PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi: Dems Must “Use This Crisis” On Border To Pass Immigration Reform

Elspeth
07-24-2014, 09:06 PM
If you didn't believe before that this crisis was manufactured for a reason....

Nancy Pelosi: Dems Must “Use This Crisis” On Border To Pass Immigration Reform
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/383639/nancy-pelosi-border-use-crisis-pass-immigration-reform-joel-gehrke

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) wants Democrats to “use this crisis” on the border to pass comprehensive immigration legislation — just as immigration hawks fear they’ll do.

“The most important thing that we can do to use this crisis as an opportunity is to pass comprehensive immigration reform,” Pelosi told reporters in Texas while discussing the border crisis. Of the House Republican Working Group’s proposal, she said she needed to see “what the amount is, hopefully with no offsets, hopefully with no language that changes immigration.”....

Rick
07-24-2014, 11:55 PM
I wonder how many old school Democrats are embarrassed to death by Nancy. I wish the
current bunch knew how to take out their own garbage, that brain case really needs to go.
When she says "comprehensive reform", she means "full blown amnesty", with no strings.

Never let a crisis go to waste. They get a lot of mileage out of that. How about avoiding the
"crisis" to begin with? They don't have what it takes, and aren't worthy of the positions they
hold.

Here's an idea, lets start enforcing the laws already in the books.

Close the border, like the LAW (and common sense) dictate. Then deport the illegals,
like the LAW dictates.

Then if anybody wants to come in the front door, do it right, and earn it - fine, no prob.

I'm with the "nothing happens until the border is secure first" bunch. And I don't mean
tell us they'll secure the borders, DO SO. Then remove those here illegally. Then we'll
talk about whatever else.

Dori
07-25-2014, 12:12 AM
I'm with the "nothing happens until the border is secure first" bunch. And I don't mean
tell us they'll secure the borders, DO SO. Then remove those here illegally. Then we'll
talk about whatever else.

I think that's the position of most conservatives. After Obamacare, I have no patience with anything "comprehensive" coming out of congress. Any new immigration reform needs to be done one step, one law, one bill at a time. But nothing gets done until the border is shut down, and for a sustained period of time.

SarasotaRepub
07-25-2014, 12:26 AM
Sickening.

Rick
07-25-2014, 12:31 AM
I'm in complete agreement. One thing / step at a time.

These two and three thousand page bills border on lunacy, and make
it nearly impossible to comprehend in a legal sense. Let alone what
they can 'hide' in there.

It should be law that those bills in their entirety have to be posted
publically, but they'll never do it.

Then there's the issue of who actually read it before they voted on it.

With the whopper O'care is, I can only imagine how bad of screwin' we'd
be in for with a 3000 page, liberal written amnesty bill.

Dlr Pyro
07-25-2014, 12:42 AM
This "crisis" we are seeing is just a sneak preview of what we would see if a "comprehensive" immigration bill was to pass.

The government has proven they can't be trusted to enforce our existing immigration laws. Why should we trust them to make the immigration problem better when we all know any new legislation would make the problem much worse.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Rick
07-25-2014, 12:52 AM
Exactly, well said.

NJCardFan
07-25-2014, 01:31 AM
Of the House Republican Working Group’s proposal, she said she needed to see “what the amount is, hopefully with no offsets, hopefully with no language that changes immigration.”....

You didn't seem to think we needed to see what was in the ACA before it was passed so we don't need to see what's in the immigration bill before it's passed. Tit for tat IMO.

DumbAss Tanker
07-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Saner people have said, correctly, that this manufactured crisis has killed any chance of that 'Comprehensive immigration reform' for the duration of this Congress.

MstrBlue
07-25-2014, 11:33 AM
You didn't seem to think we needed to see what was in the ACA before it was passed so we don't need to see what's in the immigration bill before it's passed. Tit for tat IMO.

More to the point, they had their chance for carte blanche with the ACA.
We cannot allow them another blank check for immigration 'reform'!

Hey, Nancy, Here is an idea for immigration reform....
SEAL THE BORDER!
ENFORCE THE LAWS ALREADY ON THE BOOKS!

Dori
07-25-2014, 11:52 AM
More to the point, they had their chance for carte blanche with the ACA.
We cannot allow them another blank check for immigration 'reform'!

No Republicans voted for the ACA. The reason it did pass was because the Democrats had both the House and the Senate.

About the only thing R's can do now is keep the D's from causing anymore damage. Reid has over 340 House bills stacked on his desk and he has no intention of bringing any of them up for a discussion let alone a vote.

The congress is pretty much in a stalemate.