PDA

View Full Version : Report: China Tells Muslim Businesses They Must Sell Alcohol or Risk Shutdown

Rockntractor
05-05-2015, 11:11 PM
China is reportedly ordering businesses in a village in the Muslim-majority Xinjiang region to sell alcohol and cigarettes or face being shut down, according to Radio Free Asia (http://www.rfa.org/english/news/uyghur/order-05042015133944.html).

An April 29 directive instructed restaurant and shop owners in Aktash, a predominantly Muslim Uighur village, to promote the goods in “eye-catching displays,” RFA reported. It’s considered a sin to consume alcohol under Islam.
“All restaurants and supermarkets in our village should place five different brands of alcohol and cigarettes in their shops before [May 1, 2015],” local authorities announced, according to the report. “Anybody who neglects this notice and fails to act will see their shops sealed off, their business suspended, and legal action pursued against them.”
The announcement was signed by the Aktash village Party Committee of Laskuy Township, which stated that the goal of the initiative was to increase “convenience” to the public.
But Aktash village party committee secretary Adil Sulayman told RFA that the policy aimed “to weaken religion here.”
China has faced terrorist attacks believed to have been carried out by Uighur militants, including knife attacks and vehicular assaults on pedestrians.
Moe>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/05/05/report-china-tells-muslim-businesses-they-must-sell-alcohol-or-risk-shutdown/

They should sell Spam too.
(http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/05/05/report-china-tells-muslim-businesses-they-must-sell-alcohol-or-risk-shutdown/)

SarasotaRepub
05-06-2015, 09:05 AM
I see a market for bomb making materials going thru the roof...so to speak.

noonwitch
05-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Some of the Muslim-owned Middle Eastern restaurants around here started serving alcohol, not because anyone made them do so, but because the owners realized how much more money they could make if they did so. My favorite place doesn't sell it, but they are more of a lunch-based business than a dinner-based one.

The Chinese government proves once again that despite some progress, they still don't understand the basics of capitalism.

Lanie
05-06-2015, 11:13 AM
And this is what we can expect if we keep allowing businesses to be bullied into doing what they don't want to do. We'll be like China.

You all should be happy. It wasn't Christians this time. lol.

Dori
05-06-2015, 02:11 PM
The Chinese are communists. I thought part of communism was anti-Religion. I'm actually surprised they allow it in their country.

noonwitch
05-07-2015, 08:57 AM
The Chinese are communists. I thought part of communism was anti-Religion. I'm actually surprised they allow it in their country.

The Chinese probably watch the Muslims as closely as they watch the Christian "house churches" that don't have official government sanction. If not more closely-Islamic terrorism is a threat to their society, too, in the same ways that it is to ours.

SarasotaRepub
05-07-2015, 11:37 AM
The Chinese probably watch the Muslims as closely as they watch the Christian "house churches" that don't have official government sanction. If not more closely-Islamic terrorism is a threat to their society, too, in the same ways that it is to ours.

And the Chi-Coms won't be restrained.