PDA

View Full Version : POPE FRANCIS QUOTES ISLAMIC POET TO PUSH CLIMATE CHANGE

Rockntractor
06-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Pope Francis I’s controversial climate change encyclical, which embodies redistributionist economic philosophy in the guise of environmentalism, and wraps all of that up in an eggshell-thin Biblical reinterpretation, doesn’t merely draw from secularist philosophy and environmentalist truisms: it draws from Muslim poet Ali al-Khawas.The Pope writes that al-Khawas informs all of humanity not to “put too much distance between the creatures of the world and the interior experience of God.” He then quotes al-Khawas directly:

The initiate will capture what is being said when the wind blows, the trees sway, water flows, flies buzz, doors creak, birds sing, or in the sound of strings or flutes, the sighs of the sick, the groans of the afflicted.
Pope Francis’ decision to rely on the wisdom of Islamic poetry is a far cry from Pope Benedict’s use of Islamic philosophy to shine light on Catholicism. In 2006, Benedict famously quoted Byzantine emperor Manuel II Pelologus debating an Islamic thinker. The Byzantine emperor, Benedict said, ripped into Islam (http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/papal-address-at-university-of-regensburg):
Moe>http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/06/19/pope-francis-quotes-islamic-poet-to-push-climate-change/
and there you have it.

RobJohnson
06-20-2015, 06:53 PM
I wish the Pope would stick to religion and out of politics.

SaintLouieWoman
06-20-2015, 11:08 PM

Amen.

ABC
06-21-2015, 11:56 AM

As do I, Rob. I don't quite understand this Pope.

Must admit, am not Catholic, am Anglican, and even some of our Catholic friends don't like this either.

What is going on here? How unusual is this? Shouldn't he be more concerned about all the slaughter of Christians in ME countries, and the ridicule of believers here in the west?

Rockntractor
06-21-2015, 12:12 PM
As do I, Rob. I don't quite understand this Pope.

Must admit, am not Catholic, am Anglican, and even some of our Catholic friends don't like this either.

What is going on here? How unusual is this? Shouldn't he be more concerned about all the slaughter of Christians in ME countries, and the ridicule of believers here in the west?
Nothing to fear here, communist in most powerful christian position and communist in most powerful country as leader.

Hawkgirl
06-21-2015, 01:53 PM
a Pope from a shit ass south american country...I'm really not that surprised.

Dori
06-21-2015, 02:24 PM
Nothing to fear here, communist in most powerful christian position and communist in most powerful country as leader.

He's from Argentina where their national hero is Che.

Lanie
06-22-2015, 01:11 AM

I wish politicians would stop telling the pope to leave things to scientists when even they don't believe the scientists.

Okay, I'll spare you the poetry. Antarctica is melting. Yes, it's been hotter in the past. The argument for global warming is that the temperature is getting hotter at a much faster rate than it used to, meaning we may be the ones behind it.

And even if that's not true, so what? Why are we making excuses to let companies and individuals keep needlessly polluting the earth? Our kids have to live here later. I'm actually hearing arguments from people that if Jesus is coming back, then we shouldn't worry about our destroying the planet because he'll come back first. So, fundamentalists are already bringing religion into it. Why can't the Pope?

Besides, I don't exactly hear Republicans telling the Pope to put a lid on it when he says that abortion should be outlawed or that gay marriage shouldn't be legal. Oh, the Pope is cool then.

Rockntractor
06-22-2015, 08:04 AM
I wish politicians would stop telling the pope to leave things to scientists when even they don't believe the scientists.

Okay, I'll spare you the poetry. Antarctica is melting. Yes, it's been hotter in the past. The argument for global warming is that the temperature is getting hotter at a much faster rate than it used to, meaning we may be the ones behind it.

And even if that's not true, so what? Why are we making excuses to let companies and individuals keep needlessly polluting the earth? Our kids have to live here later. I'm actually hearing arguments from people that if Jesus is coming back, then we shouldn't worry about our destroying the planet because he'll come back first. So, fundamentalists are already bringing religion into it. Why can't the Pope?

Besides, I don't exactly hear Republicans telling the Pope to put a lid on it when he says that abortion should be outlawed or that gay marriage shouldn't be legal. Oh, the Pope is cool then.
http://i.imgur.com/DVhYor2.jpg

ABC
06-22-2015, 08:29 AM
Oh no! The dreaded baby pic! :scared:

http://i.imgur.com/DVhYor2.jpg

:biggrin-new:

Lanie
06-22-2015, 08:48 AM
I love the baby pic.

ABC
06-22-2015, 08:58 AM
I love the baby pic.

I do as well ... but hope I never get one! :biggrin-new:

NJCardFan
06-22-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote me one Republican who says the pope is cool. I'll wait. And name me one other religion that has someone as influential as the pope. Again, I'll wait. And find me a religious sector that has more money then the Catholic church. Again, I'll wait. And, yeah, we had places digging out of several feet of snow all winter long due to global warming too, right? :rolleyes:

As for Pope Francis, this verse comes to mind:

Matthew 7:15-Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

RobJohnson
06-29-2015, 09:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIq6tphWgAAb_-6.png:large

Lanie
06-29-2015, 10:10 AM
"Go green or go Protestant."

:rotfl:

Retread
06-29-2015, 02:12 PM
To reinterate the same corrections for the 4267th time:

"Globull Warming - Climate Change" is NOT the same as pollution.

CO2 is a naturally occurring atmospheric gas required by plants to live the same as humans require O2. In fact, increased CO2 will help grow more food stock for the quickly becoming over-crowded planet.

Pollution has fell to a small fraction of what it once was, particularly in the U.S.

There is not one d*** thing the human population can do to affect a worldwide climate variation. Building concrete and brick islands like NY, Chicago or Detroit will cause a hot spot in the summer but the total area affected, as a percentage of land mass and/or atmosphere is insignificant.

Elspeth
07-03-2015, 01:24 PM
The Catholic Church is officially in eclipse.