PDA

View Full Version : Obama Offers No Faith Exemption in New Gay Order

RobJohnson
07-19-2014, 02:55 PM
President Barack Obama will sign an executive order on Monday barring federal contractors from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, senior administration officials said.
The White House said last month that Obama would issue the order but declined to give details on its content or the timing of when he would do so.

The order will allow some exemptions for religious groups that are federal contractors but not as much flexibility as the groups had wanted.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obama-federal-discrimination-gays/2014/07/18/id/583611#ixzz37wEZI13f
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Lanie
07-19-2014, 04:12 PM
I can understand the new rule if it's construction, temp work, restaurant work, etc. I wouldn't think your personal life has a lot to do with that.

If it's a religious store, school, or a church on the other hand, that shouldn't be forced.

Big Dog
07-19-2014, 04:31 PM
I can understand the new rule if it's construction, temp work, restaurant work, etc. I wouldn't think your personal life has a lot to do with that.

If it's a religious store, school, or a church on the other hand, that shouldn't be forced.

King Putt, Emperor of Denial's new decree applies only to Federal contractors.

http://itmakessenseblog.com/files/2014/01/obama-pharaoh.jpg
"So let it be written, so let it be done."

Elspeth
07-19-2014, 04:58 PM
This will affect religious universities that take student loan money. It's a disaster for religious education.

What’s Happening To Gordon College Is Just The Beginning
http://thefederalist.com/2014/07/18/whats-happening-to-gordon-college-is-just-the-beginning/

A Christian college in Massachusetts requested the freedom to live out its ideals, and since some powerful people don’t share those ideals they’re set to destroy Gordon College—unless it agrees to retreat to the closet.

In June, Gordon’s president added his name to a public letter asking President Obama to not force religious organizations into hypocrisy. Obama plans an executive order that would be the equivalent to many organizations of forcing Human Rights Campaign to hire adherents of Westboro Baptist Church. It would force anyone who receives federal funds to hire people whose sexual conduct disgraces all the world’s major religions.

Gordon, like every other observant religious institution in the world, does not want to be forced to hire people that represent the opposite of what it stands for. For that, it’s been pilloried in the press and persecuted by apparently every local public official who gets morally high from judging Gordon’s beliefs. It has already lost a contract with a local town to manage its historic town hall, and its accreditation will soon be under review—all for merely signing a letter. Gordon is only the vanguard. There is far more of this ahead, for every religious school, charity, parachurch organization, and even churches. So it’s time to pay attention to the tenderhooks of tyranny....

Back to Gordon College, however. It is now excruciatingly clear we live in a time where some people who have political power are on a crusade against people who, in their view, commit moral thoughtcrime. A religious college loses all reason for existence if it must conform to a diametrically opposite moral code. It makes no sense for a school to hire teachers to teach children, among other things, that sex belongs in marriage between a man an woman, if that very teacher’s actions negate his or her words. Such a teacher must either lie to children, or the school must. (Perhaps the entire goal is to expose children to such forced hypocrisy.) If a religious school cannot act as a religious school, it logically cannot exist. It can only shift its morality to match that of its oppressors, or dissolve.

That may be the point.

noonwitch
07-21-2014, 10:02 AM

The government doesn't contract all that often with religious entities.

The Catholic charities have been accomodating us for years, as foster care agencies-we spell out on each contract "non-interference with contraception".