PDA

View Full Version : 2-year-old accidentally kills his mom in Wal-Mart

RobJohnson
12-31-2014, 07:37 AM
HAYDEN, Idaho (AP) A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed his mother after he reached into her purse at a northern Idaho Wal-Mart and her concealed gun fired, authorities said Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-boy-2-accidentally-kills-mom-wal-mart-201635957.html

JohnnyJeb
12-31-2014, 09:52 AM
Sad story.

I would guess the pistol was a GLOCK?

linda22003
12-31-2014, 09:54 AM
1. I have no issue with gun rights.
2. I have no problem with concealed or open carry.

3. I do have a problem with putting a gun in a zippered compartment in a purse and thinking that "secures" it from a small child, and then leaving that purse unattended with that child.

NJCardFan
12-31-2014, 02:14 PM
1. I have no issue with gun rights.
2. I have no problem with concealed or open carry.

3. I do have a problem with putting a gun in a zippered compartment in a purse and thinking that "secures" it from a small child, and then leaving that purse unattended with that child.

They make purses that double as holsters. But the purse isn't the problem. The problem was letting the kid have access to her purse knowing a gun was in there. Once again, the gun didn't do it, irresponsibility did it(not calling you out Linda, just making a statement of fact).

linda22003
12-31-2014, 03:28 PM
They make purses that double as holsters. But the purse isn't the problem. The problem was letting the kid have access to her purse knowing a gun was in there. Once again, the gun didn't do it, irresponsibility did it(not calling you out Linda, just making a statement of fact).

I agree with you, and that's what my #3 indicated. She didn't secure it and paid a high price for that.

onlinebiker
12-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Sad story.

I would guess the pistol was a GLOCK?

Odds are against....

The Glock has a pretty hefty trigger pull....

It's far more likely she had something in a SAO autoloader - with the safety off....

Think 1911 carried "cocked and locked" sans safety.

The REAL problem with a "purse carry" --- if a purse snatcher hits you - he's got your money, your ID AND your gun......

I know a female detective that got hit that way -- talk about major embarrassment..... (the purse snatcher left her shield, gun, purse and ID on the hood of an unattended cruiser...... Nice guy...)

JohnnyJeb
12-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Odds are against....

The Glock has a pretty hefty trigger pull....

...)Mine has a 2 1/2 pound trigger pull.....it came that way.