PDA

View Full Version : GOP Shouldn't Accept Caitlyn Jenner

RobJohnson
06-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh says the GOP should not be so quick to give up the fight for what is "normal" by accepting transgenderism, even though its most famous advocate identifies as a Republican.

Bruce Jenner shocked viewers when he told ABC's Diane Sawyer in April he was a Republican in an interview announcing he was transitioning to a woman. Jenner now identifies as a woman and goes by the name Caitlyn.
Liberals are trying to "redefine normalcy," Limbaugh said on his show Tuesday, and conservatives and Republicans are "the new weirdos."
matter how you define it."

Transgender issues are part of a political objective to normalize "marginal behavior," he said. "
"I mean, if less than 1 percent of the population is engaging in it, it’s marginalized behavior. It isn’t normal, no matter how you define it."

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/rush-limbaugh-bruce-jenner-transgender-republicans/2015/06/03/id/648603/?Dkt_nbr=r1huzyzg&nmx_source=Conservative_Underground_Conservative_F eed&nmx_medium=widget&nmx_content=406&nmx_campaign=widgetphase2

Dori
06-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is 'Mental Disorder ...
Sex change biologically impossible

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

Lanie
06-04-2015, 12:45 PM
I really wish Rush would STFU in life. Just saying. This is the same guy who called a woman a whore on his show. You all can defend him if you want, but he's a parasite to the conservative movement just because he opens his mouth.

Dori
06-04-2015, 01:09 PM
I really wish Rush would STFU in life. Just saying. This is the same guy who called a woman a whore on his show. You all can defend him if you want, but he's a parasite to the conservative movement just because he opens his mouth.

So he agrees with what some psychiatrists are saying, should they STF up too? Are they parasites?

Did you dis Bill Mahrer and Howard Stern when they called Sarah Palin filthy names? What about when Ed Shultz called Laura Ingraham and right wing slut?

noonwitch
06-04-2015, 01:42 PM
if the GOP is unwilling to accept or keep Jenner as a member, then they should refund any donations he has made to the party or to GOP candidates' campaigns, if any were made by him.

Lanie
06-04-2015, 10:52 PM
So he agrees with what some psychiatrists are saying, should they STF up too? Are they parasites?

Did you dis Bill Mahrer and Howard Stern when they called Sarah Palin filthy names? What about when Ed Shultz called Laura Ingraham and right wing slut?

I guess the issue is that I don't like Rush Limbaugh. I don't understand any woman who does.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/15/rush-limbaugh-consent_n_5824582.html

"How many of you guys in your own experience with women have learned that 'no' means 'yes' if you know how to spot it?" he asked on "The Rush Limbaugh Show" Monday. "It used to be used as a cliché."

If you're moaning, it clearly means you want sex. Apparently, all the girls who have said they were raped on college campuses are not really raped at all. They're just brainwashed by feminazis. College girls have no minds of their own.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/01/06/limbaugh-denies-epidemic-of-campus-sexual-assau/202030

He compared senate politics to rape.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/rush-limbaugh-filibuster-rape-analogy-100269.html

More.....

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/08/35-hateful-and-stupid-rush-limbaugh-quotes/

6. “Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?”
~Rush Limbaugh, while holding up a photograph of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton on his 1993 television show

Teenage girls are already self-conscious. Imagine some low in self-esteem middle age man saying you're ugly on a national TV show. That's just cruel.

7. “They’re out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes.”
~Rush Limbaugh, on women who protest against sexual harassment, The Rush Limbaugh Show, April 26, 2004

18. “There are more American Indians alive today than there were when Columbus arrived or at any other time in history. Does this sound like a record of genocide?”
~Rush Limbaugh, See, I Told You So, p.68, November 1993

That's just stupid. That's like saying there was no holocaust because we have more Jews in New York than in Israel. I also have Cherokee Indian in me, so I take that comment personally. I'm also a woman, so I take some of his other comments personally. Moving along......

22. “You know, one of the benefits of school being out, in addition to your kids losing weight because they’re starving to death out there because there’s no school meal being provided, one of the benefits of school being out, college campi being vacant this time of year, is that our audience levels go up. I think, you know what we’re going to do here, we’re going to start a feature on this program: “Where to find food.” For young demographics, where to find food. Now that school is out, where to find food. We can have a daily feature on this. And this will take us all the way through the summer. Where to find food. And, of course, the first will be: “Try your house.” It’s a thing called the refrigerator. You probably already know about it. Try looking there.”
~Rush Limbaugh, denigrating poor children, June 16, 2010

23. “[S]ome people are self-starters, and some people are born lazy. Some people are born victims. Some people are just born to be slaves. Some people are born to put up with somebody else making every decision for them.”
~Rush Limbaugh, talking about economic inequality, October 8, 2010

In the first comment, he's picking on children who don't have enough to eat. In the second comment, it's just ironic. He's talking about laziness, but the man doesn't work at all and hasn't for years. All he does is sit on his butt and criticize others. That's it. That's what he's paid to do. The man has not worked in years.

30. “To some people, bankers — code word for Jewish — and guess who Obama’s assaulting? He’s assaulting bankers. He’s assaulting money people. And a lot of those people on Wall Street are Jewish. So I wonder if there’s starting to be some buyer’s remorse there.”
~Rush Limbaugh, stereotyping Jewish people, January 20, 2010

So, in an attempt to criticize anti-semitism, he made anti-semitic comment.

Obviously, it's a liberal link, but they're comments from his TV show. That's why I don't care for what Rush has to say about Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. He's a piece of garbage that should have been ran out of town a long time ago.

That doesn't make it okay to criticize Palin. That doesn't mean Jenner doesn't have problems. Any man/woman who shows his/her tits to his/her son has serious issues.

However, I will also admit that I take issue with Rush saying the GOP shouldn't welcome him. First of all, the GOP doesn't get a choice in the matter. If Jenner wants to vote Republican, then that's that. It's like the Democrat Party attempting to kick Lieberman out. In the end, they just won't win. Next, I would rather be around a transgendered person than somebody who has an obsession with rape like he does. Rush is sick. I will admit I wouldn't want to be around Bruce Jenner though because of the tit/son thing.

I guess I just have ZERO respect for Limbaugh though. None.

Elspeth
06-04-2015, 11:17 PM
I guess the issue is that I don't like Rush Limbaugh.

So, then, let's look at the issue without him.

Should the GOP--one of the only places a pro-life, pro-family person can feel comfortable-- start championing extremely marginal, outlier, and (most likely) mentally ill behavior?

RobJohnson
06-04-2015, 11:46 PM
if the GOP is unwilling to accept or keep Jenner as a member, then they should refund any donations he has made to the party or to GOP candidates' campaigns, if any were made by him.

I don't think Rush suggested that Jenner is no longer able to be a member. Unless you know something the rest of us don't.

I think Rush is simply expressing the opinion that he does not consider Jenner's behavior as normal and we don't have to embrace it as normal behavior.

Lanie
06-05-2015, 12:49 PM
So, then, let's look at the issue without him.

Should the GOP--one of the only places a pro-life, pro-family person can feel comfortable-- start championing extremely marginal, outlier, and (most likely) mentally ill behavior?

Should they champion him and his transgenderism? No. He's still an athelete and has other positive attributes he could contribute.

on edit: Repubilcans often complain about being stereotyped as the party of the religious right. If they want to get rid of that image, then they should not exclude people. Obviously, Jenner sees something in the Republican Party that a lot of other minorities don't. He should be given a chance to say what that is that he sees.

noonwitch
06-05-2015, 01:11 PM
I don't think Rush suggested that Jenner is no longer able to be a member. Unless you know something the rest of us don't.

I think Rush is simply expressing the opinion that he does not consider Jenner's behavior as normal and we don't have to embrace it as normal behavior.

Why would Rush even want to make an issue out of this? It's not as if the GOP is going to ask him/her to speak at the 2016 convention.

If everyone ignored Jenner, this would go away. Maybe not as quickly as we'd wish it to, but still, it will go away.

djones520
06-05-2015, 04:40 PM
Why would Rush even want to make an issue out of this? It's not as if the GOP is going to ask him/her to speak at the 2016 convention.

If everyone ignored Jenner, this would go away. Maybe not as quickly as we'd wish it to, but still, it will go away.

He cares about ratings, and his primary customer base laps this shit up.

Lanie
06-05-2015, 05:00 PM

Jenner and Duggar are in competition by their gossips for attention.

Dori
06-05-2015, 05:58 PM
He cares about ratings, and his primary customer base laps this shit up.

No, his base hates this stuff, and has zero intention of watching the Caitlin reality freak show.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2015/06/03/trailer-for-caitlyn-jenner-reality-show-released/sEdVUMvSUXJXRBDhMLnY4L/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:faceb ook

djones520
06-06-2015, 09:36 AM
No, his base hates this stuff, and has zero intention of watching the Caitlin reality freak show.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2015/06/03/trailer-for-caitlyn-jenner-reality-show-released/sEdVUMvSUXJXRBDhMLnY4L/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:faceb ook

That's why they can't just ignore it.

oldcoastie1
06-06-2015, 03:04 PM
That's why they can't just ignore it.

No, it's becajse the once MSM and the Cable news stations that keep shoving it down our throats.