PDA

View Full Version : Woman grazed by bullet after refusing to give up cell phone

Rockntractor
07-19-2014, 06:26 PM
by Drew Karedes / KHOU 11 News
khou.com
Posted on July 18, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Updated today at 12:57 PM

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas – A 29-year-old woman says she has no regrets about not handing over her cell phone to a would-be-thief.
Courtney had just taken out the trash around 8 p.m. Thursday in the 12900 block of Windfern Road.
She then walked back to her friend’s apartment at the Windfern Meadows complex when an armed man cornered her before she could get inside.
“He was like, hey, let me get that phone,” recalled Courtney. “I was like, I’m not giving you my phone sir. He’s like, I’m going to shoot you, so I put my hands up.”
Courtney crouched to the ground right outside her friend’s door and braced for the worst.
“I looked down the barrel and was like no please don’t shoot me,” explained Courtney. “It was like a pop.”
The bullet grazed Courtney’s head, and she wasn’t willing to be at shot at again.
Her friend opened the door after hearing the shot, and Courtney stumbled inside. Before they could close the door, the man tried to push his way in.
“We were both pushing on the door trying to shut it. He got it open this much,” said friend Jennifer Pauley. “We pushed it as hard as we could and locked these locks as fast as we could.”
Pauley’s 6-year-old granddaughter was also inside the apartment. There was no way she was letting the man inside.
“I’m scared to death,” said Pauley. “I don’t feel safe anymore.”
Moe>http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Cypress-woman-grazed-by-bullet-after-refusing-to-give-up-cell-phone-267748651.html
They didn't say what kind of phone.

JB
07-19-2014, 07:05 PM
WTF. She took her phone with her to take out the trash. People are entirely too connected to their devices. That thief was doing her a favor by trying to steal it from her.

RobJohnson
07-19-2014, 10:52 PM
If someone has a gun and wants my phone when I'm taking out the trash, they can have the phone.

Rockntractor
07-19-2014, 11:24 PM
We need a Smith&Wesson app

RobJohnson
07-19-2014, 11:36 PM

I live out in the middle of no where. I'm usually not even dressed when I take my trash out.

Apache
07-20-2014, 12:28 AM
I live out in the middle of no where. I'm usually not even dressed when I take my trash out.

mental picture.... brain bleach!!!!!! :cold:

:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Lanie
07-20-2014, 01:27 AM

You need to write LG and Samsung with those ideas right away. I bet they can make it happen.

RobJohnson
07-20-2014, 05:16 AM
mental picture.... brain bleach!!!!!! :cold:

:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Boxer briefs and T shirt are my common attire.

The neighbor lady next door, who is not really all that visible due to her front yard mesquite forest is often outside in her bath robe at 4 AM with her dogs when I'm out watering the plants and trees. I'm sure more then once she has seen me naturally hydrating the soil.

Speaking of, I hear the dogs going nuts, I better go outside and see what is going on.

RobJohnson
07-20-2014, 05:50 AM
Usually they do not have their dogs out this late (3) and something had them spooked. I don't mind them barking as that is my alarm system. :biggrin-new

I sure did not see anything, not even a feral cat or rabbit.

It's really nice outside. It's about 76 and no humidity. I have a nice cross breeze through my home with a the help of a fan and a portable swamp cooler. I have not been running the a/c at night, I'm frugal like that. Well there is on a/c on my meter that runs 24/7 but that is my rental unit and I want her to be comfortable.

linda22003
07-21-2014, 09:50 AM
I'll never be a target for this kind of crime. I check my phone at home once a week or so, and no one is going to hold me up for a five year old 3G flip phone.

Rockntractor
07-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Boxer briefs and T shirt are my common attire.

The neighbor lady next door, who is not really all that visible due to her front yard mesquite forest is often outside in her bath robe at 4 AM with her dogs when I'm out watering the plants and trees. I'm sure more then once she has seen me naturally hydrating the soil.

Speaking of, I hear the dogs going nuts, I better go outside and see what is going on.

http://i.imgur.com/A6RDoWm.gif

noonwitch
07-21-2014, 02:13 PM
I'll never be a target for this kind of crime. I check my phone at home once a week or so, and no one is going to hold me up for a five year old 3G flip phone.

Same here. I have a 7 year old Nextel/AT&T GoPHone (pay as you go). If they want my employer-issued iphone and are holding a gun at me, they can have it. It's not the most recent model and it's not my personal property.