PDA

View Full Version : White House sets delayed anti-extremism summit

SarasotaRepub
01-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Politico By JOSH GERSTEIN (http://www.politico.com/reporters/JoshGerstein.html) | 1/11/15 11:54 AM EST

In the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris last week, the White House has scheduled an anti-extremism conference that was originally set for last October but was postponed without explanation.

In a statement issued as many world leaders gathered in the French capital Sunday to express solidarity with France and to vow renewed efforts to fight violent Islamic radicalism, the White House announced that its summit on the issue of homegrown terrorism will take place next month.

"On February 18, 2015, the White House will host a Summit on Countering Violent Extremism to highlight domestic and international efforts to prevent violent extremists and their supporters from radicalizing, recruiting, or inspiring individuals or groups in the United States and abroad to commit acts of violence, efforts made even more imperative in light of recent, tragic attacks in Ottawa, Sydney, and Paris," White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said in a statement.

Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson first announced the summit in September (http://www.dhs.gov/news/2014/09/10/remarks-secretary-homeland-security-jeh-johnson-council-foreign-relations-%E2%80%93), as concern was growing about the threat posed by the Islamic State movement and by that group's recruitment of fighters in the West. Johnson said the high-level meeting would take place the following month.

LINK (http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2015/01/white-house-sets-delayed-antiextremism-conference-200891.html)

Sound like FearLess Leader is real "High Priority" on this. Assuming it ever happens...:rolleyes:

DumbAss Tanker
01-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Kind of ironic for an Administration that has specialized in alienating and marginalizing everyone who didn't vote for their Dear Leader to claim it has any cred on that topic.

Dori
01-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Anti-extremism conference?

Elspeth
01-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Anti-extremism conference?

They'll ignore Islam and talk about the Tea Party.

Dori
01-11-2015, 02:32 PM

It's amazing to watch a group of so called "educated" people ignore the dead horse in the middle of the room. Even when the carcass is stinking the place up.

Elspeth
01-11-2015, 02:37 PM
It's amazing to watch a group of so called "educated" people ignore the dead horse in the middle of the room. Even when the carcass is stinking the place up.

Nothing is quite so stupid as the intelligent person with too much education.

SaintLouieWoman
01-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Ironic isn't it that today's enormous, million people march against Islamic extremism in Paris, led by world leaders, wasn't even represented by the US ambassador, nor the President, VP, Secy of State, etc. i guess because it's against ISLAMIC extremist that the fan of the Muslim Brotherhood won't send a representative.

Heard on one of the news reports that the Europeans aren't too happy with the US, not the way to win minds and hearts. Way to go O blah blah.

SVPete
01-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Ironic isn't it that today's enormous, million people march against Islamic extremism in Paris, led by world leaders, wasn't even represented by the US ambassador, nor the President, VP, Secy of State, etc. i guess because it's against ISLAMIC extremist that the fan of the Muslim Brotherhood won't send a representative.

Heard on one of the news reports that the Europeans aren't too happy with the US, not the way to win minds and hearts. Way to go O blah blah.

Well, AG Holder was already in Paris for other purposes, so he did attend. Big whoop! Where was the US head of state? On the golf course? Where was SecState Kerry? Windsurfing? Where was the ambassador? Because of the severity of French national pain, this could be the worst snub BHO & Crew have given any of our allies! The French people and government should be irate!

THE RESISTANCE
01-11-2015, 08:12 PM
I predict it will be like a room full of chickens
with their heads just chopped off.
If you have ever seen one then you know
what I mean.

Rockntractor
01-11-2015, 08:42 PM
I predict it will be like a room full of chickens
with their heads just chopped off.
If you have ever seen one then you know
what I mean.

Now you are making me hungry.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Rockntractor
01-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Who or what defines what is extreme or not extreme in the world, God has been rejected especially in Europe.
Isn't it just okay to do whatever you have the ability to get away with?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Dlr Pyro
01-12-2015, 02:40 AM
Well, AG Holder was already in Paris for other purposes, so he did attend. Big whoop! Where was the US head of state? On the golf course? Where was SecState Kerry? Windsurfing? Where was the ambassador? Because of the severity of French national pain, this could be the worst snub BHO & Crew have given any of our allies! The French people and government should be irate!
holder was in France but he was taping an interview for "meet the press" when the rally that all other world leaders attended took place.

SVPete
01-12-2015, 09:25 AM

Well, I found out last evening that CNN, my source for stating that Holder attended the rally, got it wrong (I'm shocked! Shocked!). Eric Holder did not attend the rally, but was in a meeting. With whom, I don't know, since so many senior world leaders were at the rally!

SVPete
01-12-2015, 09:31 AM
holder was in France but he was taping an interview for "meet the press" when the rally that all other world leaders attended took place.

hadn't seen your post when I posted just a couple minutes ago. So Holder's "meeting" was with a TV production crew for a remote appearance on a news/commentary show? :Poster: :curse: I've run out of printable adjectives for the patheticity of Obama's MALAdministration! They're making Carter and Brz______ look like foreign policy geniuses.

txradioguy
01-12-2015, 09:32 AM

That's because to Progressives the Tea Party poses a far greater threat than radical Islam.

txradioguy
01-12-2015, 09:34 AM
hadn't seen your post when I posted just a couple minutes ago. So Holder's "meeting" was with a TV production crew for a remote appearance on a news/commentary show? :Poster: :curse: I've run out of printable adjectives for the patheticity of Obama's MALAdministration! They're making Carter and Brz______ look like foreign policy geniuses.

He actually left a meeting with Hollande to go tape segments for the four Sunday shows.

Hollande meanwhile went to join the other world leaders for the peach march.