PDA

View Full Version : Vatican recognizes "State of Palestine."

Lanie
05-13-2015, 09:30 PM
he Vatican recognized Palestinian statehood in a treaty Wednesday, generating praise from Palestinians and criticism from Israelis, who said the move does not advance peace efforts.

An announcement from the Holy See on long-discussed bilateral issues with Palestinians said an agreement was reached with the “State of Palestine,” a change from the Roman Catholic Church’s diplomatic recognition of the Palestine Liberation Organization.

“Yes, it’s a recognition that the state exists,” said the Rev. Federico Lombardi, the Vatican spokesman, according to the Associated Press.

Palestinian Ambassador to the Vatican Issa Qseieieh said the agreement concluded negotiations about “bilateral relations between Palestine and the Vatican on the political level” as well as other principles regarding the “status and rights of the Catholic Church in Palestine,” according to the official Palestinian news agency WAFA.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas on Friday plans to visit the Vatican, where he is expected to meet with Pope Francis as well as attend the canonization of two Palestinian nuns.

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-vatican-palestinians-20150513-story.html

What is wrong with the Vatican?

Rockntractor
05-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Liberation theology has snuck in.

Dori
05-13-2015, 11:07 PM
Liberation theology has snuck in.

LOL...before you know it, the Pope will believe in man made global warming too

oh wait........he already does :concern:

Rockntractor
05-13-2015, 11:12 PM
LOL...before you know it, the Pope will believe in man made global warming too

oh wait........he already does :concern:

When conservative Catholics fully realize who he is there will be a mass exodus from the church. They have fought to keep this out for many years.

Lanie
05-13-2015, 11:37 PM
When conservative Catholics fully realize who he is there will be a mass exodus from the church. They have fought to keep this out for many years.

The church survived the inquisition, the child molesters, and other things. It will survive this too.

I understand that he wants to make peace with the Muslims. Great! Why does he have to recognize a "state" ran by terrorists? If Palestine could get some leaders who weren't terrorists, that would be one thing.

Elspeth
05-14-2015, 02:28 AM

The writing was on the wall when they pushed Benedict to the side.

THE RESISTANCE
05-14-2015, 07:08 AM
We have a Pope serving two masters.
Karl Marx and God and I believe that is the
correct order of who he serves.

SarasotaRepub
05-14-2015, 09:27 AM
So...I guess the Pope is going to sell some of the Church's Gazillion$$$
worth of assets to "help" the poor widdle Terror... I mean Palestinians???

Yeah, probably not. :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
05-14-2015, 10:08 AM
According to Biblical prophecy, when the end times come, there will be a false prophet. I'm beginning to believe that this pope is that false prophet.

Lanie
05-14-2015, 10:24 AM
This is going to sound awful, but I'm wondering if this isn't because ISIS has supposedly reached the Vatican.

The truth is the Pope did some questionable things during Hitler's reign too.

On edit: Perhaps it's time to do an apology tour with the Jews......again.

noonwitch
05-14-2015, 01:04 PM
This is going to sound awful, but I'm wondering if this isn't because ISIS has supposedly reached the Vatican.

The truth is the Pope did some questionable things during Hitler's reign too.

On edit: Perhaps it's time to do an apology tour with the Jews......again.

My problem with recognizing Palestine as a nation separate from Israel is that the average Palestinean is much better off, from a perspective of financial success and human/women's rights, as part of the nation of Israel than they will ever be as an independent nation.

It's unfortunat that the majority of Paletstineans don't realize this. Some do-mostly Palestinean Christians do. They want to remain part of Israel.

djones520
05-14-2015, 01:11 PM
It's mostly because they've been brainwashed, Noonwitch. Just like North Korea, there will never be a peacable solution to this, simply because of the damage done to the people, by their government.

Lanie
05-14-2015, 02:59 PM
My problem with recognizing Palestine as a nation separate from Israel is that the average Palestinean is much better off, from a perspective of financial success and human/women's rights, as part of the nation of Israel than they will ever be as an independent nation.

It's unfortunat that the majority of Paletstineans don't realize this. Some do-mostly Palestinean Christians do. They want to remain part of Israel.

My main problem with it is that they have no leaders who aren't terrorists.

noonwitch
05-14-2015, 04:06 PM
My main problem with it is that they have no leaders who aren't terrorists.

That, too.

Isaiah 60 makes a lot of promises to Gentiles who do right by Israel. It's the chapter that begins:

"Arise, shine, for thy light is come
and the Glory of the Lord is risen upon thee".

There are promises for Israel and for those who ally with her.

txradioguy
05-15-2015, 09:05 AM
How is it that the Vatican can recognize a "state" that doesn't exist in any way shape or form?

Palestinians missed their shot at having their own country back in 1948.

Guess the Pope didn't get the message?