PDA

View Full Version : Muahahahaha! Now *this* is how you freep a poll.

jinxmchue
10-24-2008, 10:28 AM
AFA counters Denver Post poll on homosexuality

Can homosexuals change? Post readers say no

October 23, 2008

Dear Jason,

The Denver Post has written a biased article saying, in essence, that homosexuals cannot change their orientation. Then, in connection with the story, the Post asked readers to vote on the issue.

At the time this e-mail was being sent, nearly 75% of the Postís respondents said no to the question.

We urge you to take the AFA poll. It is identical to that of the Post.

Please forward this poll to your friends and family. You can see the results of the AFA poll at www.AFA.net and the Denver Post poll at http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_10788844. Please forward this poll to your friends and family.

Sincerely,

Donald E. Wildmon,
Founder and Chairman
American Family Association

I checked that Denver Post link and the "Yes" votes have shot up to over 55%!

FlaGator
10-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Almost 57% now.

megimoo
10-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I checked that Denver Post link and the "Yes" votes have shot up to over 55%!

Post Poll - Sexual Orientation 10:45 EST 10/24/2008
Do you believe that homosexual tendencies can be diminished through counseling? (Read this related story)
Total Votes = 9133
Yes
57.17 %
No
35.53 %
Not sure
3.219 %
Don't care
4.073 %

It's a choice not a gene !

jinxmchue
10-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Past 60% now.

Goldwater
10-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Surely only homosexuals would know?

wilbur
10-24-2008, 12:33 PM
freepers... lol. The very bottom of the conservative barrel.

Convince vulnerable, but otherwise fine people that they are broken by demonizing and demoralizing them....

Then break them even more with superstitious, pseudo-scientific nonsense about fixing the imaginary problem.... brilliant!!

I truly pity the victims who get taken in by this insanity.

What could possibly go wrong?

wilbur
10-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Post Poll - Sexual Orientation 10:45 EST 10/24/2008
Do you believe that homosexual tendencies can be diminished through counseling? (Read this related story)
Total Votes = 9133
Yes
57.17 %
No
35.53 %
Not sure
3.219 %
Don't care
4.073 %

It's a choice not a gene !

C'mon megs... really now. If you could actually prove that, you might have won a nobel prize by now.

Why do you feel the need to just make shit up and pretend its fact?

FlaGator
10-24-2008, 12:36 PM

Convince vulnerable, but otherwise fine people that they are broken by demonizing and demoralizing them....

Then break them even more with superstitious, pseudo-scientific nonsense about fixing the an imaginary problem.... brilliant!!

What could possibly go wrong?

What causes homosexuality?

Molon Labe
10-24-2008, 12:45 PM

+1 (Clap, Clap!)

In their defense...you can't really call them conservatives.

wilbur
10-24-2008, 12:46 PM

No one is sure... which makes the correct answer for this poll the "Not sure" answer.

No one is exactly sure what causes left-handedness either... its also only present in a small minority of people... does that mean we should call it a disease/disorder and try to "cure" it?

Oddly enough, homosexual males are much more likely to be left-handed.... everyone who is left handed, raise your hand;)

megimoo
10-24-2008, 01:18 PM
C'mon megs... really now. If you could actually prove that, you might have won a nobel prize by now.

Why do you feel the need to just make shit up and pretend its fact?Hey willie do you have a dog in this fight ?

megimoo
10-24-2008, 01:36 PM
No one is sure... which makes the correct answer for this poll the "Not sure" answer.

No one is exactly sure what causes left-handedness either... its also only present in a small minority of people... does that mean we should call it a disease/disorder and try to "cure" it?

Oddly enough, homosexual males are much more likely to be left-handed.... everyone who is left handed, raise your hand;)
Now how did you know that ?Have you been privy to their innermost secrets.Next you'll try and convince us that pedophiles aren't homosexuals but normal free ranging males !

wilbur
10-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Now how did you know that ?Have you been privy to their innermost secrets.Next you'll try and convince us that pedophiles aren't homosexuals but normal free ranging males !

I read.

There really isnt much of a connection between pedophilia and sexual orientation... and just FYI... it comes it both flavors.

http://www.internationalorder.org/scandal_response.html

According to Groth, child molesters can be divided into two types: “fixated” and “regressed.” The fixated offender is attracted primarily to children and has little or no interest in adult relationships; such a person is known in clinical terms as a “pedophile.” The regressed offender is interested in and capable of adult sexual relationships; however, this person may on occasion regress to sexual encounters with children, often as a result of difficulties and frustration in his adult relationships.15

Groth writes that the fixated offender, or pedophile, tends to select boys more often than girls, but for reasons having nothing to do with homosexuality:

In general, fixated child molesters are drawn to children sexually in that they identify with the child and appear in some ways to want to remain children themselves. It is for this reason that the trend for fixated offenders is to target boys as victims. . . . They see the boy as a projected representation of themselves. They feel themselves to be more child than adult – more boys than men – and therefore find themselves more comfortable (especially sexually) in the company of children. . . .16

Groth stresses that “these same individuals are uninterested in adult homosexual relationships. In fact, they frequently express a strong sexual aversion to adult males, reporting that what they find attractive about the immature boy are his feminine features and the absence of secondary sexual characteristics such as body hair and muscles.”17 The second type of offender, the regressed offender, is predominantly heterosexual. However, he may temporarily turn to boys or girls as a result of complications in his adult relations.18 Although regressed offenders are more likely to choose girls than boys as victims, writes Groth, what attracts the regressed male offender to boys are the feminine characteristics of pre‑ pubescents. Groth found no cases of boy molestation in which the offender had an adult homosexual orientation. Concludes Groth,

Homosexuality and homosexual pedophilia are not synonymous. In fact, it may be that these two orientations are mutually exclusive, the reason being that the homosexual male is sexually attracted to masculine qualities whereas the heterosexual male is sexually attracted to feminine characteristics, and the sexually immature child’s qualities are more feminine than masculine. . . . The child offender who is attracted to and engaged in adult sexual relationships is heterosexual. It appears, therefore, that the adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater sexual risk to underage children than does the adult homosexual male.19

snip....

This finding is consistent with other research studies on the phenomenon of pedophilia. These studies stress that what the pedophile seeks are the qualities of “childness,” such as small stature, hairlessness, and an innocent, trusting disposition; the maleness or femaleness of the child is secondary.23

So yep... pedophiles arent homosexual.

FlaGator
10-24-2008, 08:53 PM

Since you don't know what causes homosexuality, how can you state that treatment via counseling is pseudo-science? You need to know the cause of one to determine the viability of the other. You have jumped to conclusion based on absolutely no evidence. I suspect that because this counseling has a religious basis you have determined it to be junk science with not basis to back that up. That is very unlike you. Your bias against religion taints the objectivity of you opinions.

FlaGator
10-24-2008, 09:00 PM
I read.

There really isnt much of a connection between pedophilia and sexual orientation... and just FYI... it comes it both flavors.

Then why do must pedophiles tend to have a predilection to one sex over the other? In many cases some pedophiles tend to be homosexual and some tend to be heterosexuals.

megimoo
10-24-2008, 10:30 PM
I read.

More Psychobabble and bullshit .If you are a man and sexually into men or young men you are homosexual by definition period.

If you are a man and into men or male children then you are a homosexual pedophile by definition.Ipso Facto Willie !By the same token if you are attracted to young girls and are an adult male you could become a pedofile !

ped∑o∑phil∑i∑a (pd-fl-, pd-)
n.
The act or fantasy on the part of an adult of engaging in sexual activity with a child or children.

wilbur
10-25-2008, 10:54 AM
[SIZE="3"]More Psychobabble and bullshit .If you are a man and sexually into men or young men you are homosexual by definition period.

Ok, lets hear it... tell us what you believe, and why you can simply dismiss the opinions of experts as psychobabble because it may have to make you rethink your deeply cherished belief about homosexuals... experts who have endeavoured to understand how and why something like paedophilia exists so that it can be understood, and dealt with effectively.

Lets hear your reasoning as to why homosexuality and paedophilia are related... I'm guessing you'll say one leads to the other.

The religious persons desire to conflate homosexuality and paedophilia for the convenience of their own anti-homosexual agenda isnt just stupid... its a mandate to forever misunderstand the one of the most grave issues we face today and it puts all children out there at risk by running interference on those who would honestly try to understand it.

So go ahead.... spell it out.

If you are a man and into men or male children then you are a homosexual pedophile by definition.Ipso Facto Willie !By the same token if you are attracted to young girls and are an adult male you could become a pedofile !

Paedophiles arent into men or women, or even young men or young women. They are into pre-pubescent children..

crockspot
10-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Oh-oh-oh-oh Wilbur...

http://www.nndb.com/tv/733/000049586/mister-ed-8.jpg

wilbur
10-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Then why do must pedophiles tend to have a predilection to one sex over the other? In many cases some pedophiles tend to be homosexual and some tend to be heterosexuals.

But the most important factor is the age, to a pedophile... sex is secondary. In other words, a NAMBLA card-carrying pedophile will abuse a child girl in the absence of any pre-pubescent boys.

Some research even suggests that adult homosexuality and same sex pedophilia may be mutually exclusive:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/tr7388256l7437xh/

Bubba Dawg
10-25-2008, 03:28 PM

Track lighting and ferns.

GenYConservative
10-26-2008, 04:34 AM
Despite the fact I will be criticized and ridiculed for my opinion, here it is.

I know a few homosexual people. I went to school with one, who will be the basis for my argument. I've talked to him about it, and trust me, if he could CHOOSE to be straight, he would. He has been bullied, harrassed, insulted, and just overall treated like absolute shit because of how he is. Are you honestly trying to tell me he is CHOOSING a lifestyle which automatically makes him an outcast? If you think that way, I don't know what to say other than you are flat out wrong.

Many homosexuals are normal people who are trying to live their lives like the rest of us. Its that small portion of "activists" who cause the whole group to be viewed as extremist nutjobs. Most of them, you wouldn't be able to tell one way or another just by seeing them, looking at them, etc. They keep their private business private, the way it should be.

If you are going to base it on a religious argument, here's my response. Only one person makes the final decision if you go to Hell or Heaven. And that person is none of us. And anyone who has met him and seem him make said decision has never returned to this earth to share the outcome. So for lowly human to make that decision and cast that sentence on someone without knowing what the big guy upstairs REALLY thinks of it is absurd and stupid. Its not OUR place to judge someone based on who they go to bed with, that really is an ultimate decision that is "above my pay grade".

Now let me make this point. I do not support Gay Marriage. I support Civil Unions, which give the same rights as straight married couples to gay couples, but protects the "sanctity of marriage". Many gay couples simply want the ability to file joint tax returns, family health care, etc. IMO, they're not asking much, honestly. Again, this is referring to the vast majority of gays and lesbians, not that loud and obnoxious "activist" bunch like Ellen Degeneres who try to take their beliefs and shove it in everyones faces.

FlaGator
10-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Despite the fact I will be criticized and ridiculed for my opinion, here it is.

I know a few homosexual people. I went to school with one, who will be the basis for my argument. I've talked to him about it, and trust me, if he could CHOOSE to be straight, he would. He has been bullied, harrassed, insulted, and just overall treated like absolute shit because of how he is. Are you honestly trying to tell me he is CHOOSING a lifestyle which automatically makes him an outcast? If you think that way, I don't know what to say other than you are flat out wrong.

Many homosexuals are normal people who are trying to live their lives like the rest of us. Its that small portion of "activists" who cause the whole group to be viewed as extremist nutjobs. Most of them, you wouldn't be able to tell one way or another just by seeing them, looking at them, etc. They keep their private business private, the way it should be.

If you are going to base it on a religious argument, here's my response. Only one person makes the final decision if you go to Hell or Heaven. And that person is none of us. And anyone who has met him and seem him make said decision has never returned to this earth to share the outcome. So for lowly human to make that decision and cast that sentence on someone without knowing what the big guy upstairs REALLY thinks of it is absurd and stupid. Its not OUR place to judge someone based on who they go to bed with, that really is an ultimate decision that is "above my pay grade".

Now let me make this point. I do not support Gay Marriage. I support Civil Unions, which give the same rights as straight married couples to gay couples, but protects the "sanctity of marriage". Many gay couples simply want the ability to file joint tax returns, family health care, etc. IMO, they're not asking much, honestly. Again, this is referring to the vast majority of gays and lesbians, not that loud and obnoxious "activist" bunch like Ellen Degeneres who try to take their beliefs and shove it in everyones faces.

Why would many of us criticize your opinion? I too believe that most homosexuals are normal everyday people. I feel that homosexual activity is sinful and is wrong, but that doesn't preclude me from liking the individual. This is a case where I can respect a person but not approve a certain aspects of their behavior. I'm a recovering alcoholic. There were plenty of people who liked me and thought I was a decent guy but did not approve of my drinking and where concerned for my health and safety. It's not the same thing but here are some parallels between the way society looks at both the homosexual and the alcoholic.