PDA

View Full Version : I'm am tiring of making fun of Palin - it's not a challenge any longer

Carol
10-22-2008, 05:45 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7562013)

ashling (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 05:04 PM
Original message
I'm am tiring of making fun of Palin - it's not a challenge any longer
Advertisements [?]well, come to think of it, it never really was. But she's just making it tooooo easy!
An "intellectual" who thinks she is going to run the Senate in her new GOP designer outfit. Sheesh! (falling down laughing icon)
Lucky 13 (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 05:06 PM
Response to Original message
2. I know. It's starting to feel like I'm picking on the "slow kid"
Not nice. (Falling down laughing icon)

Oh well. Imagine that. When you blatently lie about someone, make fun of tjhem, criticize them, and bash them all because you don't agree with their point of view, it eventially is no longer a challenge.

And of course it's easy to do when you lie and say whatever you want no matter what.

A NOTE TO DUers-WHAT YOU SAY AND HOW YOU ACT TOWARD HER SAYS MORE ABOUT YOU THAN IT SAYS ABOUT SARAH PALIN. You won't agree but all the normal people out ther will agree.

LogansPapa
10-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Palin = Evangelicals = McCain’s voter base. End of story. You blew it, John. :rolleyes:

MrsSmith
10-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Palin = Evangelicals = McCain’s voter base. End of story. You blew it, John. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's only 1/3 to 1/2 of the population.

Eyelids
10-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, that's only 1/3 to 1/2 of the population.

Thankfully Evangelicals are not 50% of our nations population.

Speedy
10-22-2008, 08:50 PM

They outnumber the fuck out of the atheists, though.

SarasotaRepub
10-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Well we'll never tire of making fun out of you DUmmies ashling. :D

Molon Labe
10-22-2008, 09:43 PM

That did work very well for W in 2000 and 2004 though.

MrsSmith
10-22-2008, 09:47 PM

No, probably only about 45%.

Eyelids
10-23-2008, 03:38 AM
No, probably only about 45%.

A quick check of Wikipedia places the number at 26%. I know, it's Wikipedia but still 45% seems way too high.

marinejcksn
10-23-2008, 05:21 AM
"I'm tired of making fun of Palin, it's too easy."

-Says the level 4 dwarf surfing websites in his mom's basement inbetween matches of D & D and WoW. :D :rolleyes: :D

Game, set, match. All of us with jobs who don't dedicate our lives to the DUmp say what what. :cool:

marinejcksn
10-23-2008, 05:26 AM
A quick check of Wikipedia places the number at 26%. I know, it's Wikipedia but still 45% seems way too high.

Evangelical type Christians I wouldn't put at 45% of the country, but just people who identify with Christianity I think would be at least 45%.

What cracks me up is Palin isn't even an Evangelical Christian. The label comes from those who don't understand christianity that well. She's pro-life and doesn't believe in gay marriage, those aren't only Evangelical beliefs. She isn't out preaching Hellfire and Brimstone or the End of Days....she's just a regular Christian. People misuse the term so often. :p

movie buff
10-23-2008, 06:57 AM
Evangelical type Christians I wouldn't put at 45% of the country, but just people who identify with Christianity I think would be at least 45%.

What cracks me up is Palin isn't even an Evangelical Christian. The label comes from those who don't understand christianity that well. She's pro-life and doesn't believe in gay marriage, those aren't only Evangelical beliefs. She isn't out preaching Hellfire and Brimstone or the End of Days....she's just a regular Christian. People misuse the term so often. :p

It's not that they unknowingly misuse the term, it's that they see it as an excellent label for them to use to slam all conservative Christians.

LogansPapa
10-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Palin was born into a Catholic family. Later her family joined the Wasilla Assembly of God, a Pentecostal church. Palin attended the Wasilla Assembly of God until 2002. Palin says she switched to Wasilla Bible Church because she preferred the children's ministries there. When in Juneau, she attends the Juneau Christian Center. Her current home church is the Wasilla Bible Church, an independent congregation. Palin described herself in an interview as a "Bible-believing Christian." After the Republican National Convention, a spokesperson for the McCain campaign told CNN that Palin "doesn't consider herself Pentecostal" and has "deep religious convictions."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin#Personal_life

The Wasilla Bible Church is a non-denominational, evangelical Christian church in Wasilla, Alaska. Pastor Larry Kroon describes the congregation as "socially conservative." Wasilla Bible Church offers ministries devoted to family affairs, including the popular support group for Christian mothers of small children called Mothers of Preschoolers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasilla_Bible_Church

marinejcksn
10-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Evangelicalism is a theological movement, tradition, and system of beliefs, most closely associated with Protestant Christianity, which identifies with the Gospel.

Toward the end of the 20th century some have tended to confuse evangelicalism and fundamentalism, but they are not the same; the labels represent very distinct differences of approach which both groups are diligent to maintain. Both groups seek to maintain an identity as theological conservatives; evangelicals, however, seek to distance themselves from stereotypical perceptions of the "fundamentalist" posture, of antagonism toward the larger society, advocating involvement in the surrounding community rather than separation from it.

Evangelical isn't a dirty word, but panic-ridden Libs use it as if it were. :D

jinxmchue
10-23-2008, 12:07 PM

You should see WP's number for atheists/agnostics.

LogansPapa
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Evangelical isn't a dirty word, but panic-ridden Libs use it as if it were. :D

Nah - MumboJumbo is pretty much.......well, MumboJumbo.;)

Eyelids
10-23-2008, 12:36 PM
You should see WP's number for atheists/agnostics.

We really dont feel the need to make everyone believe the same way we do, so the numbers dont matter.

crockspot
10-23-2008, 12:41 PM
We really dont feel the need to make everyone believe the same way we do, so the numbers dont matter.

You're actually quite amusing.

Zathras
10-23-2008, 01:37 PM
ashling (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-22-08 05:04 PM
Original message
I'm am tiring of making fun of Palin - it's not a challenge any longer

God, what a quitter. I mean, it's not a challenge making fun of Blinky and the rest of you DUmbasses (since you provide all the ammo we'll ever need), but that doesn't mean we won't stop doing it.

AmPat
10-24-2008, 12:17 AM
What you should have said is "thank God for evangelicals." You of all people, with your hand held out proudly, palm up, like a true entitlement liberal leach, should appreciate at a minimum the generosity of Evangelicals.:rolleyes: