PDA

View Full Version : Obama set to force affordable housing into affluent communities

SarasotaRepub
06-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Can you believe this shit??? (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/11/obama-set-force-affordable-housing-affluent-commun/)

By Joseph Curl (http://www.washingtontimes.com/staff/joseph-curl/) - The Washington Times Thursday, June 11, 2015

President Obama wants to “diversify” wealthy neighborhoods in America, and his administration plans to to force affluent communities to accept affordable housing, such as Section 8.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/department-of-housing-and-urban-development/) (HUD (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/department-of-housing-and-urban-development/)) is set to release new regulations that would set aside taxpayer money to build cheap housing for poor people in richer areas. Under the rules, the federal government would be able to overrule zoning laws of more than 1,200 local governments and force communities to comply.

This needs to be sent to the crapper and pronto. This has to be a joke...:livid:

FlaGator
06-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Dare go da neighbahood.

Dori
06-11-2015, 10:41 PM
I'm watching Kelly's show. She said that Obama was going to either bribe or threaten communities to put in HUD housing. The community organizer wants to diversify your community by overriding your zoning laws.

Dlr Pyro
06-11-2015, 11:58 PM
I'll bet not one of these future ghettos will be anywhere near obama's or any other prominent democrat party politicians residence

Apocalypse
06-12-2015, 12:16 AM
It's what George Lucas is doing to his snotty neighbors.

http://gawker.com/5909097/george-lucas-exacts-revenge-on-snooty-rich-people-by-making-them-live-with-poor-people

Much like Lucas, obama will be affecting mostly rich Dems who don't want to live near the poor.

Love this one line.

opening the door to a low-income housing development. That has created an atmosphere that one opponent, who asked not to be identified, saying she feared for her safety, described as “sheer terror” and likened to “Syria.”

Keep in mind, this is only playing into the stereo type that all rich are Republicans and all Republicans hate the poor. But there are a lot or rich Dems who live in gated or restrictive communities that hate the thought of living near the poor who they profess they care about.

Articulate_Ape
06-12-2015, 01:28 AM
Obama's days of forcing shit may be coming to an end with his treacherous secret trade deal that he AND SOME REPUBLICANS are trying to shove down our throat, the same deal that Congressional DEMOCRATS are righteously fighting.
This deal must be stopped until we know what is in it PERIOD!

WTF is the GOP doing backing this crap unless it is just how I have always said it is: One Party, two faces. The fact that it is the Democrats fighting Obama gives you some idea how topsy-turvy our government has become and just how obsolete the "two party" system is. It has been the same to parties for so long they are no longer separate parties other than the window dressing.

All I know is anyone going against this POTUS is doing the right thing and anyone allied with him is doing the wrong thing. Parties mean nothing now. character is what will carry the day.

Dan D. Doty
06-12-2015, 09:23 AM
More social engineering in the name of social Justice.

This not going to turn out well for anyone.

noonwitch
06-12-2015, 09:27 AM
My city, Warren, has avoided Section 8 housing, originally for racist reasons. Now the opposition is more to ensure quality housing is available to renters in the city, as Warren's population has diversified without Section 8 housing.

Southfield has a lot of Section 8 housing-the city still is pretty strict about enforcing their codes, so it's not something that is obvious like it is in Detroit. Although, Detroit/HUD has finally removed a lot of the old projects and replaced them with better units that are semi-privately funded, with some HUD assistance (probably in the development phase). The old Jeffries projects were bought by a private develper who saved and improved the high rises, and tore down and replaced the townhouses with new buildings. It looks really good and there is private security. When I was a new worker, I was terrified to go into those high rises-the elevators rarely worked and the stairways were filled with barely conscious junkies.

jediab
06-12-2015, 12:33 PM
It's not the poor that people are wary of, it's the crime element that seems to follow most of the time that is bad.

Dori
06-12-2015, 02:38 PM
My city, Warren, has avoided Section 8 housing, originally for racist reasons. .

They put in hud houses near where I live. Took about a year for it look like ghetto town.

Retread
06-12-2015, 02:50 PM
They built an apartment complex in my old home town some decades ago. All of it was dedicated to "native Americans". Just a few months ago it was razzed to the ground.

Within a few months of the original completion it was known locally as the Indian ruins.

------

About that 'native American' nonsense. I'm at least 5th gen native born but, to the regret of some family members, no Amerind blood can be found in the family tree. Now you tell me I'm NOT Native American? I respectfully disagree, or disrespectfully if need be.

Elspeth
06-12-2015, 05:37 PM
This was in the works two years ago:

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/072213-664703-hud-maps-suburbs-in-new-diversity-project.htm?p=full

I mentioned it here at CU over a year ago:

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?61918-AP-confused-about-what-segregation-means&highlight=Elspeth+housing

I had my outrage then. Now, I just figure they're itching for a race war. Take a bunch of entitled and chip-on-shoulder minorities on food stamps and with no fathers and dump them into very nice areas under the pretext of racism. Then, take away cops' ability to punish the criminal male teens through a constant PR campaign like #BlackLiesMatter. What does that leave? Personal self defense. This will create the crisis by which all guns will be outlawed and the 2nd amendment will be a thing of the past.

Rockntractor
06-12-2015, 06:22 PM
They are getting ready to legalize pot, first they have to get all the weed dealers in place.

Elspeth
06-12-2015, 07:56 PM
They are getting ready to legalize pot, first they have to get all the weed dealers in place.

If only it were that benign.

Dori
06-12-2015, 08:44 PM
About that 'native American' nonsense. I'm at least 5th gen native born but, to the regret of some family members, no Amerind blood can be found in the family tree. Now you tell me I'm NOT Native American? I respectfully disagree, or disrespectfully if need be.

There are rumors that I have native blood on both sides, but I haven't been able to find it. I wonder if a DNA test would find it.

Retread
06-12-2015, 10:12 PM
There are rumors that I have native blood on both sides, but I haven't been able to find it. I wonder if a DNA test would find it.

There is at least one that would determine if or not. It is available thru the parent company of ancestry.com and will give you countries of origin by percentage, specific Amerind tribes and can determine origin AA tribes if any.

Read this (DNA Tests Find Branches but Few Roots)

jediab
06-15-2015, 08:59 AM

You don't need DNA. Just say you associate more with Native Americans.

Elspeth
06-15-2015, 04:28 PM
You don't need DNA. Just say you associate more with Native Americans.

And don't forget to check to box on the government form.