PDA

View Full Version : Mexico Complains About Texas Sending National Guard Troops To The Border

Elspeth
07-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Mexico Complains About Texas Sending National Guard Troops To The Border
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2014/07/22/mexico-concerned-about-texas-plan-to-deploy-national-guard-on-border/

The Mexican government on Tuesday expressed its "concern" over the decision by Texas authorities to send 1,000 National Guard troops to the border to help stem the massive arrival of undocumented child migrants from Central America.

"Attention to the immigration phenomenon must be paid from a long-term regional perspective and based on the principles of good neighborliness and shared responsibility," the Foreign Relations Secretariat said in a statement.

"The strategy for responding in an effective and humane manner to this phenomenon includes the necessary shared responsibility among the countries of origin, transit and destination of migration flows," the statement continued.

The secretariat declared its commitment to the protection of the migrants' human rights and the orchestration of "specific actions directed at the most vulnerable, including unaccompanied children and teenagers."

The secretariat emphasized that Mexico had opted for a strategy favoring dialogue and cooperation, and it is working "with the countries of Central America to improve conditions in the medium and long term that contribute to the development of that region and strengthen its prosperity."

More than 57,000 unaccompanied immigrant minors have entered the United States via the border with Mexico over the past 10 months, most of them coming from Central America, a situation that has spurred the governments of the region to try and halt what has been described as a humanitarian crisis. EFE

JB
07-24-2014, 09:14 PM
The secretariat declared its commitment to the protection of the migrants' human rightsGood grief, did he actually use that term with a straight face.

Dear Mexico...Shut the F up. Thank you.

RobJohnson
07-24-2014, 09:55 PM
Dear Mexico...Shut the F up. Thank you.

I agree.

Dori
07-24-2014, 10:01 PM
They sure have their nerve. They flood our country with illegals of all stripes and allow drugs to get through, a huge part of their economy is from illegals working here sending money home to Mexico and now they have the nerve to scold us? While they aren't protecting the civil rights of our Marine still in their jail?

I so wished I was Queen for a month. Mexico would change their tune fast.

SaintLouieWoman
07-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Just another of so many reasons to boycott Mexico and put the economic squeeze on them. And they should send our Sgt. home. BTW what is our beloved leader doing to help that young man?

SVPete
07-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Mexico is "concerned"? The country through which the illegals travel for many hundreds of mile is "concerned"? That means Texas should double or treble the National Guard contingent, if possible! Maybe include some Cobras or Warthogs if they have them.

NJCardFan
07-25-2014, 01:21 AM
Just another of so many reasons to boycott Mexico and put the economic squeeze on them. And they should send our Sgt. home. BTW what is our beloved leader doing to help that young man?

He's not black so he's doing nothing for him.

noonwitch
07-25-2014, 02:15 PM

That's what I was thinking-send our guy home, then maybe we'll talk. Maybe.

american patriot
07-25-2014, 06:10 PM
I hope the TxNG get in some good shooting.

Lanie
07-25-2014, 06:31 PM
I hope the TxNG get in some good shooting.

It's one thing to want protection. To want shooting is pretty crappy.