PDA

View Full Version : IRS Chief Confirms Investigators Have Found Backup Tapes Of Lerner’s Emails

Elspeth
07-23-2014, 02:48 PM
IRS Chief Confirms Investigators Have Found Backup Tapes Of Lerner’s Emails, Previously Testified They Didn’t Exist
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/23/tale-tapes-irs-head-confirms-investigators-have-found-backup-tapes-in-lerner/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn

The head of the IRS confirmed Wednesday that investigators looking into missing emails from ex-agency official Lois Lerner have found and are reviewing “backup tapes” — despite earlier IRS claims that the tapes had been recycled.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, testifying before a House oversight subcommittee, stressed that he does not know “how they found them” or “whether there’s anything on them or not.” But he said the inspector general’s office advised him they are reviewing tapes to see if they contain any “recoverable” material.

The revelation is significant because the IRS claimed, when the agency first told Congress about the missing emails, that backup tapes “no longer exist because they have been recycled.”

It is unclear whether the tapes in IG custody contain any Lerner emails, but Koskinen said investigators are now checking.

Dlr Pyro
07-23-2014, 04:44 PM
And we will soon hear that in the process of reviewing the back up tapes, the tapes themselves have crashed.

Elspeth
07-23-2014, 05:18 PM
And we will soon hear that in the process of reviewing the back up tapes, the tapes themselves have crashed.

The tapes will be found dead in Rock Creek Park next to a revolver. The verdict of the Park Police will be suicide.

Apocalypse
07-23-2014, 05:26 PM
The tapes will be of earlier emails not related to her time in the IRS.

If they are the ones we seek, we will never see them.

marv
07-23-2014, 05:56 PM
The tapes will be of earlier emails not related to her time in the IRS.

If they are the ones we seek, we will never see them.

Agreed...I would be surprised otherwise.

jediab
07-24-2014, 10:22 AM
Lerner will then testify that she did not have sexual relations with those tapes.

RobJohnson
07-24-2014, 01:02 PM
I have faith that President Obama will get to the bottom of this fake scandal.

Apocalypse
07-24-2014, 01:39 PM
I have faith that President Obama will get to the bottom of this fake scandal.
He can't. He's too busy investigating the scandal of golf courses being rigged agaisnt Golfers.

jinxmchue
07-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Rush had a good discussion with two (I think two) techies today about this topic. They said that those emails have to be somewhere and that it's utterly meaningless that laptops got "recycled" after "crashing." There are servers that should have this information on them. By law, there has to be a record of every single email anyone in the government sends out on government computers.

Retread
07-24-2014, 06:41 PM
He can't. He's too busy investigating the scandal of golf courses being rigged against black Golfers.

Fixd

Dori
07-24-2014, 07:47 PM
The tapes will be found to have 18 minutes missing.

Are they really tapes or just a back-up hard drive?