PDA

View Full Version : Meet The ‘Transabled': Able-Bodied People Who Identity As Disabled

Elspeth
06-04-2015, 11:09 PM
Satire is dead!

Meet The ‘Transabled': Able-Bodied People Who Identity As Disabled
http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/02/meet-the-transabled-able-bodied-people-who-identity-as-disabled/

Ahead of the upcoming Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Canadian paper National Post ran a story on “transabled” individuals, people who identify as disabled even though there’s nothing wrong with them.

“We define transability as the desire or the need for a person identified as able-bodied by other people to transform his or her body to obtain a physical impairment,” Quebec-based academic Alexandre Baril said in an interview. “The person could want to become deaf, blind, amputee, paraplegic. It’s a really, really strong desire.”

The Post also interviewed St. Thomas University professor Clive Baldwin, who has studied “transability” for years and claims to have identified 37 people who are transabled. “One person we have spoken to wants to become blind, and another wants a penectomy, the removal of his penis,” he said.

Author Sarah Boesveld draws the obvious parallel to transgenderism. “As the public begins to embrace people who identify as transgender, the trans people within the disability movement are also seeking their due, or at very least a bit of understanding in a public that cannot fathom why anyone would want to be anything other than healthy and mobile.”

Baldwin also drew the same parallel. “Society needs to appreciate that however strange it sounds, it isn’t beyond the pale to allow people to align their body with how they feel they ought to.”

Original article: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/becoming-disabled-by-choice-not-chance-transabled-people-feel-like-impostors-in-their-fully-working-bodies

https://nationalpostcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/health_biid.jpg?w=620&h=465

RobJohnson
06-05-2015, 12:32 AM
Great article.

I guess we need to "accept" these people as disabled even though there is nothing wrong with them.

It's the end of the world.

Elspeth
06-05-2015, 01:08 AM
Great article.

I guess we need to "accept" these people as disabled even though there is nothing wrong with them.

It's the end of the world.

And wait til their demonstrations over bathrooms...

and parking spaces. Can you imagine the SCOTUS case when one of these folks gets a parking ticket for using a handicapped space?

SarasotaRepub
06-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Is this like TransFormers??? :confused:

noonwitch
06-05-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure if this is some kind of mental illness or a fetish. Or both.

Rockntractor
06-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Put stocks back in public parks, when these people whine give them two weeks, sprinkle a little dog urine on their legs.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Retread
06-05-2015, 09:21 AM
If only the public knew. Oh, wait! They do. Cousin Fred drives unc Larry's Ford to the grocery store and parks in the disabled slot because of unc Larry's mirror hanging permit. Never mind Larry is at home watching the ball game.
DIL using MIL's permit to shop at the mall while MIL watches the grandkids at home.
Etc., etc., etc. that's the bottom line. "Privilege"

Dori
06-05-2015, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure if this is some kind of mental illness or a fetish. Or both.

^Mental illness. Just like thinking your a woman when your equipped with man parts.

Lanie
06-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Just remember if your parents were told you would be born disabled, you might not be here.

RobJohnson
06-05-2015, 06:36 PM
From here on out I want all of you to accept me as blind.

Dori
06-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Just remember if your parents were told you would be born disabled, you might not be here.

???

This is about people who THINK they are disabled.

ABC
06-05-2015, 11:07 PM
^Mental illness. Just like thinking your a woman when your equipped with man parts.

I agree 100% with Dori ...

For crying out loud, these unfortunate folks are in desperate need of serious counselling before they PERMANENTLY disable themselves.

I've had it with all the PC coddling, understanding, and acceptance of such aberrant nonsense. Not just in the case of these poor souls either. With the transgenders as well. They all need help, in my opinion.

Speaking of ... Did "Caitlin" have his man parts cut off to complete the transformation?

Just curious!

Apache
06-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Yaknow! Taday isa ma B-Day... back ina ma yunger years... we called thems peeps... L<AZY!

Call me old fashioned ... but ... NO SOUP for THEM!

RobJohnson
06-06-2015, 12:25 AM
I agree 100% with Dori ...

For crying out loud, these unfortunate folks are in desperate need of serious counselling before they PERMANENTLY disable themselves.

I've had it with all the PC coddling, understanding, and acceptance of such aberrant nonsense. Not just in the case of these poor souls either. With the transgenders as well. They all need help, in my opinion.

Speaking of ... Did "Caitlin" have his man parts cut off to complete the transformation?

Just curious!

He is still a boy. Just call him Tuck Jenner.

Dan D. Doty
06-06-2015, 10:24 PM
As someone with real disabilities, these assholes are insulting to me and everyone else who has to struggle every day. All these idiots want are pity and attention from everyone else, My Grandmother was just like this; every day was a pity party and she loved making the whole family as miscible as possible. every two weeks we had to sit through a two or three hour marathon of Granny telling us about how much her life sucked, even thou she could change that any time she wanted. All Granny did was try to create guilt in all of us all the time.

Many people have fond memories of their Grand Mother, sadly, I have none.

ABC
06-07-2015, 11:06 PM
As someone with real disabilities, these assholes are insulting to me and everyone else who has to struggle every day. All these idiots want are pity and attention from everyone else, ...

I agree with you Dan ... All they want is attention.

Hang in there darlin' and may God help you to "Keep on keeping on!"

~ ABC :love_heart:

ABC
06-07-2015, 11:08 PM
He is still a boy. Just call him Tuck Jenner.

:biggrin-new:

Must tell you ... Mr. ABC got a kick out of your comment as well!

noonwitch
06-08-2015, 01:04 PM
I suppose they'll want handicapped stickers for their cars.

oldcoastie1
06-08-2015, 05:21 PM
:biggrin-new:

Must tell you ... Mr. ABC got a kick out of your comment as well!

"Tuck Jenner." Rather than a name, make it a statement.

Dan D. Doty
06-09-2015, 08:18 AM
I agree with you Dan ... All they want is attention.

Hang in there darlin' and may God help you to "Keep on keeping on!"

~ ABC :love_heart:

Thanks babe.