PDA

View Full Version : 3 Mass Murderers All Have One Thing In Common

NJCardFan
06-19-2015, 11:01 PM
James Holmes, Adam Lanza, Dylann Roof all have something in common. These were people who were put on psych drugs at a young age because they showed signs of mental health issues. I've been saying this for years that having a developing brain on psych meds has got to do damage. All 3 of them were on some kind of medication at a young age and all 3 had psychotic meltdowns that caused them to kill a lot of people. Of course this won't be considered at all. The fault is going to be continuously put on the gun.

SarasotaRepub
06-19-2015, 11:43 PM
Do you have a link about what they were on???

NJCardFan
06-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Do you have a link about what they were on???

I don't think it really matters SR. The fact of the matter is that these kids were on some kind of mind altering drug while their brains were still developing. This is the folly of the "medicate them first" crowd. Chemically altering a developing brain can't have a good outcome.

ABC
06-20-2015, 11:48 AM
I don't think it really matters SR. The fact of the matter is that these kids were on some kind of mind altering drug while their brains were still developing. This is the folly of the "medicate them first" crowd. Chemically altering a developing brain can't have a good outcome.

Link or not, NJ ...

I have to agree with you. These bloody drugs are DANGEROUS!

My half sister who was diagnosed ... not as a child, but an adult ...

As being a manic depressive (now called 'bi-polar') ... our whole family knew from when she was a teenager that there was something a bit odd about her. Not much really, and she was more or less basically normal on a day to day basis.

Later, when put on a pharmaceutical psych drug (can't remember the name now) is when she really started to become strange and not quite herself. Even she didn't like it.

She is now on some other type psych drug which she can tolerate ...

But, she now admits that it does from time to time cause her to have suicidal thoughts. I hate her being on these drugs.

I really do think that they screw up the brain even more!!!

My 2 cents anyway, for what it's worth.

Dori
06-20-2015, 01:08 PM
James Holmes, Adam Lanza, Dylann Roof all have something in common. These were people who were put on psych drugs at a young age because they showed signs of mental health issues. I've been saying this for years that having a developing brain on psych meds has got to do damage. All 3 of them were on some kind of medication at a young age and all 3 had psychotic meltdowns that caused them to kill a lot of people. Of course this won't be considered at all. The fault is going to be continuously put on the gun.

Both the Columbine shooters were on psyche drugs too as was Jared Laughner in the Gabbie Giffords' shooting.

I would even guess with all the murders in the inner cities, that a lot of them are drug users. The USB shooter, Elliot Rodger 22 killed seven. He had been on psyche drugs and was diagnosed as paranoid. I'll bet if we go back to all the mass killers, that will be the common thread.

RobJohnson
06-20-2015, 06:42 PM
“In virtually every mass school shooting during the past 15 years, the shooter has been on or in withdrawal from psychiatric drugs,” observed Lawrence Hunter of the Social Security Institute. “Yet, federal and state governments continue to ignore the connection between psychiatric drugs and murderous violence, preferring instead to exploit these tragedies in an oppressive and unconstitutional power grab to snatch guns away from innocent, law-abiding people who are guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution the right to own and bear arms to deter government tyranny and to use firearms in self defense against any miscreant who would do them harm.”

It could be the drug, or it could simply be that the person committing the crime is mentally ill.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/14655-prescription-for-murder

Hawkgirl
06-21-2015, 05:26 PM
The other thing they have in common is that they seem to choose unsuspecting, vulnerable victims, a theater where most people are zombified by the end?...a kindergarten class of innocent children?, a church group of innocent old ladies? why don't these freaks walk into a police station or some other testosterone filled chamber where they would be met with appropriate force? They are pure evil.

NJCardFan
06-21-2015, 11:27 PM
The other thing they have in common is that they seem to choose unsuspecting, vulnerable victims, a theater where most people are zombified by the end?...a kindergarten class of innocent children?, a church group of innocent old ladies? why don't these freaks walk into a police station or some other testosterone filled chamber where they would be met with appropriate force? They are pure evil.

Thy always go to the path of least resistance. The left likes to blame the gun but there's never been a shooting of any kind at a gun show where there are sometimes literally thousands of guns, assault weapons included, and endless amounts of ammunition. There is a scene in the Chuck Norris movie Code of Silence that, in a comical way, shows you why these people stay away from such places. 2 idiots decide to knock over a bar not knowing the bar they chose was one that off duty cops drank at. They go in and take their positions, as soon as one announces their intentions, there's about 40 guns pointed at them. It's really quite funny but truthful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GAgIBgOA3M

Lanie
06-22-2015, 01:02 AM

You might have something there, but there was a previous problem that made doctor want to put them on medicine. They already had mental problems before the medicine. Whether that medicine made things worse is another story. Sometimes, a person may not be on the right medicine or the right dosage.

You have to remember that Dylann Roof was on a lot more than just psych drugs. He has charges unrelated to the shooting pending right now.

Lanie
06-22-2015, 01:05 AM
Link or not, NJ ...

I have to agree with you. These bloody drugs are DANGEROUS!

My half sister who was diagnosed ... not as a child, but an adult ...

As being a manic depressive (now called 'bi-polar') ... our whole family knew from when she was a teenager that there was something a bit odd about her. Not much really, and she was more or less basically normal on a day to day basis.

Later, when put on a pharmaceutical psych drug (can't remember the name now) is when she really started to become strange and not quite herself. Even she didn't like it.

She is now on some other type psych drug which she can tolerate ...

But, she now admits that it does from time to time cause her to have suicidal thoughts. I hate her being on these drugs.

I really do think that they screw up the brain even more!!!

My 2 cents anyway, for what it's worth.

My experience with people who are bi-polar is that if they won't take their medicine, they become unbearable to be around.

The problem with drugs for the brain is that they mess with your brain. Problem is you want them to mess with your brain because there's something already wrong with the brain to be prescribed that.

And yes, I do believe in traditional counseling and taking personal responsibility, but some people really do need medicine. Maybe it's been prescribed too often, but some people really do need it.

noonwitch
06-22-2015, 09:17 AM
It could be the drug, or it could simply be that the person committing the crime is mentally ill.

The problems may come about when they go off their meds.

I agree that medications are overused in children, especially to treat alleged ADHD, which is being overly diagnosed and people are resorting to medications instead of Little League to treat it. But if a teen or tween has been diagnosed with a more serious disorder, like Bipolar Disorder or a psychotic disorder, medication is really the only thing that can be done so that the kid can have as close to a normal life as possible by reducing the symptoms that make everyday life impossible. But people on medications for those disorders also need to be seen monthly by a psychiatrist and weekly by a therapist and a psychiatric nurse (to check basic things and do any needed blood tests).

NJCardFan
06-22-2015, 02:16 PM

Or it could be the drug made them mentally ill. We didn't have parents who forced their kids on Ritalin and the like when I was in school. We had parents who would parent. And guess what? We didn't have school shootings and the like when I was a school kid. Hell, back then kids would come to school after hunting with shotguns and rifles in tow, kept them in their trucks, and nothing ever happened. Now, kids are being over medicated which can't be good for a developing young mind. How else do we explain this madness?

noonwitch
06-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Or it could be the drug made them mentally ill. We didn't have parents who forced their kids on Ritalin and the like when I was in school. We had parents who would parent. And guess what? We didn't have school shootings and the like when I was a school kid. Hell, back then kids would come to school after hunting with shotguns and rifles in tow, kept them in their trucks, and nothing ever happened. Now, kids are being over medicated which can't be good for a developing young mind. How else do we explain this madness?

You and I are the same age, and I agree about Ritalin. There were maybe one or two kids in each grade, usually boys, who took medications for ADHD, which was just called hyperactivity then. Some parents even had success without meds, by eliminating things like yellow food dye from their kid's diet. The one boy that comes to mind had a lot of problems beyond ADHD-he was in and out of foster care, his mother was a tramp who had two or three kids with different last names (according to my mom, that is), and so on.

We didn't have school shootings, either, although we also didn't have kids bringing their rifles to school-that was not allowed.

NJCardFan
06-22-2015, 08:41 PM
We didn't have school shootings, either, although we also didn't have kids bringing their rifles to school-that was not allowed.

It wasn't uncommon to see hunting gear, shotgun included, in someone's truck in the parking lot. I was in 6th grade(1976) when the only violent thing happened in one of our schools and that was when a student stabbed a teacher in a middle school but that was it.

Dori
06-22-2015, 09:09 PM
The problem with drugs for the brain is that they mess with your brain. Problem is you want them to mess with your brain because there's something already wrong with the brain to be prescribed that.

And yes, I do believe in traditional counseling and taking personal responsibility, but some people really do need medicine. Maybe it's been prescribed too often, but some people really do need it.

A lot of mental problems don't even manifest themselves until the late teens up through 25. A large percentage of these kids have already experimented with street drugs, so their issues get very complicated and misdiagnosed. Even marijuana use in teens is showing to affect the frontal lobe where these disassociated conditions occur, hence exacerbating the doctors ability to monitor and prescribe meds that help and not hurt.

RobJohnson
06-23-2015, 04:47 AM

Our wonderful public schools often demand that the children see a doctor & get medicated. They convince the parents something is wrong beyond everyone's control.

Babysitter in a bottle.

Many parents have their children on drugs that keep the kids awake during the day & make them sleep at night. All while creating a chemical effect on the brain. I'm not a fan unless it's the last resort. Often the parents are on the same drugs. 80% have Medicaid coverage from what I see.

I better stop before I violate HIPPA.

RobJohnson
06-23-2015, 04:53 AM
It wasn't uncommon to see hunting gear, shotgun included, in someone's truck in the parking lot. .

Same deal where I lived. If the rifle was not in a back window hunting rack, it was behind the seat of the pickup truck.

noonwitch
06-23-2015, 08:54 AM
Our wonderful public schools often demand that the children see a doctor & get medicated. They convince the parents something is wrong beyond everyone's control.

Babysitter in a bottle.

Many parents have their children on drugs that keep the kids awake during the day & make them sleep at night. All while creating a chemical effect on the brain. I'm not a fan unless it's the last resort. Often the parents are on the same drugs. 80% have Medicaid coverage from what I see.

I better stop before I violate HIPPA.

The schools threaten to put the child in special education. The parents are terrified of having their normal kid with too much energy receive that EI label because it will stick with the kid for life. Special education does nothing for a kid whose only issue is having a high energy level, anyways. I've seen them try it with parents. They back off when called on it, or threatened with lawsuits.

We had Willie the janitor at my elementary school. When boys got to where they couldn't sit still, they went to help Willile, who was a really nice guy (nothing like the guy on The Simpsons, our Willie was an old, black guy). Willie would have them clean erasers on the machine, mostly, and they liked hanging with Willie.

RobJohnson
06-23-2015, 10:05 AM
The problems may come about when they go off their meds.

True, that often happens.

I agree that medications are overused in children, especially to treat alleged ADHD, which is being overly diagnosed and people are resorting to medications instead of Little League to treat it. But if a teen or tween has been diagnosed with a more serious disorder, like Bipolar Disorder or a psychotic disorder, medication is really the only thing that can be done so that the kid can have as close to a normal life as possible by reducing the symptoms that make everyday life impossible. But people on medications for those disorders also need to be seen monthly by a psychiatrist and weekly by a therapist and a psychiatric nurse (to check basic things and do any needed blood tests)

One psychiatrist in my town was requiring visits every two weeks and would only write the Rx for a 14 day supply. He often sees entire families in the same visit ($$$$ from Medicaid, as Medicaid patients are the only ones willing to do this...if a patient has a copay, they won't go twice a month) and simply says hi, bye and gives them the Rx. Often the parents are on the same medication, in a hypothetical sort of way.

There are also several doctors that are not psychiatrists that are writing the scripts as well, and that is scary. Some children and adults end up on quite the cocktail.

RobJohnson
06-23-2015, 10:09 AM
The schools threaten to put the child in special education. The parents are terrified of having their normal kid with too much energy receive that EI label because it will stick with the kid for life. Special education does nothing for a kid whose only issue is having a high energy level, anyways. I've seen them try it with parents. They back off when called on it, or threatened with lawsuits.

We had Willie the janitor at my elementary school. When boys got to where they couldn't sit still, they went to help Willile, who was a really nice guy (nothing like the guy on The Simpsons, our Willie was an old, black guy). Willie would have them clean erasers on the machine, mostly, and they liked hanging with Willie.

When I was a kid, I needed things to do to keep me busy. I worked in the garden, took care of my horses, worked in the garage and took care of a large yard. Who had time to go to the doctors!!!!

The summer before second grade we had to stay at a Howard Johnson's for two weeks while we were waiting for occupancy on a house we had built. I would hang out with the maintenance guys and help them as much as I could. I did the same with my grandparent's hired hands at their used auto part business & salvage yard.

noonwitch
06-23-2015, 11:04 AM
When I was a kid, I needed things to do to keep me busy. I worked in the garden, took care of my horses, worked in the garage and took care of a large yard. Who had time to go to the doctors!!!!

The summer before second grade we had to stay at a Howard Johnson's for two weeks while we were waiting for occupancy on a house we had built. I would hang out with the maintenance guys and help them as much as I could. I did the same with my grandparent's hired hands at their used auto part business & salvage yard.

Kids need that kind of activity. We used to go to a ranch in Ontario every summer, where my family and some friends used to rent cabins and ride horses. In the free time hours, we would go to the barn and help the guys who worked there, by hauling hay around, cleaning the stalls, and petting, feeding and talking to the horses. My sister had alleged ADHD, and the doctor my mom worked for prescribed her Ritalin (he was an allergist). Hauling 55 lb hay bails around a barn did more for her than Ritalin ever did. Rock could run his own treatment program at his barn.

Dori
06-23-2015, 12:39 PM
When my oldest son was little, I met a retired teacher. I was complaining about how active my son was, and she told me that in her experience, that most boys don't belong in classrooms until Jr. high-school age. She said they would be better off doing physical things. Today in some classrooms, some teachers use rocking chairs for little kids who can't sit still. Of course I don't know how many boys like getting put in a rocking chair. Seems like that would create other problems.

RobJohnson
06-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Rock could run his own treatment program at his barn.

He would have to check with his boss first. "That woman" keeps a close eye on him. :biggrin-new:

RobJohnson
06-23-2015, 03:31 PM
The elimination of the Confederate flag from the shelves of Wal Mart will in turn eliminate the mental illness which then results in the elimination of murder.

Dori
06-23-2015, 04:18 PM
The elimination of the Confederate flag from the shelves of Wal Mart will in turn eliminate the mental illness which then results in the elimination of murder.

Won't stop with the confederate flag. Next will be the American flag. It's already being banned in lots of public places.

RobJohnson
06-23-2015, 05:21 PM
Won't stop with the confederate flag. Next will be the American flag. It's already being banned in lots of public places.

Wal Mart, Amazon & eBay no longer allow the sale of the Confederate flag. Yet you can purchase a Blank Panther T shirt on eBay.

NJCardFan
06-23-2015, 10:49 PM
Wal Mart, Amazon & eBay no longer allow the sale of the Confederate flag. Yet you can purchase a Blank Panther T shirt on eBay.
You can still buy Che posters at Walmart.

noonwitch
06-30-2015, 01:46 PM
You can still buy Che posters at Walmart.

I'm starting to think the average person doesn't know who Che really was, and thinks that he was just a character in Evita.

NJCardFan
06-30-2015, 10:52 PM
I'm starting to think the average person doesn't know who Che really was, and thinks that he was just a character in Evita.

And this matters why? Che was a mass murderer who's lionized by the left. Same with Marx who's policies have caused more death and destruction over the past 100 years or so than Hitler could ever have imagined and yet he's lionized as well. Why is this lost on you? I suppose you have some excuse as to why you can buy Syrian, Hamas, and Hezbollah flags on Amazon.

noonwitch
07-01-2015, 09:21 AM
And this matters why? Che was a mass murderer who's lionized by the left. Same with Marx who's policies have caused more death and destruction over the past 100 years or so than Hitler could ever have imagined and yet he's lionized as well. Why is this lost on you? I suppose you have some excuse as to why you can buy Syrian, Hamas, and Hezbollah flags on Amazon.

It matters for the reasons you stated. In the musical Evita, Che is kind of the good guy/commentator judging Evita throughout her life, through song, of course. He's not ther real Che, but people are stupid, especially when they are young.

I have no excuses for Amazon. I don't know enough about the Syrian's flag's history to know why it is so offensive to you, but Hamas and Hezbollah are terrorist groups. I don't know why anyone would want to make a profit off of that.