PDA

View Full Version : University of Colorado settles with student accused of sexual assault

SVPete
02-27-2015, 08:56 AM
University of Colorado settles with student accused of sexual assault (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/university-of-colorado-settles-with-student-accused-of-sexual-assault/article/2560652)
BY ASHE SCHOW
washingtonexaminer.com
FEBRUARY 24, 2015 | 5:11 PM

A University of Colorado Boulder student has settled with the university after filing a lawsuit alleging mishandling of the investigation into whether he sexually assaulted another student.

The settlement comes at a time when colleges and universities across the country are being sued by students who claim they were not given adequate due process. Now the settlements are coming in, and accused students are increasingly being redressed by the universities that denied them basic due process.

The school’s attorneys initiated the settlement proceedings with the student, referred to as “John Doe” in court documents, and his attorneys. Under the settlement agreement, John will receive $15,000 from the university. The university also released what it would say to prospective schools that John, who agreed to withdraw from the university, to which he may apply.

"In response to any question about whether Mr. Doe would be welcome back to the university, the university will respond in the affirmative," school officials wrote in the settlement agreement, according to a copy obtained by the Colorado Daily. ...
The “false allegation” Lau referred to was the basis of her client’s lawsuit, obtained by the Examiner, which alleges the university found John responsible for sexual misconduct despite the accuser admitting she initially lied about the encounter.
Jane would later admit to university investigators that she “may have stretched the truth” because she was “pissed off,” according to John's lawsuit. She also told the police that she didn’t accurately describe her evening with John and that she thought he was nice guy but then “realized he’s just another douchy frat dude.”

Jane also told police that she wanted to get revenge against John for rebuffing her and wanted “the s*** to be scared out of him.”
Why U Colorado would have done anything with "Jane Doe's" accusation other than toss it out and discipline her for filing a false charge eludes me, but I don't expect that sort of common sense wisdom from academia.

Dan D. Doty
02-27-2015, 11:57 AM
I don't expect that sort of common sense wisdom from academia.

I never have.

Academia today thinks much like third world dictators; the only lacking are the re-education camps, secret police and firing squads.
But given time, they'll have those too.

FlaGator
02-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Right now rape is the in vogue accusation roaming around American culture. The response of the university system is to believe the accuser's initial accusation regardless of the evidence and to give the accused an up close and personal history lesson in the Spanish Inquisition and basically do what they can to ruin his life. I say 'his' because the supported accusers are always female and the victimized accused are always male. I attribute this to the fact that the universities have bought in to the whole 'war on women' thing and are doing their utmost to not appear to be siding with those woman hating conservatives.

Elspeth
02-27-2015, 02:22 PM
University of Colorado settles with student accused of sexual assault (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/university-of-colorado-settles-with-student-accused-of-sexual-assault/article/2560652)
BY ASHE SCHOW
washingtonexaminer.com
FEBRUARY 24, 2015 | 5:11 PM

Why U Colorado would have done anything with "Jane Doe's" accusation other than toss it out and discipline her for filing a false charge eludes me, but I don't expect that sort of common sense wisdom from academia.

The Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights (I bet you didn't know there was one of those) has universities over a barrel. If you had read some of the links I've been posting on this subject for the past year, you'd understand the issue a little better.

Watch this video of due process advocate, KC Johnson, trying to speak about the DOE and due process. Watch the ugliest women in the world try to stop him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH26HU7JldA

Elspeth
02-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Also: the latest Berkeley protest AGAINST due process:

http://www.cotwa.info/2015/02/students-at-berkeley-protest-against.html

Students at Berkeley protest against fairness for college men accused of rape

At a national conference on campus sexual assault and violence hosted by UC Berkeley, students protested a panel discussion on ensuring fair processes for sexual misconduct investigations. See here and here.

Read that again: students protested the very idea that their classmates accused of rape should be treated fairly. This is becoming a disturbing -- indeed, otherworldly -- trend. Recently, college students in Ohio protested due process for men accused of sexual assault by branding it "bullshit."

The Bekeley protesters put duct tape over their mouths and surrounded the perimeter of the room, holding signs of purported survivor testimonies. This was all intended to raise awareness about the insensitive treatment campus rape survivors receive.

My guess is that not one of the speakers on the panel suggested that the kangaroo campus rape process works for anyone -- including accusers. But this particular panel discussion wasn't about the accuser, it was about the accused, and that's what infuriated the protesters. On modern American campuses, there is no room in the public discourse for even one panel discussion about fairness for presumptively innocent men accused of campus rape. Any such talk distracts from the narrative scripted by the sexual grievance industry. It's all about them. If someone dares to talk about the need for silly things like "fairness" or "due process" for the men accused, they are being "insensitive" to rape victims, or they are a "rape apologist," a "victim denier," or a misogynist. In days long gone, insuring fairness in adjudicating guilt or innocence was a Constitutional mandate and a civic virtue. On modern American college campuses, it's "rape culture."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lcRJwScWr1U/VPBmC7RlyJI/AAAAAAAABtM/AWrbDvucQ1s/s1600/10422063_634681119965547_4305033003774110121_n.jpg

Elspeth
02-27-2015, 05:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdiwnjrsk0g