PDA

View Full Version : Oh, these wonderful polls.

Full-Auto
10-22-2008, 06:22 PM
One poll conducted by the Associated Press has Obama at 44% and McCain at 43%.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081022/D93VPI9O0.html

Then in another story, Zogby has the split at 51% to 42% in Obama's favor.
http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews1604.html

Classic.

d_va
10-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm more concerned about early voting? Dems are showing up 2-1 in those states?

....so sez the media ;)

Guess I'll just stay home Nov 4 :rolleyes:

Eyelids
10-22-2008, 07:09 PM

Well duh, the Obama campaign has been pushing people to vote as early as possible. It's a pretty good way to get the youth vote to actually show up.

Constitutionally Speaking
10-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Well duh, the Obama campaign has been pushing people to vote as early as possible. It's a pretty good way to get the youth vote to actually show up.

It gives the Dems extra time to vote multiple times using the extra "people" ACORN registered for them.

Eyelids
10-22-2008, 07:18 PM
It gives the Dems extra time to vote multiple times using the extra "people" ACORN registered for them.

Two things:

1) ACORN has to submit any registration given to them, its the law. If they dont they are breaking the law.
2) Just because somebody is registered doesn't mean they actually vote. The person who registered Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse would actually have to show up and be at the polling place in order for any votes under that registration to count.

InspiredHome
10-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Two things:

1) ACORN has to submit any registration given to them, its the law. If they dont they are breaking the law.
2) Just because somebody is registered doesn't mean they actually vote. The person who registered Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse would actually have to show up and be at the polling place in order for any votes under that registration to count.

Then someone would just need to show up with some Decon

BadCat
10-22-2008, 07:39 PM

....so sez the media ;)

Guess I'll just stay home Nov 4 :rolleyes:

Hey, it's not like they have jobs or anything else to do.

Eyelids
10-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey, it's not like they have jobs or anything else to do.
It would actually make more sense for people WITH jobs to vote early considering we vote on a fucking Tuesday.

lacarnut
10-22-2008, 08:20 PM
It would actually make more sense for people WITH jobs to vote early considering we vote on a fucking Tuesday.

No dumb-ass, most people vote either prior or after work in their own neighborhood rather than having to go to some shit-hole big city courthouse. Also, they drive their own cars rather than being herded into an Acorn bus. When you get a job and start working, your opinion might have some value. Until then, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, Junior.

cat714
10-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Well duh, the Obama campaign has been pushing people to vote as early as possible.

Yeah, they need the votes from the felons, illegals, cartoon characters, dead people, animals, etc in order to be competative in the election.

Speedy
10-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Almost every employer I have ever had will give you time to vote during the work day. A couple with pay. In 2004 when I had my gas station, I had my employees register and I pressed them to vote. Did not matter for who, just to exercise their right to do so.

BadCat
10-22-2008, 08:52 PM
I already voted. Last night. Mail-in ballot, great things.

I took great joy in voting for the amendment to define marriage solely as the "union between one man and one woman".

Bob Barr was on the ballot too. Didn't vote for him.

YupItsMe
10-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Well duh, the Obama campaign has been pushing people to vote as early as possible. It's a the only way to get the vote in before the voter registration is reurned "Addressee Unknown" .

Fixed for honesty :mad: