PDA

View Full Version : Man Arrested in Shooting Death of Ice Cream Man

Rockntractor
06-14-2015, 09:14 PM
Police have made an arrest in the shooting death of a man in Frederick, Maryland, on Saturday evening.
Investigators said Brandon Brown was shot in the upper chest around 5 p.m. on Vermont Court. He was pronounced died at the scene.
Police said Larnell Tyran Lyles was arrested early Sunday morning in Walkersville and will be charged with first-degree murder and use of a handgun in the commission of a felony. Additional charges may be pending.
Lt. Clark Pennington, a police spokesman, says Brown drove into the community playing music to announce his arrival. He says children were lined up to buy ice cream when Brown stepped out of the truck and was approached by a man who shot him in the chest. Brown died at the scene.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/national/man-snaps-unique-picture-raccoon-top-gator-ocala-n/nmcmX/

Services for the deceased will be sundae.

SVPete
06-15-2015, 08:51 AM
I guess the killer was not in a good humor ...

Seriously, WTH! The guy who's dead was working to make a life for himself and any family he might have! Just. Sick.

Elspeth
06-15-2015, 04:26 PM
Well, to be fair, that music IS annoying. :pig:

RobJohnson
06-15-2015, 04:58 PM
He says children were lined up to buy ice cream when Brown stepped out of the truck and was approached by a man who shot him in the chest. Brown died at the scene.

Simply horrible.

Retread
06-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Well, to be fair, that music IS annoying. :pig:

Extremely. In one of my old neighborhoods it was explained to him in no uncertain terms how and when he would be welcomed. And what the recriminations would be for ignoring the recommendations.

Dori
06-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Is this the same kind of place like Baltimore?

The Baltimore Sun keeps a running tally of homicides.

So far this month there have been 19 homicides.

http://data.baltimoresun.com/bing-maps/homicides/recenthundred.php

Lanie
06-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Simply horrible.

I know. I was going to make bad jokes about it, but that's a crappy thing to do.

Rockntractor
06-16-2015, 03:27 PM
I know. I was going to make bad jokes about it, but that's a crappy thing to do.

Make good ones then.

NJCardFan
06-16-2015, 10:42 PM
Larnell. Something tells me that this is not the name of a Caucasian. Of course this is all going to lead up to massive protests.

noonwitch
06-17-2015, 09:02 AM
When I lived in the city of Detroit in the 90s, some of the ice cream men ran dice games out of the back of their trucks during school hours, when they weren't selling much ice cream. I used to watch it from my balcony.

Lanie
06-17-2015, 10:01 AM
Make good ones then.

I scream, you scream. We all scream oh shit!

There. I did my bad joke for the day.