PDA

View Full Version : Report: RNC Spent $150K On Sarah Palin's Wardrobe

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Campaign '08 Complete Coverage / About The Candidates & Issues

NEW YORK (CBS) -- Since she's been on the campaign trail, Sarah Palin has received a lot of attention over her wardrobe, her hair, even her glasses.

Now, Politico.com is reporting the Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 on clothes and accessories for Palin and her family.

Politico says the expenditures began early last month, soon after Palin was picked by John McCain to be his running mate.

Palin frequently wears expensive designer clothes on the campaign trail now, points out CBS News correspondent Meg Oliver.

Spending records filed with the Federal Election Commission and obtained by Politico show the RNC paid for "campaign accessories" from upscale department stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue, where nearly $50,000 was spent, Neiman Marcus, $75,000, and $4,700 for hair and makeup.

"The problem with this for the campaign," explains Politico Chief Political Writer Mike Allen, "is it's the kind of thing that can stick in people's minds. At a time when they're cutting back on their own spending, they see a candidate looking extravagant."

And that, observes Oliver, could pose a political risk.

http://cbs4.com/campaign08/sarah.palin.wardrobe.2.846207.html

Goldwater
10-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Were these clothes bought for her because she didn't have enough for the campaign or what?

lacarnut
10-22-2008, 10:47 AM

NEW YORK (CBS) -- Since she's been on the campaign trail, Sarah Palin has received a lot of attention over her wardrobe, her hair, even her glasses.

Now, Politico.com is reporting the Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 on clothes and accessories for Palin and her family.

Politico says the expenditures began early last month, soon after Palin was picked by John McCain to be his running mate.

Palin frequently wears expensive designer clothes on the campaign trail now, points out CBS News correspondent Meg Oliver.

Spending records filed with the Federal Election Commission and obtained by Politico show the RNC paid for "campaign accessories" from upscale department stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue, where nearly $50,000 was spent, Neiman Marcus, $75,000, and $4,700 for hair and makeup.

"The problem with this for the campaign," explains Politico Chief Political Writer Mike Allen, "is it's the kind of thing that can stick in people's minds. At a time when they're cutting back on their own spending, they see a candidate looking extravagant."

And that, observes Oliver, could pose a political risk.

Don't hold your breath to see what expenditures Obama & his wife have racked up. A left wing liberal outfit like CBS would never do that would they? Since the rabid news media has examined just about every facet of the Palin's lives, I am waiting on bended knees to see how much she has spent at the Vet. office for her dog and how much she has spent on maxi-pads. :rolleyes::mad:

super king
10-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Money would have been better spent financing more Obama chums with terrrrrisstss robocalls.

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 11:15 AM
http://www.redcounty.com/sarasota/assets_c/2008/10/palin%20at%20walmart-thumb-600x439.jpg

$4,700.00 for hair and makeup and the baby gets Wal-Mart diapers.

Hypocrisy: Itís whatís for dinner.

GrumpyOldLady
10-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Obama's bitter half - Michelle - spent 500$ on Lobster and Champagne snacks just for herself a few weeks back when they were in NYC.

The voters would be surprised to see what their donation money goes to.

lacarnut
10-22-2008, 11:21 AM
http://www.redcounty.com/sarasota/assets_c/2008/10/palin%20at%20walmart-thumb-600x439.jpg

Hypocrisy: It’s what’s for dinner.

She is a good looking chick and I want her to look her best. What can I say. Plus it did not cost you or I a dime. Now Nancy Pisslosi huge jumbo jet plane as an elevated perk is costing us a shit pot full of extra $$$$$$$. Correct.

YupItsMe
10-22-2008, 11:25 AM

I suppose lib elitists like you buy designer diapers. The baby just shits in them btw, probably the cheaper the better :rolleyes:

lacarnut
10-22-2008, 11:29 AM
I suppose lib elitists like you buy designer diapers. The baby just shits in them btw, probably the cheaper the better :rolleyes:

That's too damn funny.:D:D:D

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Obama's bitter half - Michelle - spent 500$ on Lobster and Champagne snacks just for herself a few weeks back when they were in NYC.

The voters would be surprised to see what their donation money goes to.

Says Page Six's retraction in today's paper: (10/21/08)

"The source who told us last week about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviar delivered to her room at the Waldorf-Astoria must have been under the influence of a mind-altering drug. She was not even staying at the Waldorf. We regret the mistake, and our former source is going to regret it, too. Bread and water would be too good for such disinformation."

:rolleyes:

Exile
10-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I wonder how much the Obama campaign has spent on flea baths for Michelle?

Think PMSNBC will have a story on that any time soon?

ralph wiggum
10-22-2008, 11:49 AM
http://www.conservativecave.com/Smileys/default/OhNoes.gif

linda22003
10-22-2008, 11:57 AM
I wonder how much the Obama campaign has spent on flea baths for Michelle?

Nice. You said you came here from FR; you apparently brought their posting style along with you. :cool:

Ree
10-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Wallly World diapers were better than Pampers or Luvs....They absorb more and don't leak as bad...

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Nice. You said you came here from FR; you apparently brought their posting style along with you. :cool:

Is this the civility that John McCain has called for recently? :rolleyes:

Exile
10-22-2008, 12:14 PM

Did I make a faux pas? Michelle, muh Belle Obama just ticks me off. Especially the way she used to hit Redd Foxx with her purse all the time on Sanford and Son.

jinxmchue
10-22-2008, 12:21 PM

Yeah, no shit, Sherlock. NOW you care about stuff like this, but where the fuck were you Democrat dicksuckers when your candidates were doing things like holding up air traffic so they could get overpriced haircuts or getting Botox treatments? Take your hypocritical outrage and shove it sideways, m'kay?

jinxmchue
10-22-2008, 12:23 PM
http://www.conservativecave.com/Smileys/default/OhNoes.gif

Agreed. If this were about any Democrat, LogansDumbassPapa wouldn't give a damn.

ralph wiggum
10-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Did I make a faux pas? Michelle, muh Belle Obama just ticks me off. Especially the way she used to hit Redd Foxx with her purse all the time on Sanford and Son.

BWAAAH!!!! Good one and welcome, Exile! :D

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, no shit, Sherlock. NOW you care about stuff like this, but where the fuck were you Democrat dicksuckers when your candidates were doing things like holding up air traffic so they could get overpriced haircuts or getting Botox treatments? Take your hypocritical outrage and shove it sideways, m'kay?

http://oneyearbibleimages.com/jesuswept2.jpg

linda22003
10-22-2008, 12:38 PM
And that's one of our "Christian" posters! :p

InspiredHome
10-22-2008, 12:41 PM

Hey man. Walmart diapers rock. Take this from a mama of 3. :p

asdf2231
10-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Hey here's one for CrapWeasel Junior:

GOTTA EAT: OBAMA CAMP SPENDS $437,144 ON FOOD... $21,500,862 ON POLLING

http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://209.183.235.3/pres08/expend.php?cid=N00009638&cycle=2008

Troll
10-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I don't get what the big deal is. This is campaign money, right? You don't get to stop eating, drinking, dressing and talking on the phone because you're trying to get elected - these things still need to be paid for. I think if people contribute money to an election campaign, they realize they are giving that money away to be used by the campaign however they need to use it. If it were taxpayer money, that would be a problem, but this just seems to be a non-issue.

super king
10-22-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't get what the big deal is. This is campaign money, right? You don't get to stop eating, drinking, dressing and talking on the phone because you're trying to get elected - these things still need to be paid for. I think if people contribute money to an election campaign, they realize they are giving that money away to be used by the campaign however they need to use it. If it were taxpayer money, that would be a problem, but this just seems to be a non-issue.

I pretty much agree. It is their money. However, spending it on clothes or expensive food doesn't seem like a great way to use it.

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't get what the big deal is. This is campaign money, right?

And yet when Michelle Obama was supposedly wolfing down lobster in a fancy hotel it was? :rolleyes:

Troll
10-22-2008, 01:31 PM
And yet when Michelle Obama was supposedly wolfing down lobster in a fancy hotel it was?

Again, I don't see what the big deal is. I'm not expecting her to be eating scrapple sandwiches on Wonderbread and staying at Motel 6. It's a donation; if anyone has a problem with how it's spent, stop donating.

I think it's easy to look at the campaign money for a politician who raises millions of dollars a month trying to get elected and find little things you may not agree with. I'll bet if you looked at every cent raised by McCain and Obama, you'd find a lot of money spent on junk like cigarettes, soda, magazines, etc.

The way I see it, the candidates get to keep whatever money they don't spend at the end of the campaign (right?). Maybe if they had to donate the left over money to charity, I'd be angry to know that McCain spent $500 on silly string and pork rinds when he could have saved a few panda bears. As it stands, I'm really not bothered.

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 01:52 PM
As it stands, I'm really not bothered.

Apparently there are quite a few members that disagree with your reasoning:

Michelle Obama called room service and ordered lobster hors d'oeuvres, two whole steamed lobsters, Iranian caviar and champagne, a tipster told Page Six.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10172008/gossip/pagesix/obamas_fancy_snack_133922.htm

Yeah, the Obamas REALLY care about the middle class.:rolleyes:

It's all good. that stuff was more than likely prepared & delivered by Middle class Waldorf-Astoria employees.

Quote: I'd like to hear how Barack Obama didn't earn what he has today...

..he did it by putting on Ayers....

The point is that they CLAIM to be average joes. Do you know anyone who is not an effete elitist snob who eats caviar???

BTW - odds on who paid the bill for that snack? I'm betting the campaign.

Yeah, Obama is just like the common man......

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Obama/2951764646_fe1caabce1_o.jpg

Troll
10-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Apparently there are quite a few members that disagree with your reasoning:

I'm used to that. ;)

jinxmchue
10-22-2008, 02:39 PM
And that's one of our "Christian" posters! :p

I'm Christian, not perfect. Something about liberals and their stupidity brings out the worst in me. Doesn't change the fact that people like LDP said and say NOTHING when Democrats are found to be doing stuff like this.

Bottom line: it's campaign money, not tax dollars. People voluntarily gave this money to the candidates. Bitch all you want about it, there's nothing wrong with it.

linda22003
10-22-2008, 02:50 PM
I actually agree with you, Jinx, but sometimes you post like you have Tourette's in your fingers.

enslaved1
10-22-2008, 02:56 PM
I don't think either side should be spending donated campaign money on extravagances like any of the example provided. It's a sign of how they are going to be handling the tax money they will be doling out once in office. As far as outrage over the article, how much effort is being spent by CBS, the source according to the byline, looking into Obama's spending habits? Is it proportionate? Are they finding anything similar? Is it being reported?

cat714
10-22-2008, 04:10 PM

..Now, Politico.com is reporting the Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 on clothes and accessories for Palin and her family...

...Spending records filed with the Federal Election Commission and obtained by Politico show the RNC paid for "campaign accessories" from upscale department stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue, where nearly $50,000 was spent, Neiman Marcus, $75,000, and $4,700 for hair and makeup...

You must be bored LP to post something so lame and unimportant. Some people, on both sides, will care, but a lot Americans don't think twice about it. It's also foolish for politico.com to make this an issue because they have now opened Obama's campaign to the same scrutiny, but you won't hear about it on MSM. When you look at how much campaigns costs, $150,000 isn't a lot to spend on clothes and other accesories. :rolleyes: Go fly a kite.

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I actually agree with you, Jinx, but sometimes you post like you have Tourette's in your fingers.

Oh Lord! Now that's funny! :p:D:p:D

JB
10-22-2008, 04:23 PM
I actually agree with you, Jinx, but sometimes you post like you have Tourette's in your fingers.When you type can you even see your fingers with your nose in the way?

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 04:29 PM
You must be bored LP to post something so lame and unimportant.

What youíre not even attempting to grasp here is that just a few days ago folks (some in this forum) were wringing their hands over what Michelle Obama had supposedly spent for room service and it was a complete fabrication, versus Palinís $150k, which is a matter of public record.

Whatís good for the goose is good for the moose. :cool:

Teetop
10-22-2008, 05:32 PM
And the RNC has made it clear the clothes and all would be donated to charity, that's still not good enough for some morons. :rolleyes:

MrsSmith
10-22-2008, 06:20 PM
And the RNC has made it clear the clothes and all would be donated to charity, that's still not good enough for some morons. :rolleyes:

You've got to remember that, to a lib, the only real charity is the government. Never mind that whatever "fake" charity receives these clothes could auction them off for a ton more than the original purchase price...

Carhartt jacket worn by Kirk Cameron on the movie "Fireproof" (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320310872484)

This sold for just a little more than the original price.

But don't let that disturb your little hate fest, LogansPapa. :rolleyes:

cat714
10-22-2008, 08:36 PM
What youíre not even attempting to grasp here is that just a few days ago folks (some in this forum) were wringing their hands over what Michelle Obama had supposedly spent for room service and it was a complete fabrication, versus Palinís $150k, which is a matter of public record.

I read that post when it was posted a few days ago and didn't care one way or the other. Like I said, some people care about things while many don't. Besides, the McCain campaign is donating the clothing to charity when the election is over. Can't do that with the lobster and Iranian caviar...YUCK! LOL!

Space Gravy
10-22-2008, 08:46 PM
My only worry is could this money have been better spent on voting machines or possibly upgrades to the weather machine?

MrsSmith
10-22-2008, 09:49 PM
My only worry is could this money have been better spent on voting machines or possibly upgrades to the weather machine?
Didn't they already upgrade the weather machine? I could swear the last newsletter mentioned it. Now, where did I put that thing...

SaintLouieWoman
10-22-2008, 11:04 PM
BWAAAH!!!! Good one and welcome, Exile! :D
Welcome from me, too.

SaintLouieWoman
10-22-2008, 11:07 PM
I pretty much agree. It is their money. However, spending it on clothes or expensive food doesn't seem like a great way to use it.

How would Palin be attacked if she went out on the campaign trail wearing her clothes from Alaska? They've brutalized her for everything. She can't win.

How much do you think the other half of the Obama messiah team spends on clothes? I suspect way more than Palin's expenditures. Anyone who spends $500 for snacks would spend much more on clothes.

I'm sick of the Palin bashing. It's obscene.

lacarnut
10-23-2008, 12:36 AM

Obama has spent 20 million on polling and over 400 thousand on food. You have your bowels in a uproar over Palin's clothes that will be donated to a charity and be used for a good cause. Wow.

Both political parties have co- patents on elitist snobbery and indulgence. After a DC critters is elected a couple of times, the disease becomes terminal for most politicians. Gov. Pallin has not gotten there.