buy a lot of votes.

99 weeks of unemployment simply causes people to sit on their ass and not look for a job and refuse to work for a nickel less then they were used to making.....I have seen it first hand and have heard people bragging about the "free ride." The unemployment extension usually includes some type of tax break on the first couple thousand dollars of benefits as well. In Illinois the Unemployment went through a major change a few years ago and it's almost like it's paying a prevailing wage to some recipients that often are supplementing their benefits by working for cash, which is never investigated by the state.

I know how easy it is to find a cash job, and it's getting even easier as the cost of doing business is getting tougher for small business owners. Sometimes the 1099s simply get lost and the income never reported......

I think our biggest cause of unemployment is the White House. We can't drill for oil, we lost the Keystone deal (the pipeline, not the beer) we have corporations that want to move overseas due to heavy regulations, coal is now a dirty word and the coal miners are out of a job and that makes mining towns, ghost towns........

I understand sometimes an unemployment extension is necessary in select areas that are hit really hard all at once, but when it comes to a nation wide extension, they can kiss my hard working under employed ass.

Our charities feed the poor, help the sick, provide abortions, help unemployed families keep the utilities on, provide Christmas gifts for the children, and even help provide meals for families that don't qualify for EBT because they are working full time, but still need a little help to keep things rolling.

Lanie
07-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Why does the White House hate charity? Do they want to be the only source of hand outs? It seems that way.

They don't want the Republicans getting credit for helping the poor. Since when do they care about the budget?

Exactly.

JB
07-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Maybe this will entice Joe ("it's time to be patriotic, time to jump in, time to be part of the deal") Biden to give more than .03 cents a year to charity.

RobJohnson
07-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Maybe this will entice Joe ("it's time to be patriotic, time to jump in, time to be part of the deal") Biden to give more than .03 cents a year to charity.

Good point.