PDA

View Full Version : US preparing to boost aid to Saudi-led coalition

Rockntractor
03-28-2015, 10:06 AM
The U.S. is reportedly preparing to boost its aid to Saudi Arabia in its air assault against rebel forces in Yemen.
The Wall Street Journal, citing military officials, reports the U.S. is going to provide the Saudis with more intel, bombs and aerial refueling missions for planes that are carrying out airstrikes in the embattled Arab nation.
The development comes after the Saudi Arabia-led coalition seized full control of Yemeni airspace after two days of airstrikes targeting Houthi rebels, who have taken control of Yemen’s capital and government, a Saudi Defense Ministry official told the paper.
The campaign has raised fears that Yemen’s crisis could escalate into a regional battle putting Sunni countries against Shiite Iran and the Shiite linked Houthis.
Top Sunni clerics have voiced their support for the Saudi-led intervention in Yemen Friday, while top Iranian leaders including President Hasan Rouhani have already condemned the intervention.
More>http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/28/us-preparing-to-boost-aid-to-saudi-led-coalition-to-fight-houthi-rebels-report/

We are backins the Saudi's in their fight against the Yemeni rebels, meanwhile we are backing Iran who are backing the Yemeni rebels.

Dan D. Doty
03-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Welcome to Obama's war; PC warfare at its finest.

Rockntractor
03-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Welcome to Obama's war; PC warfare at its finest.

I guess if I'm to be consistent I have said before that we should arm both sides and let them kill each other off and that would seem to be what we are doing.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk