PDA

View Full Version : At The End Of The Day, Feminism Is A War On Due Process

Elspeth
12-21-2014, 09:09 PM
This is an article that brings together many disparate elements. The general idea that women deserve equal rights and respect is not what the author is talking about, but rather the Feminist Movement, which is succeeding in creating injustices for men. It is worth the ENTIRE read.

At The End Of The Day, Feminism Is A War On Due Process
http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/19/at-the-end-of-the-day-feminism-is-a-war-on-due-process/

Now that the University of Virginia “rape” case has been exposed as yet another hoax, it is time to start looking at other feminist-generated hysterias, which are just as dishonest and dangerous. This case did not arise out of the blue, nor is it disconnected from other similar accusations of criminality perpetrated by radical ideologues. Rather, it is part of a pattern of ideologically driven witch hunts designed to criminalize innocent people and “empower” feminist operatives. The common factor behind all of them is a radical sexual political ideology driven – as all ideologies are – by resentment and the lust for power....

...Now that the evidence pointing at them is overwhelming, the affair is being spun to whitewash false accusers. Cathy Young has collected a sampling of weasel words from the professional ideologues whose careers depend on rationalizing lies:

Amanda Marcotte blasted “rape apologists” attempting to “derail” the conversation with their talk of a hoax at UVA and asserted that Erdely’s story would have been attacked no matter how thorough a job she had done. (She even not-so-subtly insinuated that the “rape denialist movement” is driven by men who are themselves rapists.) The same themes were echoed in a rant by Katie McDonough in Salon, who grudgingly acknowledged that Erdely’s article was flawed but still denounced the criticism as “rape denial” and expressed resentment at “being expected to treat every person who says hey no fair when a survivor speaks or a damning report is published as if these are all serious and credible concerns.” On a slightly more moderate note, New York’s Kate Stoeffel fretted that all the questioning feels like “presumed innocence is a privilege reserved for purported rapists and not their purported victims” …

Some other feminists are quite openly suggesting that we shouldn’t let facts get in the way. “So what if this instance was more fictional than fact and didn’t actually happen to Jackie? Do we actually want anyone to have gone through this? This story was a shock and awe campaign that forced even the most ardent of rape culture deniers to stand up in horror and demand action,” writes Katie Racine, the founder of the online women’s magazine Literally, Darling, in an essay reprinted in The Huffington Post. (A mostly fictional story is beneficial because it proved to “rape culture deniers” that rape culture exists? Literally, darling, this may be the dumbest thing anyone has said about the UVA story.) And in Politico, UVA student journalist Julia Horowitz opines that “to let fact checking define the narrative would be a huge mistake,” since Jackie’s likely fabrication points to a bigger truth. That is not journalism; it’s agitprop.

The significance of these responses should not be missed: They demonstrate very clearly that such cases are not aberrations, honest mistakes, mistaken identities, or overzealous journalism. They constitute a political agenda of professional zealots using criminal accusations against innocent people for political purposes. They are an open admission that patently false criminal accusations are an accepted weapon to advance a political cause.....

Elspeth
12-21-2014, 09:40 PM
http://www.redstate.com/2014/12/19/collectivism-presumption-guilt/

...This presumption of guilt is absolutely crucial to collectivism. The Left must teach its subjects to think of themselves as criminals. That’s the only way law-abiding people will endure levels of coercive power that would normally require specific accusations, a fair trial, and the possibility of appeals. Social-justice “crimes” can be prosecuted without any of those things. There is no appeal from the sentence, and no statute of limitations on the crimes, as any left-winger who thinks today’s American citizens need to suffer for the historical offense of slavery will be happy to explain to you. There’s no evidence you can present in your defense, for the Left has read your mind, and knows better than you what demons lurk in its recesses.

This is one reason the Left dislikes the trappings of constitutional law and order. The presumption of innocence is highly inconvenient for social crusades; it’s the antithesis of collective political “justice.” The current demonstrations against police officers include explicit calls to deny them due process (sometimes escalating to simply calling for their summary execution.) The Obama White House is said to be thinking about stripping police officers of grand jury protection, since those procedures have such a disappointing tendency to review evidence and decide charges are not warranted. The mob wants this because they are said to have “lost confidence” in the legal system. In other words, their ideology has revealed who is guilty, so legal proceedings based on overcoming the stout hurdle of presumed innocence are mere trickery to frustrate the righteous crusade.

Campus culture, the fetid breeding ground of collectivist ideology, bubbles with the presumption of guilt. All this stuff about “trigger warnings” and demanding protection from perceived offense, to the extent it’s not just a cynical power play, is based on the notion that targeted speakers are guilty of offenses they might even be aware of. Arguments that run contrary to collectivist ideology are never offered in good faith by honest dissenters – they’re always sinister tricks cooked up by devils out to impose racist hierarchies, sexist patriarchies, and capitalist oligarchies. People marinated in this drivel have been growing up and moving into positions of political and cultural influence for years, bringing this payload of presumed guilt against all who dissent against the noble Left with them. You know the litany of pre-litigated, pre-judged thought crimes by now: you’re just a tool of your corporate masters, you just enjoy watching poor people suffer for the hell of it, you want women to be slaves…...

Elspeth
12-21-2014, 09:52 PM
"Make a man feel small." Push onto him "a sense of guilt, of his own basic unworthiness." And then, "his soul gives up its self-respect. You've got him. He'll obey. He'll be glad to obey -- because he can't trust himself, he feels uncertain, he feels unclean." In the end, "the soul is that which can't be ruled. It must be broken. Drive a wedge in, get your fingers on it, and the man is yours. You won't need a whip. His own mechanism will do your work for you."

(Summary of Ellsworth Toohey's speech in The Fountainhead.)
http://www.strike-the-root.com/72/votlucka/votlucka2.html

noonwitch
01-05-2015, 02:34 PM
I consider myself a feminist. Making false accusations of rape against men is not part of anything I believe in.

For me, being a feminist is about equal pay for equal work, and ending sexual stereotypes and sexual harrassment (of any person of any gender by any person of any gender).

Crazy people have hijacked feminism into a "I hate men" grudge match.

onlinebiker
01-05-2015, 03:38 PM
I consider myself a feminist. Making false accusations of rape against men is not part of anything I believe in.

For me, being a feminist is about equal pay for equal work, and ending sexual stereotypes and sexual harrassment (of any person of any gender by any person of any gender).

Crazy people have hijacked feminism into a "I hate men" grudge match.

I have stereotypes about women that I truly believe in ....

1. They look better than men.
2. They smell better than men.

That's about it.