PDA

View Full Version : Michael Savage: Garner Chokehold 'Was Murder'-w/video

RobJohnson
12-06-2014, 05:14 PM
A Staten Island grand jury that failed to return an indictment against white New York Police Officer Daniel Pantaleo for the chokehold death of Eric Garner was "wrong, wrong, wrong," conservative talk show host Michael Savage said Thursday.

"The grand jury said he's not indictable, [but] they are 100 percent wrong," Savage said on his show, "The Savage Nation." "He should have been indicted."

Even though Savage is a conservative, he told listeners that they should not "tell me I'm supposed to support the police right or wrong. I won't do it ... I'm not just going to sit here and kiss the behinds of the people who wear the blue."

The police are right "99 percent of the time; they're right 99.9 percent of the time," said Savage, but he called Garner's death "the chokehold murder of an innocent man."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0NMdNTXhVc

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/chokehold-eric-garner-grand-jury-police/2014/12/05/id/611249/?Dkt_nbr=r1huzyzg&nmx_source=Conservative_Underground_Conservative_F eed&nmx_medium=widget&nmx_content=406&nmx_campaign=widgetphase2

SVPete
12-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Savage's shoot-from-the-lip broadcast manner and content turned me off more than 10 years ago. He's been on the air at 2 or 3 SF Bay Area radio stations - he lives in the Bay Area - that entire time, and even accidentally I don't think I've heard a cumulative total of 5 minutes of him over the past 10 years. And I have no plans to change that.

marv
12-07-2014, 12:02 PM
A physician said the "choke hold" didn't kill Garner. He said that with a correctly applied choke hold, Garner wouldn't be able to talk and say "I can't breathe".

FourWinds
12-07-2014, 01:08 PM
A physician said the "choke hold" didn't kill Garner. He said that with a correctly applied choke hold, Garner wouldn't be able to talk and say "I can't breathe".

Yeah well, Savage will have dropped the story by monday. In my opinion he's always been an arrogant ass who shoots off at the mouth before he thinks.

SVPete
12-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Yeah well, Savage will have dropped the story by monday.

It was Savage's opinion/idea reversals regarding two events in 2002 and 2003 that turned me off on him (he's quite a bit of a narcissist as well, IMO). It was like mental whiplash!

noonwitch
12-08-2014, 12:04 PM

That may be true, but according to the report I saw regarding the autopsy results, Garner died from a compression injury to his throat.

CRG_01
12-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Savage's shoot-from-the-lip broadcast manner and content turned me off more than 10 years ago. He's been on the air at 2 or 3 SF Bay Area radio stations - he lives in the Bay Area - that entire time, and even accidentally I don't think I've heard a cumulative total of 5 minutes of him over the past 10 years. And I have no plans to change that.

Savage is a shock-jock who tends to hang out on the Conservative side of the fence... So as long as you understand that going in, you'll be able to take him with a grain of salt...

I think he's pretty funny myself

Rockntractor
12-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Savage is a shock-jock who tends to hang out on the Conservative side of the fence... So as long as you understand that going in, you'll be able to take him with a grain of salt...

I think he's pretty funny myself

He was being interviewed by Alex Jones the other night, another lunatic, it was very entertaining
How will they know when these guys get dementia?

Sent from the barnyard using Tapatalk

NJCardFan
12-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Savage is a moron. He is the type that gives conservative talk radio a bad name. He's shot his mouth off so many times I'm amazed he has and teeth left.

SVPete
12-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Savage has been in talk radio for some 20 years, starting at KGO in SF. I don't know whether he toned himself down or did so at the behest of KGO management, but he was a lot less "out there" and mercurial back when he had his local show only (I've lived in the SF Bay Area since the late 70s). I think working for himself (basically) unleashed him and he spiraled off into outer space.