PDA

View Full Version : SpongeBob SquarePants is a communist!

Rockntractor
02-09-2015, 10:27 AM
It's true, I saw it on the interwebs, all you have to do is Google it. They even have a YouTube where they call him Tiananmen squarePants.

noonwitch
02-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Yeah, but his movie knocked Clint Eastwood's movie out of first place. Plus, I hear both Slash and Bob Dylan are in the Spongebob movie.

It's just as well. It would have been worse if American Sniper was knocked out of first next week by the release of 50 Shades of Grey.

Dori
02-09-2015, 12:11 PM
???? Okay, I'm dense. Sponge Bob is communist because he knocked the sniper movie out of first place?

Rockntractor
02-09-2015, 12:39 PM
???? Okay, I'm dense. Sponge Bob is communist because he knocked the sniper movie out of first place?

He does commie propaganda for the Red Chinese, this is a two sided sponge, a double cleaning agent!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Lanie
02-09-2015, 01:41 PM
It's true, I saw it on the interwebs, all you have to do is Google it. They even have a YouTube where they call him Tiananmen squarePants.

Spnogebob is a good worker. He works for that Capitalist crook Crabs and yet is loyal. Good guy.

Lanie
02-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Yeah, but his movie knocked Clint Eastwood's movie out of first place. Plus, I hear both Slash and Bob Dylan are in the Spongebob movie.

It's just as well. It would have been worse if American Sniper was knocked out of first next week by the release of 50 Shades of Grey.

I'm waiting to see what makes it number one after Valentine's Day. I was thinking I could go see Spongebob and then go watch Fifty Shades. Nice combo. j/k. Just to be patriotic, I better go watch American Sniper. I need to at least see it before I argue with people he wasn't a bad guy. A relative of mine doesn't like it because it got Arabs upset in the theater. I tried to explain to her that he was going after terrorists and not all Arabs feel the same way. I'll have to watch it to see. I've heard there are some disturbing scenes in there.

Elspeth
02-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Isn't this a children's show? Why does anyone over the age of 5 care about it?

noonwitch
02-09-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm waiting to see what makes it number one after Valentine's Day. I was thinking I could go see Spongebob and then go watch Fifty Shades. Nice combo. j/k. Just to be patriotic, I better go watch American Sniper. I need to at least see it before I argue with people he wasn't a bad guy. A relative of mine doesn't like it because it got Arabs upset in the theater. I tried to explain to her that he was going after terrorists and not all Arabs feel the same way. I'll have to watch it to see. I've heard there are some disturbing scenes in there.

Any realistic movie about war is going to have some disturbing scenes.

I tried to read 50 Shades of Grey and gave it up after about 20 pages, because I had little sympathy for the characters and I thought it was poorly written. The trailers I've seen for the movie make it look like it might be better than the book. But, alas, I have no man to go to the movie with and I don't really see the point in getting all hot and bothered without a release for it afterward.

The guy looks pretty hot, though. I've had a crush on the girl's daddy since the 80s, so I just feel old looking at people that young having BDSM sex.

Lanie
02-09-2015, 03:50 PM

I guess you've never watched? IMO, what's fun about Spongebob is that it has jokes in there that the adults can appreciate as well as kids. Nothing dirty or inappropriate, but funny.

THE RESISTANCE
02-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Ahh.

So that yellow color is a is a disguise?
He is really red. Was he a community
organizer at one time?

Elspeth
02-09-2015, 06:55 PM
I guess you've never watched? IMO, what's fun about Spongebob is that it has jokes in there that the adults can appreciate as well as kids. Nothing dirty or inappropriate, but funny.

Ok, then. I will now officially leave this thread. :biggrin-new:

Retread
02-09-2015, 07:30 PM
No matter what anyone says, I was never here.

thundley4
02-09-2015, 08:39 PM

Phineas and Ferb is better, though.

J P Sousa
02-09-2015, 10:24 PM
I watch my four year old grandson. My daughter told me NEVER let him watch sponge bob because it has NO value.

RobJohnson
02-10-2015, 03:47 AM

I think the show has as many adult fans as it does children. Sort of like Disney characters. Myself, I'm not a cartoon watcher. I see enough crazy and funny stuff at work.

noonwitch
02-10-2015, 10:08 AM
I watch my four year old grandson. My daughter told me NEVER let him watch sponge bob because it has NO value.

The only value it has is strictly for kids-Spongebob definitely irritates adults. My nieces went through a Spongebob phase when they were little. It's not as irritating as Barney the Dinosaur, but it's close.

NJCardFan
02-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Any realistic movie about war is going to have some disturbing scenes.

Just to compare. American Sniper is tame compared to Saving Private Ryan.

NJCardFan
02-10-2015, 10:42 AM

Doc McStuffins on Disney Jr. is way better and it serves a purpose.

FlaGator
02-10-2015, 12:44 PM
People, people, people. Sponge Bob is a cartoon character and has no thoughts, ideology or agenda.

Now the people behind Sponge Bob may be up to something but I really don't know.

noonwitch
02-10-2015, 04:11 PM
People, people, people. Sponge Bob is a cartoon character and has no thoughts, ideology or agenda.

Now the people behind Sponge Bob may be up to something but I really don't know.

I think they are into making as much money off of Sponge Bob movies and merchandise as they can before something new comes along to grab the kids' attention.

Rockntractor
02-10-2015, 04:17 PM

You can never fully trust animated cleaning supplies!http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/thinking/smileys-thinking-080140.gif (http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/)

RobJohnson
02-10-2015, 04:24 PM
The only value it has is strictly for kids-Spongebob definitely irritates adults. My nieces went through a Spongebob phase when they were little. It's not as irritating as Barney the Dinosaur, but it's close.

Barney the Dinosaur was very irritating.

Lanie
02-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Barney the Dinosaur was very irritating.

Good to go to sleep to, him and Teletubbies.