PDA

View Full Version : To All Who Don't Think The Death Penalty Is A Deterrant

NJCardFan
04-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Here is a guy convicted of murder and during his trial the death penalty was sought but the judge sentenced him to 30 years. He gets paroled, and he kills again: http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2015/04/once_targeted_for_death_penalty_nj_man_headed_to_p .html

noonwitch
04-10-2015, 09:34 AM
1. The prosecutor reduced the charges to manslaughter in the 1994 case. 30 years was the most the judge could sentence him to. The article also mentioned that the guy was developmentally delayed-maybe that was why the prosecutor reduced the charges? I'm not agreeing with that decision, considering the shooting occurred during an armed robbery, just wondering if that is the case as the article doesn't spell it out.

2. If he had been convicted in Michigan of first degree murder for the same offense as the 1994 case, he would have received a mandatory life sentence with no parole. He wouldn't have been free to kill again.

Lanie
04-10-2015, 12:46 PM
If only they'd stick to life in prison.

Seriously, we put people into prison where they can be repeatedly abused, made worse, and then we let them back out. Hmmmmm.

I was telling my mom last night this won't deter terrorism with the Boston killer. Those people want to die. They think they're going something great for God.

Rockntractor
04-10-2015, 12:49 PM
If only they'd stick to life in prison.

Seriously, we put people into prison where they can be repeatedly abused, made worse, and then we let them back out. Hmmmmm.

I was telling my mom last night this won't deter terrorism with the Boston killer. Those people want to die. They think they're going something great for God.

I have no trouble with sending them directly to God, avoid the middleman, let God decide the ultimate punishment.

Lanie
04-10-2015, 02:31 PM
I have no trouble with sending them directly to God, avoid the middleman, let God decide the ultimate punishment.

If you kill them, then you're the middleman.

Rockntractor
04-10-2015, 02:33 PM
If you kill them, then you're the middleman.

You're Carlton the doorman

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk