PDA

View Full Version : AP presidential poll: All even in the homestretch

bijou
10-22-2008, 03:26 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/x1wrhi.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) - The presidential race tightened after the final debate, with John McCain gaining among whites and people earning less than $50,000, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll that shows McCain and Barack Obama essentially running even among likely voters in the election homestretch.
The poll, which found Obama at 44 percent and McCain at 43 percent, supports what some Republicans and Democrats privately have said in recent days: that the race narrowed after the third debate as GOP-leaning voters drifted home to their party and McCain's "Joe the plumber" analogy struck a chord.

Three weeks ago, an AP-GfK survey found that Obama had surged to a seven-point lead over McCain, lifted by voters who thought the Democrat was better suited to lead the nation through its sudden economic crisis.

The contest is still volatile, and the split among voters is apparent less than two weeks before Election Day.

link (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93VM4PO0&show_article=1)

There's a poll for every opinion at the moment. :D

JB
10-22-2008, 04:04 PM
There's a poll for every opinion at the moment. :DI don't know if there's a thread on CU about it but Barry's internal pollsters accidentally leaked a memo that Bar is only up 2 in Pennsylvania where the external pollsters have him up 10. I guess that's why we point and laugh at the CU liberal poll-posting puke. :D

Besides, the GOP election stealing machine is still parked in the garage and hasn't been started up yet.

bijou
10-22-2008, 04:08 PM
I don't know if there's a thread on CU about it but Barry's internal pollsters accidentally leaked a memo that Bar is only up 2 in Pennsylvania where the external pollsters have him up 10. I guess that's why we point and laugh at the CU liberal poll-posting puke. :D

Besides, the GOP election stealing machine is still parked in the garage and hasn't been started up yet.

related to this? :D (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/10/rendell-nervous.html)

Rendell ‘Nervous’ McCain Could Win Pennsylvania
October 22, 2008 9:37 AM

McCain McMentum?

Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell wants Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., back in the Keystone State. He's worried Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., could still pull off a victory there.

"I don’t want to be selfish,” Rendell told CNN. “But I’m still a little nervous, so I have asked Obama to come back. We understand he’s got demands from 20 different states, but we’d like to see him here.”

Rendell sent the leadership of the Obama campaign two e-mails asking them to get Obama to Western Pennsylvania, along with asking for Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., to come back into the state, where she trounced Obama in the primaries, ABC News Political Director David Chalian reports.

BDMcGee
10-23-2008, 02:15 AM
I don't know if there's a thread on CU about it but Barry's internal pollsters accidentally leaked a memo that Bar is only up 2 in Pennsylvania where the external pollsters have him up 10. I guess that's why we point and laugh at the CU liberal poll-posting puke. :D

Yep, right here :)

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=6701

movie buff
10-23-2008, 06:42 AM
This election's clearly not over 'till it's over.
btw, I'll be voting absentee tomorrow.

Odysseus
10-23-2008, 11:30 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/x1wrhi.jpg
There's a poll for every opinion at the moment. :D
Tell me about it: :D

Obama Leads Among "Formerly Living" Voters
http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/shaun-of-the-dead-zombies-small.jpg
Formerly living voters line up at an ACORN get-out-the-vote rally.

A new Zogby poll among likely voters shows that Barack Obama has taken a commanding lead among dead, or "Formerly Living" voters in several key swing states by margins of as much as 90%. Analysts attribute this lead to an extraordinary outreach by advocacy groups such as ACORN, which have been focusing their efforts on new voter registrations in this previously underserved community, as well as specific concerns that the formerly living have expressed to pollsters. Speaking anonymously, a Chicago alderman stated that the formerly living have always been seen as a key constituency in this critical state, and have often played a major role in picking winners in Illinois politics.

The overwhelming majority of formerly living voters expressed admiration for Obama's intelligence, citing "Braaaaaaaaaaaaiiins" as their number one concern, followed by the economy, health care and decomposition.

The poll had a margin of error of +/- 17%. A Zogby spokesman explained the high error percentage on the number of pollsters who were devoured prior to posting their results.

This election's clearly not over 'till it's over.
btw, I'll be voting absentee tomorrow.
This will be my first election in TX. I'm doing it in person just so that I can gauge the local turnout.

Eyelids
10-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Rendell wants Obama to come back because it helps all the Democrats in the state when he's around.

Molon Labe
10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
folks
Even the fox news poll has Obama up by 9. This is not a a good thing if you're a McCain fan.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

crockspot
10-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Rendell wants Obama to come back because it helps all the Democrats in the state when he's around.

What, are you Rendell's personal spin doctor now? There's a goddamn quote up above that is as clear as day why he wants Obama back.

Eyelids
10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
What, are you Rendell's personal spin doctor now? There's a goddamn quote up above that is as clear as day why he wants Obama back.

Because politicians always make their intentions clear.

Odysseus
10-23-2008, 02:54 PM

You know, you've convinced me. It's in the bag for Obama. In fact, I'm so sure of it that I suggest that you not even bother going to the polls on election day. Just kick back, enjoy the time off and get a bunch of your similiarly inclined friends to do the same. In fact, you should go over to DU and get them all to take off for the day and not bother voting. After all, it's a done deal, right? :D

Eyelids
10-23-2008, 04:02 PM
You know, you've convinced me. It's in the bag for Obama. In fact, I'm so sure of it that I suggest that you not even bother going to the polls on election day. Just kick back, enjoy the time off and get a bunch of your similiarly inclined friends to do the same. In fact, you should go over to DU and get them all to take off for the day and not bother voting. After all, it's a done deal, right? :D

I've said this before, but in IL (which Obama will win by 20-30 points) the least important or meaningful vote on my ballot will be for President.

YupItsMe
10-23-2008, 04:15 PM

This just in, hot off the wire.

Due to unexpected voter turnout this year the Federal Elections Commission has mandated that Republicans vote on Tuesday, November 4, 2008 and Democrats vote on Wednesday, November 5, 2008. Please circulate to all polling precincts

SaintLouieWoman
10-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I've said this before, but in IL (which Obama will win by 20-30 points) the least important or meaningful vote on my ballot will be for President.
Of course he'll win. The machine in Chicago assures it. Acorn did their job well. The downstate voters are disinfranchised by the corruption.

Odysseus
10-23-2008, 05:12 PM
C'mon, Lids, put your money where your mouth is and stay home.

Of course he'll win. The machine in Chicago assures it. Acorn did their job well. The downstate voters are disinfranchised by the corruption.
Shhhh! If enough living people don't show up at the polls, the corpse vote won't carry the day.

SaintLouieWoman
10-23-2008, 05:51 PM
C'mon, Lids, put your money where your mouth is and stay home.

Shhhh! If enough living people don't show up at the polls, the corpse vote won't carry the day.

But those graveyards are soooo full of potential voters. And don't forget Mickey Mouse. :D

Eyelids
10-23-2008, 08:56 PM

Obama is from Chicago, which is a pretty large city in IL.

Shannon
10-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Obama is from Chicago, which is a pretty large city in IL.

No shit. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Sonnabend
10-24-2008, 07:13 AM

*chokes on coffee*

Have you always been this naive? :eek: