PDA

View Full Version : AP/Yahoo Poll - 44 Obama, 42 McCain

biccat
10-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Link (http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/nws/elections/ap_election_wave8_topline_101308.pdf)

Two most telling questions:

1. If the 2008 general election for President were being held today and these were the candidates, would
you vote for…
Barack Obama, the Democrat 44
John McCain, the Republican 42

2. Do you consider yourself a Democrat, Republican, an Independent, a supporter of some other party,
or none of these?
Democrat 49
Republican 37

xavierob82
10-17-2008, 06:03 PM
A worthless online poll from October 3rd? LMAO!

Hint: There's a very good reason why RealClearPolitics did not include this poll in the RCP running average.

Eyelids
10-17-2008, 06:05 PM
The survey was conducted using the web-enabled KnowledgePanelSM, a probability-based Panel designed to be representative of the U.S. population. Initially, participants are chosen scientifically by a random selection of telephone numbers. Persons in selected households are then invited by telephone to participate in the webenabled KnowledgePanelSM. For those who agree to participate, but do not already have Internet access, Knowledge Networks provides at no cost an Internet appliance and Internet service connection. People who already have computers and Internet service are permitted to participate using their own equipment. Panelists then receive unique log-in information for accessing surveys online, and then are sent emails three to four times a month inviting them to participate in research.

It's an internet poll. With no likely voter screens. It was conducted October 3rd.

This poll = massive fail.

biccat
10-17-2008, 06:09 PM
For our liberal friends, reading comprehension is a beneficial skill which you may want to brush up on:

"Interview dates: October 3, 2008 – October 13, 2008"

Although I don't take polls seriously myself, the amount of spin you two threw on this is very telling.

Eyelids
10-17-2008, 06:13 PM
For our liberal friends, reading comprehension is a beneficial skill which you may want to brush up on:

"Interview dates: October 3, 2008 – October 13, 2008"

Although I don't take polls seriously myself, the amount of spin you two threw on this is very telling.
You're reinforcing our point...

biccat
10-17-2008, 06:17 PM
You're reinforcing our point...
That you're an idiot?

The little mark after the number three is a hyphen. It is used to signify that the dates cited are inclusive. For example, if I were to say you were an idiot from your birth - the present day, I would be saying that you have always been an idiot, including the days in between.

Really, I shouldn't have to explain these things to a college student.

Actually, I take that back. You probably went to public school in Chicago.

Eyelids
10-17-2008, 06:19 PM
The little mark after the number three is a hyphen.
I believe that's a comma......

biccat
10-17-2008, 06:50 PM
I believe that's a comma......
Touche. :p

Doesn't change the fact that you're ignoring a poll because it doesn't show Obama with overwhelming support.

JB
10-17-2008, 07:14 PM
The liberal dicks do come running when a poll unfavorable to their guy shows up don't they. Did I just hear a bell ring? LMAO.

Yo asshats, just yesterday your boy told his sheeple not to pay attention to the polls because they are meaningless. You would know this if you weren't paying attention to the polls.