PDA

View Full Version : ‘Blasphemous’ artwork removed from Paris exhibition

Rockntractor
01-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Artwork showing women’s shoes on Muslim prayer mats is removed from exhibition after warnings of possible violence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11374899/Blasphemous-artwork-removed-from-Paris-exhibition.html
It never takes long for the French to surrender.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Retread
01-29-2015, 10:05 PM
the removal of the artwork made a "mockery" of the principle of freedom of expression only weeks after the Charlie Hebdo attack and a huge solidarity march in Paris in which David Cameron and some 50 other world leaders took part.

Dori
01-30-2015, 12:04 AM
When the Muslims take over France, can you imagine what they're going to do to the Louvre?

Lanie
01-30-2015, 01:23 AM
Artwork showing women’s shoes on Muslim prayer mats is removed from exhibition after warnings of possible violence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11374899/Blasphemous-artwork-removed-from-Paris-exhibition.html

It's sad, but I don't think we have the right to judge them.

NJCardFan
01-30-2015, 03:08 AM

Are you serious? Your ignorance knows no bounds does it.

FourWinds
01-30-2015, 08:52 AM
When the Muslims take over France, can you imagine what they're going to do to the Louvre?

I can only imagine.

txradioguy
01-30-2015, 09:07 AM

She got the same thinking on this that prevents Progressives in DC from calling the Taliban terrorists.

And unless they wise up and stop this stupid PC moral equivalence bullshit it's going to be the death of all of us...literally and figuratively.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Lanie
01-30-2015, 09:33 AM

This doesn't mean not to call terrorism as terrorism and go after it. A big part of me
thinks we need to track down terrorists and chop off their heads in front of others to
see just to make a public point.

However, people just came and murdered several of their people and then took hostages
the following day. I don't blame them for being fearful to move.

Some people here refuse to post a picture of Mohammad just because they've been hearing of the violence and the threats of violence. Oh btw, I'm one of them. I have an atheist relative sort of looking down on religion right now, which pisses me off. I told her straight out not to make fun of Mohammad or people might try to kill you. It's not about respecting a faith. It's about not asking terrorists to come on over.

Now, Charlie Hebdo magazine told them to stick it up their ass, that they'll still do the same stuff. Good for them. I thought that was great. I won't look down on people afraid to make the same move right now.

SVPete
01-30-2015, 10:06 AM

Ya know, when I saw the thread title I just knew it had to be due a crazed Catholic who tried to smash a sculpture of a crucifix suspended in a jar of urine, or a freaked-out Fundie who tried to incinerate a sculpture of a Bible ripped to shreds! Now I don't know what to think!

Are sarcasm tags needed?

NJCardFan
01-30-2015, 11:45 AM
This doesn't mean not to call terrorism as terrorism and go after it. A big part of me
thinks we need to track down terrorists and chop off their heads in front of others to
see just to make a public point.

However, people just came and murdered several of their people and then took hostages
the following day. I don't blame them for being fearful to move.

Some people here refuse to post a picture of Mohammad just because they've been hearing of the violence and the threats of violence. Oh btw, I'm one of them. I have an atheist relative sort of looking down on religion right now, which pisses me off. I told her straight out not to make fun of Mohammad or people might try to kill you. It's not about respecting a faith. It's about not asking terrorists to come on over.

Now, Charlie Hebdo magazine told them to stick it up their ass, that they'll still do the same stuff. Good for them. I thought that was great. I won't look down on people afraid to make the same move right now.

No. The entire country made this big showing on how they're not going to be intimidated and the first chance they get, they acquiesce because they're intimidated. Terror wins again.

Dori
01-30-2015, 02:19 PM
No. The entire country made this big showing on how they're not going to be intimidated and the first chance they get, they acquiesce because they're intimidated. Terror wins again.

That's why terrorism works. If people are intimidated, they won't fight back. Bully's have been running the play grounds and the world for centuries. Same for muslim women who are nothing more than property to these crazies.

noonwitch
01-30-2015, 03:41 PM
That's why terrorism works. If people are intimidated, they won't fight back. Bully's have been running the play grounds and the world for centuries. Same for muslim women who are nothing more than property to these crazies.

I get what you are saying. Yet I can understand why those who run the facilities where the allegedly blasphemous art is being exhibited are hesitant to risk the lives of their patrons, and the subsequent liability issues that would go along with it. The artist isn't the one who gets sued after some lunatic blows up the venue and innocent people are killed.

Dlr Pyro
01-30-2015, 03:46 PM

For starters the Mona Lisa will be destroyed because she is not wearing a head scarf.

Rockntractor
01-30-2015, 03:47 PM

No one could design an escape hatch, an exit or plan a retreat better than the French.

Rockntractor
01-30-2015, 04:06 PM
The French just wrote a book (Retreating for Dummies) but they were afraid to publish it.

Lanie
01-30-2015, 05:50 PM
No one could design an escape hatch, an exit or plan a retreat better than the French.

Good. They can help me get out of state taxes.