PDA

View Full Version : Biden to supporters: "Gird your loins" !

d_va
10-20-2008, 02:54 PM
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/biden-to-suppor.html

Biden to Supporters: "Gird Your Loins", For the Next President "It's Like Cleaning Augean Stables"

October 20, 2008 7:35 AM

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"Gird your loins," Biden told the crowd. "We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than think about it, literally, think about it this is more than just a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy."

"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it," the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. "This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

Oh brother. Please read the whole article at the link. There's so much more.....:eek:

Eyelids
10-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Presidenting is hard ya know.

If Barack Obama doesn't face a single problem in his first 6 months he might just really be the messiah.

d_va
10-20-2008, 04:04 PM

If Barack Obama doesn't face a single problem in his first 6 months he might just really be the messiah.

Probably why I'm voting for McCain, he'll have a much smarter Vice President, you betcha !

Eyelids
10-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Probably why I'm voting for McCain, he'll have a much smarter Vice President, you betcha !

If Sarah Palin assumes office I am fairly confident they will put enough competent people around her who will basically make every decision for her. She's not capable of being President and I think the higher-ups know that by now. I'm not as frightened of her as I once was.

lacarnut
10-20-2008, 04:08 PM

Yeah like an economic worsening or an attack similar to 9/11 due to Obama's perceived weakling stance on terrorism is a policy we can live with. Old Joe is preparing us for the worse instead of telling how he is going to avert those two things. What a frigging mental midget Obama picked as his VP.

His foreign policy is a joke also. Energy is key because most of the countries that we import from do not like us and could bring this country to its knees with an embargo. Gov. Palin has more knowledge than Joe & O and the rest of the lame brain idiots in DC. Most of them have never seen an oil rig or been on an offshore platform. Exploration along with alternative energy and nuke power is a foreign policy issue of momentous proportions. These left wing jackasses hate the oil companies and think they are evil. That in itself is enough to vote against most Democrats.

biccat
10-20-2008, 04:10 PM
if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.
Translation: We're going to overblow anything that happens as an "international crisis" and use that as an excuse to make changes that, if we tell you about before November, would get us laughed out of the race.

Eyelids
10-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Translation: We're going to overblow anything that happens as an "international crisis" and use that as an excuse to make changes that, if we tell you about before November, would get us laughed out of the race.

Same can be said of both candidates. Something the right thing to do isn't popular, it's what made Daddy Bush a good president.

d_va
10-20-2008, 04:17 PM

You betcha :D

Ree
10-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."
A generated crisis?? WTF???
MIHOP? LIHOP? Or just freakin creepy??:eek:

lacarnut
10-20-2008, 04:22 PM
Expanding on that: We will waive the white flag at the UN when we are attacked & beg for their help. These two birds are a couple of left wing liberal dangerous surrender monkeys. Not what we need in a time of crises for sure.

LibraryLady
10-20-2008, 07:17 PM
If Sarah Palin assumes office I am fairly confident they will put enough competent people around her who will basically make every decision for her. She's not capable of being President and I think the higher-ups know that by now. I'm not as frightened of her as I once was.

I am much more frightened of Biden. He is a classic narcissist and will shrug off good advice because he thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

johns777
10-21-2008, 02:11 AM
Same can be said of both candidates. Something the right thing to do isn't popular, it's what made Daddy Bush a good president.

If I understand this correctly, you are advocating that because one chooses to be a control freak then it is O.K. for another to be one too. Change for the better?

When our 'representatives' choose and encourage others to not do what is 'popular' they believe they know better than we do what is good for us, the 'popular' majority. Change towards to control reduces liberty. Is this 'change' for the better?

It has been painfully brought to the attention of all American Wage Earners that the greed, corruption and incompetence in Washington may no longer be tolerated.

A Responsible Rebel and Wolf

Eyelids
10-21-2008, 02:15 AM
If I understand this correctly, you are advocating that because one chooses to be a control freak then it is O.K. for another to be one too. Change for the better?

When our 'representatives' choose and encourage others to not do what is 'popular' they believe they know better than we do what is good for us, the 'popular' majority. Change towards to control reduces liberty. Is this 'change' for the better?

It has been painfully brought to the attention of all American Wage Earners that the greed, corruption and incompetence in Washington may no longer be tolerated.

A Responsible Rebel and Wolf

Would you trust the average American to run this country?

Zathras
10-21-2008, 04:03 AM
Would you trust the average American to run this country?

Much more than the Corrupt Commie from Chicago and his partner The Gaffer.

marinejcksn
10-21-2008, 05:02 AM
Well, I'm stuck in Iraq until February so it'll be close to 4 months before my loins are girded. :p

biccat
10-21-2008, 10:30 AM
No, it means that Eyelids has no response to this news story. He knows it shows his side for the megalomaniacs that they are. Instead of acknowledging the fact that the entire Obama campaign to this point is a sham intended to pull the wool over our eyes, he says that both parties are bad.

That way he gets to attack McCain without having to open his eyes.

btw: thanks for the new quote Eyelids! :)