PDA

View Full Version : Push Back

CRG_01
12-08-2014, 05:17 PM
How many times have you had the unsettling experience of being treated as a troublemaker as soon as you question or raise an objection to a school policy, a textbook, a course of study, a new county regulation, or a community proposal?

Every day, attendees of conferences, community forums, PTA meetings, and board meetings are made to feel uncomfortable and occasionally foolish by the person or persons leading the meeting. The speakers, moderators, or provocateurs—whom author B. K. Eakman refers to as professional manipulators—hold power over the room and know how to steer the discussion back to their agendas...

Beverly K. Eakman is known as America's Education Whistleblower

Her new book for parents:

http://www.amazon.com/Push-Back-Groupthink-Professional-Manipulators/dp/1626364184

Here's a little information about Bev:

Educator, 9 years: English, Literature, Debate; 7th grade remedial through 12th grade AP students, 1968-1974 (CA), 1979-1981 (TX). Wrote English grammar curriculum for foreign students. (B.S. in education, Texas Tech Univ. (1968); graduate work: Univ. of Calif., Irvine and Univ. of Houston.)
•Science & Technical Writer/Editor-in-Chief of NASA's official newspaper, 1974-1979. Biggest feature: "David the Bubble Baby," a behind-the-scenes look at space technology in medicine.
•Chief speechwriter for: Chief Justice Warren E. Burger, Commission on the Bicentennial of the US Constitution, 1986-87 & for Voice of America, 1987-89. Writer: U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1991-2004.
•Author: 8 other books since 1991. Most recent release, PUSH BACK! How to Take a Stand Against Groupthink, Bullies, Agitators and Professional Manipulators (Skyhorse Publishing, Inc., NYC release date: January 2014); Agenda Games (Midnight Whistler, Inc., 2012); the internationally acclaimed Cloning of the American Mind: Eradicating Morality Through Education (Huntington House, 1998), to be updated and re-released Sept. 2014; A Common Sense Platform for the 21st Century (Midnight Whistler, Inc., 2010); Walking Targets: How Our Psychologized Classrooms Have Produced a Nation of Sitting Ducks (Midnight Whistler, Inc., 2007); Microchipped: How the Education Establishment Took Us Beyond Big Brother (Halcyon House 1994); Educating for the New World Order (Halcyon House, 1991).
•Free-lance Columnist: American Daily Herald, American Opinion, NewsWithViews, WorldNetDaily, Crisis Magazine, Insight Magazine, The Washington Times, National Review, Education Week, Chronicles Magazine, The Washington Post and more.
•Exec. Dir. 1994-2006: National Education Consortium (specializing in education & privacy law).

noonwitch
12-09-2014, 10:39 AM
At my former church, a new-age Unity church, there was one teacher who was afraid of having me in her classes. I never really gave her a hard time, but I mentioned to her once how annoyed I used to get at the former pastor (Marianne Williamson) when she would misquote and misinterpret scripture. The teacher was afraid that if I knew the Bible better than MW(which really isn't hard to do), I might know it better than she did.

But everytime I showed up in one of her classes, the teacher would make a comment about how she better be on her toes because I was in the class. She assumed I would stir up trouble. I did question the Unity party line on occasion, but never in a way I thought would be threatening to a teacher. The other teachers there didn't have issues with me.

CRG_01
12-10-2014, 08:29 AM
At my former church, a new-age Unity church, there was one teacher who was afraid of having me in her classes. I never really gave her a hard time, but I mentioned to her once how annoyed I used to get at the former pastor (Marianne Williamson) when she would misquote and misinterpret scripture. The teacher was afraid that if I knew the Bible better than MW(which really isn't hard to do), I might know it better than she did.

But everytime I showed up in one of her classes, the teacher would make a comment about how she better be on her toes because I was in the class. She assumed I would stir up trouble. I did question the Unity party line on occasion, but never in a way I thought would be threatening to a teacher. The other teachers there didn't have issues with me.

I want to respond, but admittedly... I am struggling to figure out just what this has to do with my post? Can you help me out here?:dunno-smiley-emotic

MstrBlue
12-10-2014, 12:29 PM
I want to respond, but admittedly... I am struggling to figure out just what this has to do with my post? Can you help me out here?:dunno-smiley-emotic

How many times have you had the unsettling experience of being treated as a troublemaker as soon as you question or raise an objection to a school policy, a textbook, a course of study, a new county regulation, or a community proposal?

Noonie was responding to the very first paragraph of your post.
Hope this helps clear up your confusion. :biggrin-new:

noonwitch
12-10-2014, 02:03 PM

I got labeled as a troublemaker by one of the teachers.

Retread
12-10-2014, 09:14 PM
noonie is doing her usual bending of the conversation (diversion) towards her and her ideology rather than yours.

Rockntractor
12-10-2014, 09:38 PM

You were singled out for the color of your hair.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

CRG_01
12-12-2014, 09:29 AM

OK, sorry noonwhich... I was under the weather last week... You sound like the type of trouble maker that I like