PDA

View Full Version : Mccain Defends The Plumber

LogansPapa
10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
REMARKS IN MIAMI, FL
Fri Oct 17 2008 13:45:02 ET

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20081017/capt.cps.nxs74.171008125822.photo00.photo.default-512x341.jpg?x=400&y=266&q=85&sig=OsLxgi2MeFLS40N05KPCJg--

"Senator Obama says that he wanted to spread your wealth around. When politicians talk about taking your money and spreading it around, you'd better hold onto your wallet. Senator Obama claims that wants to give a tax break to the middle class, but not only did he vote for higher taxes on the middle class in the Senate, his plan gives away your tax dollars to those who don't pay taxes."

"That's not a tax cut, that's welfare. America didn't become the greatest nation on earth by redistributing wealth; we became the greatest nation by creating new wealth."

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1mm.htm

Linda50AZ
10-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Thats right, and the people with money are pulling it out and getting it out of the reach of Obama.

Why hasn't Obama spread his wealth around? Let him be as generous with his own money as he wants to be with taxpayers money.

lacarnut
10-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Thats right, and the people with money are pulling it out and getting it out of the reach of Obama.

Why hasn't Obama spread his wealth around? Let him be as generous with his own money as he wants to be with taxpayers money.

Yep, he is as miserly with his money regarding charitable giving as most of your wacky wacko left wing liberals and elitist snobs.

Odysseus
10-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Yep, he is as miserly with his money regarding charitable giving as most of your wacky wacko left wing liberals and elitist snobs.

Just like having a "social conscience" frees liberals from the requirements of having a real conscience, spending other people's money on feel-good programs frees them from the requirement of spending their own.

AmPat
10-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Just like having a "social conscience" frees liberals from the requirements of having a real conscience, spending other people's money on feel-good programs frees them from the requirement of spending their own.
The people who give generously (mostly the hated Christians and Conservatives) will be forced to fund feel good programs leaving less for charitable donations. More money was freely given to (insert disaster here) the Katrina disaster by individual donations than government.

super king
10-22-2008, 12:33 PM

He will be. He is a tax payer himself.

AmPat
10-22-2008, 02:03 PM
I smell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,TROLL!:eek::cool:

Zathras
10-24-2008, 04:16 AM
The Runner is a moving, sincere Age of Conan Gold (http://www.mmonice.com/) piece of art. Despite that, most audiences might not have even noticed that it went through the theaters like a desert breeze. It’s made a modest showing internationally, and pulled in $15.4 million in its limited Age of Conan Power Leveling (http://www.mmonice.com/) US release. Critics, however, remained mixed, although most of the negative reviews placed the film up against the poetic genius of its source material ?C the best selling novel by Khaled Hosseini.

Hey idiot...does it look like anyone here plays that POS game Conan? And even if someone here does, do you think they're stupid to pay some ChiCom fucktard real money for fake money?

marinejcksn
10-24-2008, 04:42 AM
Mark Levin said yesterday that it's reported Joe is out of work now because of this. Anyone know if there is truth to this account? I know that there was one poster on here who says he knows Joe personally, I'll be disgusted to hear that their smear campaign against this poor guy cost him work now too.

Eyelids
10-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Mark Levin said yesterday that it's reported Joe is out of work now because of this. Anyone know if there is truth to this account? I know that there was one poster on here who says he knows Joe personally, I'll be disgusted to hear that their smear campaign against this poor guy cost him work now too.

It was not the Democrats who turned him into a national figure. Personally, I couldn't care less about Joe the Plumber and his bullshit story.

Zathras
10-24-2008, 03:57 PM
It was not the Democrats who turned him into a national figure. Personally, I couldn't care less about Joe the Plumber and his bullshit story.

Yeah, I can understand why a lazy little turd like you would hate a hard working American.

AmPat
10-24-2008, 05:31 PM

****DIM/LIB Mode*****:
We need CHANGE. The American people need CHANGE! Normal hardworking American people are STRUGGLING! These people cannot stand another 4 years of Bush policies. We care SOOOOOOO much for the little people and the Repubs have been hurting you poor people for years. We DIMS/LIBS LOOOOOVE you! Except when you say something we don't like. ****** Mode Off*****:rolleyes:

Eyelids
10-24-2008, 05:46 PM
AmPat, you're really stupid.

Sonnabend
10-24-2008, 05:48 PM

Pot, this is kettle, do you read me, over.

Zathras
10-24-2008, 06:15 PM

Compaired to you Blinky, AmPat's a rocket scientist.

AmPat
10-25-2008, 07:16 AM

See, case closed. I said something you didn't like and presto bamo, you call me stupid. I'm so stupid that I depend on nobody. You are a wet behind the ears, nosewipe. When you establish some bonafides of your own, you can have an opinion. Until then kindly shut up.:cool:

Sonnabend
10-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Liberal tactic: "you're stupid."

Our tactic: facts.

Lanie
10-26-2008, 10:49 PM
There's nothing wrong with welfare as long as the recipient is working to get a job. I support McCain's ideas of training people. Between this and the fact that his healthcare plan only benefits the middle class and the rich, I honestly am wondering if he doesn't have contempt for the poor.

Odysseus
10-27-2008, 08:41 AM
There's nothing wrong with welfare as long as the recipient is working to get a job. I support McCain's ideas of training people. Between this and the fact that his healthcare plan only benefits the middle class and the rich, I honestly am wondering if he doesn't have contempt for the poor.

I'd say that to find real contempt for the poor, you have to go to the Democrats, who want to keep them in perpetual thrall to social services instead of making them self-sufficient. McCain's healthcare plan benefits people who work for a living, which, as you pointed out, are the rich and the middle class, but also includes the working poor, who will be more likely to be able to afford insurance as the costs drop.

LogansPapa
10-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Without the poor to draw from, the favorite pass-time of every Republican administration, military intervention in minor foreign countries, wouldn’t be possible. That is how Republicans put the poor to work.

Odysseus
10-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Without the poor to draw from, the favorite pass-time of every Republican administration, military intervention in minor foreign countries, wouldn’t be possible. That is how Republicans put the poor to work.

Yeah, we're just a bunch of poor white trash and minority kids. I'm amazed that we even passed the ASVAB. :rolleyes:

In fact, the vast majority of us come from the middle class, mostly because the rich won't serve and the poor don't have the skills to join up. The ones who do come from the poorest strata tend to be the most motivated and intelligent, kids who have managed to survive crappy schools where liberal teachers make sure that they know how to use a condom, even if they can't count the number in the package. The John Kerry's of the world like to look down their noses at us, because it makes them seem superior, but I'd trust any random troopie from FT Hood with my life (in fact, that's part of the job description) before I'd trust anyone from this year's freshman class at Harvard or Yale.

Lager
10-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Let's see.... Truman in Korea, Kennedy and Johnson Vietnam, Clinton in the Balkans and Somalia, yep, those dang republicans.

LogansPapa
10-27-2008, 10:40 AM
So the vast majority of recruiting centers aren’t in poor neighborhood strip malls? ;)

Odysseus
10-27-2008, 11:14 AM
So the vast majority of recruiting centers aren’t in poor neighborhood strip malls? ;)

Nope. They're in offices in commercial districts throughout the US. The main recruiting station in NYC is in the middle of Times Square. The largest one in West LA is on Santa Monica BLVD. Not exactly impoverished areas. The recruiter who got me was in the Midwood part of Brooklyn, which is solidly Middle class. Also, every reserve or guard unit has it's own recruiting office, and those are in some very nice neighborhoods. In fact, about the only place in America where you won't see a recruiting office is on an Ivy League campus.

But, since you're going to keep repeating this particular myth until you get seriously owned, here are the actual stats, courtesy of the Heritage Foundation, which did it's own study a couple of years ago:
http://www.heritage.org/research/nationalsecurity/upload/85092_1.gif
Broken down by neighborhoods, we see that the income distribution almost perfectly matches the income distribution of the US, with the lowest end disproportionately underrepresented, not overrepresented. Now, if you want to try to make the case that middle class kids are trekking to poor neighborhoods in order to enlist, you're going to have to prove it.
http://www.heritage.org/research/nationalsecurity/upload/85090_1.gif
Note that, once again, the higher income brackets are slightly overrepresented and the lowest is underrepresented by more than 25%.
http://www.heritage.org/research/nationalsecurity/upload/85083_1.gif
Here's the summary. Now, in a perfect world, that would elicit a response of "I stand corrected" from you, however, this being an imperfect world (and hence one that needs a military), I won't hold my breath.

LogansPapa
10-27-2008, 11:16 AM
I stand correct, Major.

Odysseus
10-27-2008, 11:27 AM
I stand correct, Major.

I am pleasantly surprised. Now go find some funny Obama photos.

LogansPapa
10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
I am pleasantly surprised. Now go find some funny Obama photos.

I may be silly, but I'm not stupid. ;)

Odysseus
10-27-2008, 11:29 AM
I may be silly, but I'm not stupid. ;)

Are you trying to make this into a Thunderdome thread? :D

Eyelids
10-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Erm never mind.

LogansPapa
10-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Are you trying to make this into a Thunderdome thread? :D

Not me. The three graphics were like standing on the beach and seeing the USS Lincoln coming over the horizon. :cool: