PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson Will Not be Indicted for Mike Brown Killing

Apocalypse
10-29-2014, 11:15 AM
Two sources say that hacker collective Anonymous have discovered that the police officer who shot and killed teenager Mike Brown (http://ibt.uk/A00681V) will not face any charges from the incident.

In a tweet published on Monday morning, 27 October, the@OpFerguson Twitter account (https://twitter.com/OpFerguson), which has been coordinating the hacktivist group's campaign since the controversial shooting on 9 August, said:

LEAKED: Based on 2 reliable confidential sources we now confirm an imminent announcement that the Grand Jury will NOT indict Darren Wilson.

The account followed up the initial tweet with several others, discussing the source of the leaks, and how certain they are of thevalidity of what they have been told: "We have been receiving very reliable leaks (https://twitter.com/OpFerguson/status/526535403734462464) on this for several days. As we have always done, we chose to wait until we were sure. We are."The hacktivists went further, claiming that one of the sources of their information was a government official who has had access to the internal communications of the police:

Officially, no decision has been made yet as to whether or not Officer Wilson will be indicted in connection with the shooting, with a grand jury not set to decide until 7 January.

According to @OpFerguson, their sources suggest an official announcement will be within the next two weeks.

Such an announcement would likely lead to a revival of angry protests by people in Ferguson, similar to those which led to the National Guard being deployed.

According to the sources speaking to Anonymous, "virtually every local police agency as well as the National Guard and all local jails are on high alert (https://twitter.com/OpFerguson/status/526532922413559808)" ahead of the official announcement.Last week an official autopsy report into the shooting was leaked online (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/leaked-mike-brown-autopsy-could-spark-renewed-protests-ferguson-1471176). It stated that Officer Wilson shot Brown six times at close range, as the teenager ran towards him.

An accompanying toxicology report also reveals that Brown was under the influence of marijuana at the time of the incident.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/anonymous-claims-ferguson-police-officer-darren-wilson-will-not-be-indicted-mike-brown-killing-1471910

alleycat
10-29-2014, 11:51 AM
I read a News item on Yahoo or somewhere that Darren Wilson has disappeared from where he lived. This is probably a good move especially if he is not indicted. He will need to keep a very low profile. The Media will hound him forever same as they have with Zimmerman who does not seem to have common sense enough to stay out of their way. The more I see progressives the more contempt I have for them.

SVPete
10-29-2014, 12:27 PM
I find myself in the odd position of hoping the annoymorous Anonymous is correct.

thundley4
10-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Will they announce their findings before or after the elections next week?

Retread
10-29-2014, 05:18 PM

After of course.

RobJohnson
10-29-2014, 09:10 PM

:biggrin-new:

I agree with Retread.

Adam Wood
10-29-2014, 11:13 PM
Given that these are the same dimwits who got the cop's name wrong before (http://hiphopwired.com/2014/08/14/anonymous-hackers-threaten-ferguson-police-reveal-mike-browns-shooter-photos/), I don't have a whole lot of faith in their pronouncements.

Personally, after looking at the publicly available evidence, I suspect that there will be no true bill. At the same time, I'm still not 100% convinced that this was a good shoot, and I won't be surprised with the grand jury returning an indictment, either.

IF it was a bad shoot, then I don't think that it was Wilson being some racist bastard out to kill Black people or anything like that. I think that if it's a bad shoot, then it's almost certainly a bad choice in a panicked situation, not some act of malice.

Apocalypse
10-29-2014, 11:21 PM
Public Announcement to be made on the 10th. Thou the verdict I believe will be made on the 8th. They likely want the 2 day wait to prep for any riot.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if found innocent. Look at whats been leaked so far. All reports prove Brown was attacking. Not running, hiding or hands up. No history of racism. Clean back ground. Nothing to prove history of intent.

thundley4
10-30-2014, 12:17 AM
Public Announcement to be made on the 10th. Thou the verdict I believe will be made on the 8th. They likely want the 2 day wait to prep for any riot.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if found innocent. Look at whats been leaked so far. All reports prove Brown was attacking. Not running, hiding or hands up. No history of racism. Clean back ground. Nothing to prove history of intent.

The race pimps are spreading lies and half-truths. If no indictment comes back, St. Louis burns.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025733661

[quote]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bxvxf0sCMAA_9Xn.png

SVPete
10-30-2014, 09:20 AM
With sympathy for SLW, my opinion is that there will be riots, arson, and looting regardless of the verdict. Unless the police are able to squash it.

RobJohnson
10-30-2014, 09:43 AM
With sympathy for SLW, my opinion is that there will be riots, arson, and looting regardless of the verdict. Unless the police are able to squash it.

I'm afraid you are right. I know several people that have recently moved out of St. Louis and its suburbs. One family seen the handwriting on the wall prior to the Ferguson deal...and are very thankful they relocated when they did.

Lanie
10-30-2014, 09:53 AM

Back during the Rodney King days, the President got the federal government so squash it. I don't see Obama doing this.

RobJohnson
10-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Back during the Rodney King days, the President got the federal government so squash it. I don't see Obama doing this.

One problem is a lot of the small businesses in that area are owned by black families. That makes the situation even more sad.

alleycat
10-30-2014, 10:10 AM
One problem is a lot of the small businesses in that area are owned by black families. That makes the situation even more sad. I disagree. The reason that the trouble makers are there is because the so called "good ones" and the black business people allow them to be there. The blacks allow the problem blacks to cause trouble and do drugs and raise hell. No sadness from me.

RobJohnson
10-30-2014, 10:16 AM
I disagree. The reason that the trouble makers are there is because the so called "good ones" and the black business people allow them to be there. The blacks allow the problem blacks to cause trouble and do drugs and raise hell. No sadness from me.

I did not know someone needed another person's permission to use drugs and raise hell, no matter what race. Up to this point the "good guys" have not had much luck in taking out the trash, every time they try, roadblocks are put up by our huge government. The trash is protected.

Apache
10-31-2014, 12:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnphh_e3xWM

Retread
10-31-2014, 10:03 AM
Thank you Apache. I haven't thought of that broadcast for some decades but seeing the presentation brought back the memory of the proud look in my Dad's eyes any time he heard it.

Lanie
10-31-2014, 10:12 AM
One problem is a lot of the small businesses in that area are owned by black families. That makes the situation even more sad.

They're not even for black people. They're for a particular type of black person. All the rest are traitors to them.

NJCardFan
10-31-2014, 10:27 AM

That's because he's for it.

Elspeth
11-01-2014, 12:28 AM
The Washington Post had an article today:

Federal civil rights charges unlikely against police officer in Ferguson shooting
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/federal-civil-rights-charges-unlikely-against-police-officer-in-ferguson-shooting/2014/10/31/56189d80-6055-11e4-8b9e-2ccdac31a031_story.html?wpisrc=al_national

Justice Department investigators have all but concluded they do not have a strong enough case to bring civil rights charges against Darren Wilson, the white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Mo., law enforcement officials said.

When racial tension boiled over in Ferguson after the Aug. 9 shooting, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. traveled to the St. Louis suburb to meet with city leaders and protest organizers in an effort to bring calm. He assured them that the federal government would open a civil rights investigation into the fatal shooting of Michael Brown. But that investigation now seems unlikely to result in any charges.

“The evidence at this point does not support civil rights charges against Officer Wilson,” said one person briefed on the investigation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case.

Justice Department officials are loath to acknowledge publicly that their case cannot now meet the high legal threshold for a successful civil rights prosecution. The timing is sensitive: Tensions are high in greater St. Louis as people await the results of a grand jury’s review of the case.

Many supporters of Brown say they are already convinced there will be no state-level indictment of the officer. Federal officials have wanted to show that they are conducting a full and fair review of the case....

SVPete
11-01-2014, 11:13 AM
The Washington Post had an article today:

Federal civil rights charges unlikely against police officer in Ferguson shooting
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/federal-civil-rights-charges-unlikely-against-police-officer-in-ferguson-shooting/2014/10/31/56189d80-6055-11e4-8b9e-2ccdac31a031_story.html?wpisrc=al_national

Justice Department investigators have all but concluded they do not have a strong enough case to bring civil rights charges against Darren Wilson, the white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Mo., law enforcement officials said.
“The evidence at this point does not support civil rights charges against Officer Wilson,” said one person briefed on the investigation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case.

Yeah, the evidence that Brown attacked Wilson, that Brown was not shot in the back, that Brown did not have his arms raised in surrender, and that Brown was probably charging Wilson when Wilson shot him makes charging Wilson with anything kind of difficult. For the local prosecutor, trying a high-profile case that is an almost foredoomed failure could be almost career-ending. OTOH, the chances of any Federal case coming to trial before Obama and Holder are out of office are extremely low, and I don't think the next administration - D or R - will be enthused to prosecute a case that is so flimsy.

NJCardFan
11-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Yeah, the evidence that Brown attacked Wilson, that Brown was not shot in the back, that Brown did not have his arms raised in surrender, and that Brown was probably charging Wilson when Wilson shot him makes charging Wilson with anything kind of difficult. For the local prosecutor, trying a high-profile case that is an almost foredoomed failure could be almost career-ending. OTOH, the chances of any Federal case coming to trial before Obama and Holder are out of office are extremely low, and I don't think the next administration - D or R - will be enthused to prosecute a case that is so flimsy.

Unlike the Rodney King case which was caught on video, this case has to rely on the forensic evidence and eyewitness testimony and considering that many blacks have been supporting Wilson's testimony and that the evidence also backs him up(as Gil Grissom was always fond of saying, the evidence never lies), trying him will be a waste of taxpayer money and would be look at what it is and that's a political lynching. The sad thing is, Ofc. Wilson's career is over. If he goes back on the street he will be murdered. He'll have to move now as well. All because a bunch of animals don't know how to act.

SaintLouieWoman
11-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Don't think they'll be around to squash it. Sounds like they've almost gotten a stand down order from the higher-ups. Heard from a friend in STL about gun sales up drastically, everyone very nervous.

Here's a message I had forwarded by someone who had been with the STL County Police Dept for years, sent by an ex-cop who now owns a private detective biz. Chilling stuff.

: "A Safety Message For Civilians"

A consensus of reasonably well-informed opinion has it that the the anticipated release date of the Grand Jury finding in the Mike Brown case is on/about Monday 10 November, probably after 2PM.

National Guard, Army Reserve, FEMA and other federal agencies are deploying additional people to the St. Louis metro area in the two-three day period just prior to Monday 10 November. There does not appear, however, to be a sufficient degree of coordination among federal, state and local authorities to display a meaningful degree of learning from the race riots in Los Angeles or Cincinnati.

Local police are telling their friends and family that they'll have to be ready to be on their own for a period of several days after the Grand Jury finding in the Mike Brown case has been released. Meanwhile, as municipal leaders have been essentially silent on the subject, I know several police officers who are not only asking their wives to stay home from work and their children to skip school, but they are also getting their families out of town to the homes of relatives or to weekend places, farms, cottages at the lake, etc. This may or may not turn out to have been an over-abundance of caution, but it's wise to be aware that these measures are being taken privately as we see little meaningful advance preparation on the part of authorities.

A great many police officers are disgusted with the lack of advance preparation, and word is beginning to leak past police friends and family. Last night a message thread approved by message board moderators was posted on St. Louis Cop Talk (see below) warning citizens to be prepared to take care of themselves.

Mayor Slay has not said anything about readiness preparations for the coming lawlessness, but he did find time to complain to the media about a lawful assembly of open-carry advocates for whom no police presence was required and during which there was no violence or law-breaking of any kind. It should be clear that many elected and appointed officials are essentially trying to be neutral parties rather than siding with the law-abiding against the lawless.

Police are expecting to be overwhelmed by the coming Fergustan troubles no matter what precautions they take. Have heard from several SLMPD officers that commanders have been planning triage approach to an expected flood of calls for service from citizens in the wake of violence stemming from the release of Grand Jury information in the Mike Brown case. The word has gone out that police will not be responding to a number of types of calls that would ordinarily bring police response.
Squad leaders have been telling their officers not to do anything pro-active and to stay safe. The theme among working cops has been primarily maintaining officer safety. The New Black Panthers have promised to kill police officers and intel suggests a primary enemy tactic will be to lure responding officers into ambush kill zones via calls for emergency service. Lawful protest activities will be used as cover for a large number of violent crimes, including not only the expected looting and arson but also score-settling among tribal rivals, robberies, burglaries and other crimes of opportunity. There are elements that are out to destabilize society, and there are many street gang crews and common criminals who will seize the opportunity to take advantage of the anarchy. Finally, a heightened threat of Islamic terror attack is anticipated during this period of chaos when emergency response capabilities have been stretched beyond capacity.

Violence is anticipated to be widespread and essentially beyond their ability to get under control without military assistance. A period of 96 hours or so of anarchy and lawlessness without consequence seems to be a consensus expectation, beginning approximately 4 hours after the Grand Jury finding has been released. If that comes to pass, the worst of the trouble will probably not be the first night, but more likely about 48 to 72 hours later, with sporadic flare-ups throughout.

Intel suggests the violence-prone elements intend to use the lawful protesters as human shields. A body count is expected among all parties. For weeks, the enemy has been arming, recruiting people, bringing in reinforcement agitators from outside the region, laying in supplies, getting safe-houses and fall-back positions in place, and the target selection process has been underway -- scouting, probes and recon-by-force activities have been detected in far south and southwest St. Louis county as well as west of the Missouri River in St. Charles City and County. Gun stores, cell phone stores, and banks in particular seem to be high on the threat list (that makes sense, since it takes weapons, ammunition, communications gear and money to fuel a revolution)

Understand that the threat profile is dissimilar from anything that authorities in this area have ever faced before, and that few in office understand the complete ramifications of that fact. No public leader at the federal, state, or local level has been able to get out in front of this situation, and all agencies are in a defensive posture, both from a tactical perspective as well as a political perspective. That means
emergency services can only react and will not be able to mount any kind of effective counter-response.

It is viewed too often as a PITA if not the enemy on the part of the authorities. We'll likely see official under-reaction followed by panicky over-reactions, in which curfews, road blocks and other extraordinary measures will have the effect of causing harm to law-abiding citizens as authorities try to "restore order." This is the pattern seen before in similar events elsewhere and because authorities here are behaving in a manner virtually identical to the authorities in those other events, outcomes will be similar.

Here is the thread from St. Louis Cop Talk:

A Safety Message for Civilians

Posted by A Concerned Cop on 10/26/2014, 8:29 pm

If you don't have a gun, get one and get one soon. We will not be able to protect you or your family. It will be your responsibility to protect them. Our gutless commanders and politicians have neutered us. I'm serious, get a gun, get more than one, and keep one with you at all times.

Re: A Safety Message for Civilians
Posted by The Moderators on 10/26/2014, 8:33 pm, in reply to "A Safety Message for Civilians (wlmailhtml:{4390E020-0453-4091-B236-BB9A1551215F}mid://00000325/!x-usc:http://members.boardhost.com/stlouiscoptalk/msg/1414373341.html)"

We agree with and approve this message.

Do not take any unnecessary risks. Plan to alter your work and transit routines. Stock up on essentials now. Plan for both sheltering in place and for evacuating. Set a mental trigger for when you will try to get out so you don't wait too long as most people do in such situations, finding themselves unable to get out. Know where you will go and by what set of alternate routes. Avoid the main pathways, as they will likely be clogged and scenes of violence themselves. Anticipate that there will be crowded and lines at the stores and bare shelves, much as though a hurricane were coming.

Avoid trouble. If trouble comes to you anyway, be prepared to engage it and understand that you will be on your own. You will be your own first responder, and there is virtually no liklihood of timely backup from authorities who will be too busy trying to protect themselves to come protect you.

SVPete
11-01-2014, 03:10 PM
Very chilling, SLW, but this caught my eye:

... scouting, probes and recon-by-force activities have been detected in far south and southwest St. Louis county as well as west of the Missouri River in St. Charles City and County.

I don't think I've spent 24 hours in MO across my entire life, but I know St. Louis and St. Charles are on the Mississippi River (I had to check the latter city), not the Missouri. It may be a Malaprop, or it may be a hint that some one was trolling.

SaintLouieWoman
11-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Very chilling, SLW, but this caught my eye:

I don't think I've spent 24 hours in MO across my entire life, but I know St. Louis and St. Charles are on the Mississippi River (I had to check the latter city), not the Missouri. It may be a Malaprop, or it may be a hint that some one was trolling.

St Charles is on the Missouri River, near the confluence of the 2 mighty rivers. This wasn't an internet thing, but something passed from one cop to another, an internal memo of sorts.

What's disconcerting is their targeting SW St Louis County and St Charles city and county. These are the areas of white flight, where many St Louisans fled after the blacks started moving west. If they go there, it's a deliberate in your face and stirring the pot big time. Some of the folks out there won't take kindly to the invasion of out of town troublemakers and it could get really hot very quickly.

Not good.

RobJohnson
11-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Don't think they'll be around to squash it. Sounds like they've almost gotten a stand down order from the higher-ups. Heard from a friend in STL about gun sales up drastically, everyone very nervous.

Here's a message I had forwarded by someone who had been with the STL County Police Dept for years, sent by an ex-cop who now owns a private detective biz. Chilling stuff.

Wow, the residents of St Louis need our prayers! Scary stuff.