PDA

View Full Version : Obama the ELITIST Food Snob

Elspeth
10-17-2008, 07:02 PM
OBAMA'S FANCY SNACK

October 17, 2008 --

THOUGH he's battling GOP accusations that he's an Ivy League elitist, Barack Obama has a lifestyle of the rich and famous, like TV show host Robin Leach, who always signed off, "Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!" While he was at a meeting at the Waldorf-Astoria at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Michelle Obama called room service and ordered lobster hors d'oeuvres, two whole steamed lobsters, Iranian caviar and champagne, a tipster told Page Six.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10172008/gossip/pagesix/obamas_fancy_snack_133922.htm

Yeah, the Obamas REALLY care about the middle class.:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
10-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Wait a minute! Like everybody else here (more or less), I think Obama is the Antichrist and so forth but the guy has the right to order whatever he can pay for (or have paid for) off room service. Michelle Obama is not depriving some little kid of his or her minimum calorie allotment by scarfing down some tasty lobster.

Criticizing the famous "arugula" comment was completely fair but this is taking it too far. :D

Zeus
10-17-2008, 08:47 PM
OBAMA'S FANCY SNACK

October 17, 2008 --

THOUGH he's battling GOP accusations that he's an Ivy League elitist, Barack Obama has a lifestyle of the rich and famous, like TV show host Robin Leach, who always signed off, "Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!" While he was at a meeting at the Waldorf-Astoria at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Michelle Obama called room service and ordered lobster hors d'oeuvres, two whole steamed lobsters, Iranian caviar and champagne, a tipster told Page Six.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10172008/gossip/pagesix/obamas_fancy_snack_133922.htm

It's all good. that stuff was more than likely prepared & delivered by Middle class Waldorf-Astoria employees.

Zeus
10-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Wait a minute! Like everybody else here (more or less), I think Obama is the Antichrist and so forth but the guy has the right to order whatever he can pay for (or have paid for) off room service. Michelle Obama is not depriving some little kid of his or her minimum calorie allotment by scarfing down some tasty lobster.

The famous "arugula" comment was completely fair but this is taking it too far. :D

Really, what were they supposed to eat. Order up a bucket of chicken and a couple quarts of grape soda.

Gingersnap
10-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Really, what were they supposed to eat. Order up a bucket of chicken and a couple quarts of grape soda.

LOL! This is what I was thinking. When I stay at hotels, I don't order cheese sandwiches and milk. :D

Eyelids
10-17-2008, 09:09 PM
I guess they were outside Papa Johns delivery radius?

Cold Warrior
10-17-2008, 10:18 PM
OBAMA'S FANCY SNACK

October 17, 2008 --

Oh my God. They even drink the faggie Frenchie wine instead of good old burpin' Bud!!! F**king elitists!

Goldwater
10-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Wish I was Obama for that meal...

Gingersnap
10-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Wish I was Obama for that meal...

We all do, really. :)

Phillygirl
10-17-2008, 11:27 PM
I wonder if the campaign paid for that.

Gingersnap
10-17-2008, 11:33 PM

Since it's a bunch of lefties, why would you care? :p

Phillygirl
10-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Since it's a bunch of lefties, why would you care? :p

True! :D

Since it's a bunch of lefties, I know the answer! :p

3rd-try
10-17-2008, 11:41 PM

I think it's safe to conclude, no matter the politician or from which side of the isle,he/she resides, you can trace the money back to who earned it, and find they rarely have equivalent snacks.

The reason the D's and the R's are becoming so similar is because they have slowly evolved the gig into an existence even a millionaire (who actually earns his money) can barely comprehend. And, they love to call themselves "public servants".

Elspeth
10-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Say what you want, y'all, but I miss Bill Clinton going to McDonald's. It may have been a lie, but it showed sensitivity to his base. The idea of the fugly wench Michelle stuffing her face with caviar is just a little too much for my sense of aesthetics...and economy.

Gingersnap
10-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Say what you want, y'all, but I miss Bill Clinton going to McDonald's. It may have been a lie, but it showed sensitivity to his base. The idea of the fugly wench Michelle stuffing her face with caviar is just a little too much for my sense of aesthetics...and economy.

I dunno. I always figured Bill was orchestrating a photo op. Not that he (and millions of others) didn't like a tasty McDuck's now and then but I never figured he ate there more than twice a year.

Truthfully, when I travel, I usually eat better than I would on the same day at home. :D

LibraryLady
10-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Remember Kerry at Wendy's? I think the Edwards really did go there every year but Tereza and John looked like fish out of water

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Global%20Gore/bang.jpg

Eyelids
10-18-2008, 01:31 AM
I think it's safe to conclude, no matter the politician or from which side of the isle,he/she resides, you can trace the money back to who earned it, and find they rarely have equivalent snacks.

The reason the D's and the R's are becoming so similar is because they have slowly evolved the gig into an existence even a millionaire (who actually earns his money) can barely comprehend. And, they love to call themselves "public servants".

I'd like to hear how Barack Obama didn't earn what he has today...

Sonnabend
10-18-2008, 02:52 AM
I'd like to hear how Barack Obama didn't earn what he has today...

..he did it by putting on Ayers....

Eyelids
10-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Ayers got him into Columbia and Harvard?

linda22003
10-18-2008, 07:00 AM
I dunno. I always figured Bill was orchestrating a photo op. Not that he (and millions of others) didn't like a tasty McDuck's now and then but I never figured he ate there more than twice a year.

Oh, I think he did. Otherwise why did he need that heart surgery? ;)

YupItsMe
10-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Oh my God. They even drink the faggie Frenchie wine instead of good old burpin' Bud!!! F**king elitists!

Take's one to know one.

YupItsMe
10-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Ayers got him into Columbia and Harvard?

No, Quotas did.

Sonnabend
10-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Eyelids, read my post again.

You really are thick.

PoliCon
10-18-2008, 12:15 PM

Criticizing the famous "arugula" comment was completely fair but this is taking it too far. :DThe point is that they CLAIM to be average joes. Do you know anyone who is not an effete elitist snob who eats caviar???

PoliCon
10-18-2008, 12:17 PM
I'd like to hear how Barack Obama didn't earn what he has today...He had someone ghost write 2 books for him - and he's the affirmative action candidate for president - how do you figure he earned it?

PoliCon
10-18-2008, 12:17 PM
BTW - odds on who paid the bill for that snack? I'm betting the campaign.

lacarnut
10-18-2008, 12:28 PM
BTW - odds on who paid the bill for that snack? I'm betting the campaign.

I could care less what they eat; caviar or shit on the shingle. However, O is not average Joe. You could probably count the number of average Joe's in Congress on one hand and have a few fingers left over.

Gingersnap
10-18-2008, 12:29 PM
The point is that they CLAIM to be average joes. Do you know anyone who is not an effete elitist snob who eats caviar???

*looks around guiltily, raises hand*

It's not just for bait, guys. :D

Elspeth
10-18-2008, 01:17 PM

I've never even SEEN caviar!

SarasotaRepub
10-18-2008, 01:18 PM
The point is that they CLAIM to be average joes. Do you know anyone who is not an effete elitist snob who eats caviar???

Hey! :mad: I love the stuff. :p

Gingersnap
10-18-2008, 01:28 PM
I've never even SEEN caviar!

Well, you haven't missed much visually but it's still pretty tasty. :D

Goldwater
10-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Caviar is nice, it can be an aquired taste though.

Phillygirl
10-18-2008, 02:50 PM

I agree. I was surprised at how much I like caviar. Then again, I like escargot and champagne as well. Hmmm...thinking about dinner now. I wonder if places in the Chesapeake have any good caviar! :D

Shannon
10-18-2008, 03:05 PM
I agree. I was surprised at how much I like caviar. Then again, I like escargot and champagne as well. Hmmm...thinking about dinner now. I wonder if places in the Chesapeake have any good caviar! :D

Commie!

Cold Warrior
10-18-2008, 03:19 PM

Not a big fan. I used to buy it in the duty-free in Zurich for the Moroccan. I actually prefer a good country pate and a strong cahor.

BadCat
10-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Not a big fan. I used to buy it in the duty-free in Zurich for the Moroccan. I actually prefer a good country pate and a strong cahor.

I think the high quality black caviar is OK, but I don't think it goes at all with champagne.

What the heck is cahor?

Cold Warrior
10-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I think the high quality black caviar is OK, but I don't think it goes at all with champagne.

What the heck is cahor?

You would really like it (seriously). It's a strong red wine (http://www.farehamwinecellar.co.uk/wine-from-france-cahors.html) from the south of France.

BadCat
10-18-2008, 03:28 PM
You would really like it (seriously). It's a strong red wine (http://www.farehamwinecellar.co.uk/wine-from-france-cahors.html) from the south of France.

Like a port?

Cold Warrior
10-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Like a port?

Not sweet. More like a heavier Bordeaux. Like a St. Emillion mixed with a Zinfandel, perhaps?

lacarnut
10-18-2008, 05:49 PM
I will stick to escargot and raw oysters, Yum

Elspeth
10-18-2008, 08:03 PM
I will stick to escargot and raw oysters, Yum

Am I the ONLY one who prefers a club sandwich and a diet Coke?

LibraryLady
10-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, Obama is just like the common man......

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Obama/2951764646_fe1caabce1_o.jpg

It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks’ greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere… That’s the world! On which hope sits!

In our world, famine ravishes black and brown citizens who make up one-half or two-thirds of the globe, while feasting and gluttony are enjoyed by the minority of persons who inhabit the globe. I don’t know if you have ever been on one of those cruise ships that go to the Caribbean, but you do know of the hunger that is in such places as Haiti. Each week when those ships come back into Miami or San Juan, they dump more food into the Atlantic Ocean or the Caribbean Sea than the hungry citizens in Haiti can find to eat in a lifetime.

Audacity of Hope

Elspeth
10-18-2008, 08:09 PM

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Obama/2951764646_fe1caabce1_o.jpg

LL,

My whole last vacation cost that much!

(I stayed with my sister for half the time and split the cost of a hotel with my friend for the other half.)

lacarnut
10-18-2008, 08:13 PM

Occasionally that's ok but I ate enough cold sandwiches working construction to last me a lifetime.

Sonnabend
10-18-2008, 08:37 PM

Diet Coke. Ew.:(

Gimme an ice cold regular Coke and it's a date.:)

GrumpyOldLady
10-18-2008, 08:54 PM
The page has been taken down.

Cold Warrior
10-18-2008, 09:35 PM

Are you sure that receipt is real? I've stayed at the Waldorf recently and I can tell you they will charge (for room service) a lot more than $44.00 for even a split of Bollinger. They charged me (well, not me exactly) around $60 for a bottle of fairly pleasant Merlot.

Goldwater
10-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Why do we hate people with money now?

In one thread we blast Obama for telling a plumber he wants to "spread the wealth around" and in this one we blast him for spending money that hes earned on a fancy meal with his wife.

Cold Warrior
10-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Why do we hate people with money now?

In one thread we blast Obama for telling a plumber he wants to "spread the wealth around" and in this one we blast him for spending money that hes earned on a fancy meal with his wife.

People with money who spend 450 on room service at the Waldorf - YES. People who own 7 houses - NO. Ain't hypocrisy wonderful?

Goldwater
10-18-2008, 10:00 PM
No politician is like the common man.

BadCat
10-18-2008, 10:03 PM
If I thought it was their money, no problem.
Since I'm pretty sure it was campaign money, then I have a problem.

Cold Warrior
10-18-2008, 10:04 PM
No politician is like the common man.

But, these days, they all pretend like they are. They all are "just like you and me" and that's why we should vote for them. Actually, that's why we shouldn't. I don't want a guy from the local pub or a broad from the local moose huntling club running the show.

LibraryLady
10-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Are you sure that receipt is real? I've stayed at the Waldorf recently and I can tell you they will charge (for room service) a lot more than $44.00 for even a split of Bollinger. They charged me (well, not me exactly) around $60 for a bottle of fairly pleasant Merlot.

Could have been a half split. I thought Church of Christ didn't drink anyway.

I don't know much about Bollinger. My family loved Moet and Chandon. My Dad used to give a company Christmas party every year and we iced down 100 bottles in a bath tub. I have some pics - those were the good old days.:)

Cold Warrior
10-18-2008, 10:08 PM
If I thought it was their money, no problem.
Since I'm pretty sure it was campaign money, then I have a problem.

But hasn't Obama not taken public financing? Therefore, all the money is voluntary donor money. If they don't have any problem with it, why should someone whom I assume hasn't donated to his campaign?

PoliCon
10-19-2008, 12:06 AM
We all do, really. :)I don't. I'd much rather have crab legs - or a good steak :P

PoliCon
10-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Hey! :mad: I love the stuff. :p

Way to prove my case ladies!

People with money who spend 450 on room service at the Waldorf - YES. People who own 7 houses - NO. Ain't hypocrisy wonderful?McCain doesn't own 7 houses. His wife owns them. AND McCain is not an effete elitist snob.

PoliCon
10-19-2008, 12:16 AM
But hasn't Obama not taken public financing? Therefore, all the money is voluntary donor money. If they don't have any problem with it, why should someone whom I assume hasn't donated to his campaign?There are plenty of people who have donated to his campaign without the intention - or haven't you been paying attention to the news?

LibraryLady
10-19-2008, 03:59 AM
OBAMA'S FANCY SNACK
lobster hors d'oeuvres, two whole steamed lobsters, Iranian caviar and champagne,[/B] a tipster told Page Six.

I havenít been putting up with 19 months of airplanes and hotel food and missing my babies and my wife Ė I didnít put up for that stuff just to come in second,Ē he said. ďI donít believe in coming in second. The American people canít afford for us to come in second.Ē

poor guy, nasty hotel food

Cold Warrior
10-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Way to prove my case ladies!

McCain doesn't own 7 houses. His wife owns them. AND McCain is not an effete elitist snob.

A distinction I'm sure you observed regarding Kerry in the last election.

Sonnabend
10-19-2008, 10:19 AM
A distinction I'm sure you observed regarding Kerry in the last election.

A distinction Kerry himself raised..that is when he wasn't lying about his Purple Hearts.

That and the Killian Memos pretty much cooked his goose.

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Tuesday, Oct 21

Page Six Retracts its Michelle Obama Caviar and Lobster Story

The source who told us last week about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviar delivered to her room at the Waldorf-Astoria must have been under the influence of a mind-altering drug. She was not even staying at the Waldorf. We regret the mistake, and our former source is going to regret it, too. Bread and water would be too good for such disinformation.

:p:p:p http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Network/7525/doh.jpg

linda22003
10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Snopes says she was in Fort Wayne, Indiana, that day.
I don't even know if "29M" is a room number at the Waldorf Towers; I've only stayed in the regular part of the hotel (more times than I care to count! :rolleyes:)

http://snopes.com/politics/obama/roomservice.asp