PDA

View Full Version : The Death Penalty - best method

onlinebiker
12-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Every time someone starts talking about -"cruel and unusual" death penalty methods - I've often wondered - WHY don't we use a sure, better method?

There IS a better method - cheap, sure, quick and NEVER fails.

Hypoxia.

That is - put the condemned into a sealed chamber - and pump the air out.

If it's done at a decent rate - it's completely painless. Ask any commercial pilot, especially those who work holiday charters. Many of them have lowered cabin pressure to knock out drunk, unruly passengers.

The passengers never even realize it's happened till later.

Is it constitutional?

ABSOLUTELY.

It may be unusual, but not cruel. To be unconstitutional it would need be both.

Discuss.

thundley4
12-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Sealed room and pump carbon monoxide into the room. They just fall asleep and never wake up.

Dan D. Doty
12-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Sealed room and pump carbon monoxide into the room. They just fall asleep and never wake up.

The Nazis did that, not a good idea.

Give the prisoner a list of methods, and make him choose.

And if he doesn't, just hang 'em.

namvet
12-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Utah will reinstate the firing squad. bullets are cheaper

story (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/utah-revives-plan-executions-firing-squad-27032108)

http://i60.tinypic.com/34ys6jl.jpg

have a seat

Zathras
12-02-2014, 12:56 AM
How about using the same drugs that vets use to put dogs to sleep. It seems to be quick and painless.

onlinebiker
12-02-2014, 08:32 AM

The upside - the stiff would have a nice healthy appearance - as CO poisoning causes a slight skin flush.

The downside - now you have a bunch of CO to dump into the atmosphere.

The vacuum pump to suck the air out is still cheaper.

MstrBlue
12-02-2014, 12:15 PM
I prefer the eye-for-an-eye approach, only intensified due to the fact that the person is intended to be punished...
Shoot someone? Firing squad, full metal jacket.
Run someone over with your car? Get freight-trained by an 18-wheeler.
Knife? Run through with swords (plural).
Strangulation? Gas chamber, or hanging, depending upon the crime.
Lethal injection would thereby only be used for those cases of drug overdose.

Just my take on it.

Dori
12-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Why not just give them a fifth of something and a bottle of sleeping pills with their last supper?

alleycat
12-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Execution is relief. The murderer is let off easy. Sentence them to solitary confinement for their natural life. A bunk a toilet and in one corner a piece of rope and a short stool.

oldcoastie1
12-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Execution is relief. The murderer is let off easy. Sentence them to solitary confinement for their natural life. A bunk a toilet and in one corner a piece of rope and a short stool.

I disagree. They're cowards and won't take that final step. Why whould we have to pay for their upkeep?

Jim54
12-02-2014, 11:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxvR7ZUjaJk

:rolleyes: