d_va
10-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Cold Open
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/gov-palin-cold-open/773761/

Palin Rap
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/update-palin-rap/773781/

Space Gravy
10-19-2008, 12:50 PM
I thought those were pretty good. Thanks for posting them.

jeskibuff
10-19-2008, 04:34 PM
I started watching it last night just because Sarah was on. I saw the intro and made it through about 2 of their skits. They were so painfully unfunny that I didn't have the stomach to make it to another Sarah appearance. The rap had a couple of funny moments (the moose shot, for one), but it definitely wouldn't have been worth making it through a whole sitting of SNL.

Why did Sarah call Alec Baldwin "Darren"? And why couldn't Alec look at the people he was talking to? It seemed like he was avoiding having to look Sarah in the eye. Perhaps if he did it would crush his belief that she was an evil Republican demonic being and he couldn't continue hating her as much as he wanted to?

MrsSmith
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I started watching it last night just because Sarah was on. I saw the intro and made it through about 2 of their skits. They were so painfully unfunny that I didn't have the stomach to make it to another Sarah appearance. The rap had a couple of funny moments (the moose shot, for one), but it definitely wouldn't have been worth making it through a whole sitting of SNL.

Why did Sarah call Alec Baldwin "Darren"? And why couldn't Alec look at the people he was talking to? It seemed like he was avoiding having to look Sarah in the eye. Perhaps if he did it would crush his belief that she was an evil Republican demonic being and he couldn't continue hating her as much as he wanted to?

I just assumed (yeah, I know) that he was reading a teleprompter? (And not doing that great a job.)

jeskibuff
10-19-2008, 06:00 PM
I just assumed (yeah, I know) that he was reading a teleprompter? (And not doing that great a job.)Good assumption. He probably also wanted to tell his lib friends that he had to follow the script, but if it was HIS choice, he probably would have used the "pig" reference with a far greater intensity than he used it on his own daughter.

He always has such a smug look on his face, kind of just like Keith Olbermann. They both try to look real smart but when they open their mouths, there's no doubt they're as dumb as the proverbial box of rocks.